BB - A Gift For You $5 cert YMMV (cert expires Oct 28th)

cgxcswim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)
Just checked mybestbuy, to see if my trade-in points had posted yet, and saw they added 250 points ($5 cert).  It showed up as "A Gift For You" in my purchase history.  I am Elite Plus, don't know if that has anything do with it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just posted this in the BB preowned price drops thread. :p

It showed up in mine the same, but as 0 points, just an issued cert.  The cert itself hasn't shown up yet here.

I just posted this in the BB preowned price drops thread. :p

It showed up in mine the same, but as 0 points, just an issued cert. The cert itself hasn't shown up yet here.

Same
Thanks op!

Inb4 "I'm the greatest customer BB has ever had. I can't believe they didn't give me five dollars. I'm going to complain until I get it!"

I got it for once. Also doesnt show up as a cert just yet for me as others stated. Maybe this is for people who were gifted elite status? I was gifted elite status last week by a kind CAG for free. Find it odd that both this cert and the elite status both have "gift" in the description. Regardless im happy. 

I got it for once. Also doesnt show up as a cert just yet for me as others stated. Maybe this is for people who were gifted elite status? I was gifted elite status last week by a kind CAG for free. Find it odd that both this cert and the elite status both have "gift" in the description. Regardless im happy.
That would be a negative since I am elite plus, but not via gift.

It shows in my points history, but as stated, it's not available to use.  I'm Elite Plus, and I gifted 3 invites to friends and family, so I doubt it's for receiving Elite status as a gift from someone.

I've spent $320 and have two $5 gift certificates. Does this mean I got one too? How do the points work on trade-ins and purchases ($1-1 point)?

Thanks cgxcswim! I make so few purchases at Best Buy these days I probably would have missed it had you not posted. Shows in my history as well but it's still zero like everyone else.

10/08/2013

Issued Certs

A Gift for You - $5 Bonus

-

Only problem is, when I go to my certificates then it's not there?

For probably the first time, I get one of these random certs. Haven't shown up yet, but patience is a virtue.

Also, I'm not Elite Plus, nowhere close, nor have I gotten one of those invitations to be one.

I'm elite plus and I got this bonus $5 cert as well but like others have said it's not in my certificates. Hopefully it's coming soon haha.

Elite Plus, loyal BBY shopper...didn't get shit....I hate when BBY does this. I have yet to get a single bonus certificate from these give aways. I don't get why, I buy something usually on a weekly or bi-weekly basis there.

Just called BB, told them I would take a shit on the carpet in their stores every day till I receive one. Now I am waiting before I plan to make good on that promise

I didnt get one. :( Maybe its for when they cancel those "too good to be true", call of duties.

Sweet, I got one. Hopefully the certificate appears within the next few days.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm Elite Plus and have been since the changeover to MyBestBuy.

Just called BB, told them I would take a shit on the carpet in their stores every day till I receive one. Now I am waiting before I plan to make good on that promise
This seems very reasonable. Make sure you bring some toilet paper so you don't stain your undies. No one likes an unclean cag!

It shows I got one for today's date.  Some said it was posted on 10/8 so I wonder why and how long it takes to show up.  I'm not elite but I have made a large purchase recently for work (make some extra points why not be an errand boy), did some trade-ins, survey, contacted customer service to rant about employees that don't know how to do trade-ins and used the mobile app to check-in.  Anyone care to find a pattern or maybe it was just randomly shot out to some people.  

Hope most of you guys get one also. 

Also got one, but as others have stated, it has not been posted yet.

I am not Elite, nor have I been gifted Elite.

I had to do some link hunting to see my RZ status.  Looks like I got one although the points haven't posted yet.  Not Elite anything.  Might be from that Metro: Last Light PC for a penny order which was cancelled.  

bread's done
Back