YS Memories of Celceta Ultra Premiun Edition

The Ys games are like one half hack-n-slash and one half JRPG, right? How much replay value is there usually, and are they long games?

As much as a typical game.

You may play it again but generally once the game is completely beaten there's not much more to do. Kinda like Xenoblade D=.

Thankfully the game is quite long (its xseed for heaven sakes)

It's 5$ cheaper but it'll come all banged up thanks to amazon's shitty shipping. Gonna stay with EB games in-store pickup.

Hmm, I usually get fat games like this in boxes with air bubbles from Amazon, which show up in good shape. EB is obviously safe, though... but I am soooo lazy. ;)
I often order 2 or 3 in a single order, and they end up coming in a big box with enough air cushions. All you have to do is print a return label and keep the best one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
amazon.ca covers shipping for damaged item returns.
Yeah, but ordering 2-3 should ensure boxed shipping, and probably no or minimal damages. I can understand wanting multiples, but if returning is a serious option why would you want a random YMMV amount? Any resends Amazon would possibly send out may be singles, and get sent in a bubble mailer...

It's just not worth fuck ing around with everything you need to do to save $5. IMO EB is the correct lazy choice.

Yeah, but ordering 2-3 should ensure boxed shipping, and probably no or minimal damages. I can understand wanting multiples, but if returning is a serious option why would you want a random YMMV amount? Any resends Amazon would possibly send out may be singles, and get sent in a bubble mailer...

It's just not worth fuck ing around with everything you need to do to save $5. IMO EB is the correct lazy choice.
I'm just giving out options. It's up to you whatever you do.

My Zelda Wind Waker LE from ebgames came with crappy packaging and the LE box is crushed. I try to avoid eb as much as possible but didn't have a choice for zelda.

My Zelda Wind Waker LE from ebgames came with crappy packaging and the LE box is crushed.
In-store pickup was damaged????

Hmm, I usually get fat games like this in boxes with air bubbles from Amazon, which show up in good shape. EB is obviously safe, though... but I am soooo lazy. ;)
Lucky. My kingdom hearts LE and Killer Is Dead launch LE from amazon.ca both looked disgusting.

In-store pickup was damaged????

Lucky. My kingdom hearts LE and Killer Is Dead launch LE from amazon.ca both looked disgusting.
:( Now I'm worried. I think I'm still going to keep my preorder from there just to see what happens. For science!

Unrelated story about in-store pickup being damaged from EB. I had pre-ordered the Fallout: New Vegas CE from them, and when I picked it up, I noticed that the box had a big slit up one side. I brought it back in and pointed it out and asked to exchange it for an undamaged one. He grabbed me another one and it had the same slit. Then he started looking at the rest and they had all been cut. Apparently the worker who unpacked the shipment used a utility knife to slice side of one of the shipping boxes open, damaging every single CE inside. :(

I'm not sure how it's $5 cheaper than EBGames. The guy wants $5.54 in S&H, making it pretty much the same price.

There was free super-saver shipping from Amazon when I pre-ordered. Looks like they've run out of stock and farmed the item out to a third party now?
I just checked, and Best Buy has this up for pre-order. If I can pre-order in store for it, I'll get it from them instead of EB. I have $35 in gift certificates I want to use.

hmmm... I wonder which is better... EB Games seems more reliable then bestbuy... though bestbuy has never really let me down with premium editions.

When I received Hakuoki LE 3DS from Best Buy it came in a super secure cardboard envelope (like the old amazon packaging), no dents or shitty corners.

Why can't they always do that?

I ended up leaving my pre-order with EBGames. After Ubisoft delaying Watch Dogs to 2014. I paid off my pre-order with them and getting Batman Origins instead.

I'm so tempted to preorder this, despite not even owning a Vita.  I adored Ys Seven, and this looks really good, too!

I'm so tempted to preorder this, despite not even owning a Vita. I adored Ys Seven, and this looks really good, too!
Hey, if it helps, I'm buying a Vita just for Ys Celceta... but it might have to wait until early next year. Not sure which model I want, waiting to see if the new one comes here and what people think about it.

Hey, if it helps, I'm buying a Vita just for Ys Celceta... but it might have to wait until early next year. Not sure which model I want, waiting to see if the new one comes here and what people think about it.
Haha awesome. There aren't too many Vita games that interest me right now, however I was going to wait and eventually get the slim, just because I want the pink one. I think I will preorder Celceta to ensure I get the LE. I don't mind buying games before owning the system (e.g. I also have P4G).

The new one doesn't have an oled screen...that should make your decision easier.

The hell? They still list the release date as November 5th. So maybe they stupidly think they just didn't get any in stock...?

And this, my friends is why I kept my EBGames order.
Smart man. I had faith that they would ship my package securely without damaging it, but I didn't foresee them not getting any stock. :)

I put in a last-minute order through Amazon.com... so if they don't cancel it on me as well, I should manage to get a copy... I'll just be paying extra shipping and duty. :(

Not sure about the total price you'd pay through Amazon.com, but I figured remind that the usually forgotten VGP has it and might be cheaper total.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=21334

Thanks for the tip guys! I thought for sure the "order online" was greyed out on BB when I checked, but I might have just been blind. I put in a BB pre-order and will cancel my expensive Amazon.com one this afternoon.

You're right, I did have VGP in the back of my mind but I kind of forgot about them / didn't think to check.

I always order from VPG. They have always served me well and were invaluable for me when living abroad with decent priced shipping and customs-friendly packaging.

Anyone who ordered from Best Buy have their order ship out?  My card hasn't even been charged yet, but I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. :p

Anyone who ordered from Best Buy have their order ship out? My card hasn't even been charged yet, but I'm not sure if I should be worried or not. :p
Same here. It still shows as "in progress" but nothing charged. I ordered when they supposedly had 7 in stock for preorder. Lol, this is going to be a fun wait : I

Anyone find this game?

This is the only "collectors" edition I've been interested in in years (probably beause  Ys 7 was one of my favorite games & it came in a collectors edition with similar stuff).

Even the regular edition seems hard to find, at least on-line.

Well fuck. It's looking like this is a for real *Limited* Edition, and EB screwed me over. My store only got a few copies, and they gutted all of them for fun. I didn't want a gutted copy, so I had my clerk call the nearest EB to check for stock and put one on hold. I cancelled my preorder and proceeded to the next EB, only to find out they had no LE's available, just the regular version.... That EB phoned around more for me, and every local EB is soldout of the LE. I went back to the first EB to grudgingly take the gutted copy, and they wouldn't give it to me, cause they had more preorders than their allocation covered, and my preorder was cancelled so I was at the back of the line...

Here's hoping BB stocks it shortly, so I can swing in and grab a copy off the shelf.

Not looking good here too. 

- ebgames preorder - box beaten up badly with one corner cut about half inch. Since they have no other copies, I'm stuck with this.

- BB preorder - I'm also under "in progress".

- amazon preorder - cancelled. 

Probably the last resort would be US amazon or gamestop. 

My store only got a few copies, and they gutted all of them for fun.
Not getting the Ys game, but had to comment on this. That's shitty, man. I don't even know how that's acceptable anymore. Thankfully EB/GS along with their business practices are nearing it's end these days.

I don't even understand how they can do it, it's quite literally more work. What kind of insane person just does pointless unneeded work? The game had just came in, they were busy, they hadn't even had a chance to phone me yet (I was watching the online stock checker and walked in to ask about it). Why'd they waste their time?

Probably the last resort would be US amazon or gamestop.
I resorted to VGP, they have a black friday deal so if you order some random things you should hopefully get boxed shipping. Looking at American complaints Amazon.com has supposedly been shipping out stuff in padded mailers lately. You could use the multiple order stratagy too, but they have several distribution centers, and your orders could easily get split. Unless of course you just buy 3-4 copies of Ys, which I seriously considered :)

I resorted to VGP, they have a black friday deal so if you order some random things you should hopefully get boxed shipping. Looking at American complaints Amazon.com has supposedly been shipping out stuff in padded mailers lately. You could use the multiple order stratagy too, but they have several distribution centers, and your orders could easily get split. Unless of course you just buy 3-4 copies of Ys, which I seriously considered :)
If it's as limited as it seems, you could easily resell your extra copies, but that'd probably be dangerously close to hoarder territory. :)

I've now got an "in progress" Best Buy order and a pending VGP order on the go. Hope one of them surfaces in good shape.

Even though it says sold out on the website, my "Item Status" says In Stock for the premium edition.  Still no charge, but maybe we'll actually get it?

bread's done
Back