- - - - -

GGT 274 Isn't About Pokemon Because Luxuria Didn't Want To Make It

#31 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Only excited for strangers wrath. Haven't played that since xbox days

#32 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

i am officially going to jump on gta v online now, since Rockstar Games is offering 500k GTA$ in game currency as compensation for GTA Online issues.

#33 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12120 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

So I did something I never do yesterday. I bought a used console (super slim 500GB PS3) to take with me on my trip for work. I grabbed one since they were so cheap ($150 with a free game of $19.99 or less) but overall I'm not impressed. The super slim is bigger than I thought it would be and it's kind of jank compared to my regular slim. I'm also having a hard time getting it hooked up through HDMI. It could be because I was hooking it up to my Playstation TV (that I'm using as a computer monitor) which shuts off 2 seconds after it can't find a connection, but in any event I'm still annoyed.

So now I have to figure out if I'll just return the thing and stick to handhelds for the trip or suck it up get it connected via HDMI and download some Plus and other games to it to be ready to go. I really hate used crap when it comes to gaming.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#34 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

So I did something I never do yesterday. I bought a used console (super slim 500GB PS3) to take with me on my trip for work. I grabbed one since they were so cheap ($150 with a free game of $19.99 or less) but overall I'm not impressed. The super slim is bigger than I thought it would be and it's kind of jank compared to my regular slim. I'm also having a hard time getting it hooked up through HDMI. It could be because I was hooking it up to my Playstation TV (that I'm using as a computer monitor) which shuts off 2 seconds after it can't find a connection, but in any event I'm still annoyed.

So now I have to figure out if I'll just return the thing and stick to handhelds for the trip or suck it up get it connected via HDMI and download some Plus and other games to it to be ready to go. I really hate used crap when it comes to gaming.

return it of course, shuting off 2 seconds should be the obvious sign

#35 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12120 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

return it of course, shuting off 2 seconds should be the obvious sign

That's the PS TV not the used console. I was just having a problem getting it connected via HDMI. It worked over regular old AV on a different monitor. The TV works fine it's whoever created the thing though made the bone headed decision for it to shut so quickly after not finding a valid connection on whatever input it uses. For those that own it know how annoying it is.

jkam2.png

#36 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39517 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:52 PM

Only excited for strangers wrath. Haven't played that since xbox days

Too bad you're not getting it.

EU PS+, not NA PS+

#37 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5644 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

I survived.

Yo, Lux, who was your starter?

Grass one.

I always start with the grass starter. ^_^

#38 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39338 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Grass one.

I'm going with fire then

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#39 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:41 PM

Too bad you're not getting it.

EU PS+, not NA PS+

shots fired

I'm going water then.

#40 panzerfaust  

panzerfaust

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

MGS games really are like, 1-2 corridors and then 30 minutes of film and codec conversations. For some reason I miss this shit.

#41 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

Lol j/king no one goes water.

Is pikachu a choice?

MGS games really are like, 1-2 corridors and then 30 minutes of film and codec conversations. For some reason I miss this shit.

Fucking awesome, huh?

In MGS 4 kojima-san said Fuck codec lets do 25 hours of cutscenes

#42 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5644 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

Lol j/king no one goes water.

Is pikachu a choice?

Spoiler

#43 Mega Man   SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT CAGiversary!   17190 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Spoiler

Cool thanks dawg

#44 Rai Rai   Lookin' in all the right places CAGiversary!   14944 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

EU PS+ killin' it again... especially for whoknows:

Entering PS Plus:

Beat by Lux, but it's worth repeating. ;)

... I hate you so much right now, SCEA.

#45 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7318 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

Grass one.

Nice. I usually go fire, but I like Chespin's line a lot. Might do the same.

Check out my art blog.      |      Trade List

Open for commissions. Ask me to draw for you.

#46 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5644 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

I personally like the fire dude's second type, but I can't break tradition.

Also, it seems like people need to trade if they want mega forms. For example, a game might have access to Charizard but the other game has the megastone to turn him into Mega Charizard.

That's just an example as I don't really want to spoil any of the megas in the game. 

#47 luxuria   Memories of You CAGiversary!   5644 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

#48 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7318 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

Interesting. I'm sure I'll be good considering the fiancee's getting X while I get Y, but it seems like there'll be enough of people around here playing to help with that shit.

These are just fan doodles, but I kinda like 'em more than the official starter evolutions:

Spoiler

#49 ihadFG   Adamustache CAGiversary!   7992 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

I'm starting with Froakie. I don't stick to any type, I just go with whichever one I happen to want in each game.  I was gonna go Chespin originally, and I especially like his second evolution, but I'm not feeling the final one.  All of Froakie's evolutions look sweet to me.

My Tradelist

#50 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   12120 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

All this pokemons talk is like a foreign language to me.

jkam2.png

#51 panzerfaust  

panzerfaust

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

It's got me scouring for a good price on a 3DS

#52 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   39338 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

Sounds like it's time for you to buy a Pokemon game jkam. It's the perfect time with a new one coming out and your trip coming out.

It's a sign.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community.  

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

It's because of pillars like you, I remain in this community.  Thank you!

Spoken like a true pillar. The community sends its many thanks.

How dare you speak to the pillar of our community that way. If he says you're a closet vita fan he knows what he's talking about.

#53 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7318 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

http://hornedfreak.t...h-later-suckers

#54 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

Froakie for life, my niggas. Gonna name that little frog Lamar. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#55 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

SinOfHeart

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm starting with Froakie. I don't stick to any type, I just go with whichever one I happen to want in each game.  I was gonna go Chespin originally, and I especially like his second evolution, but I'm not feeling the final one.  All of Froakie's evolutions look sweet to me.

I love frogs, my only wish is if he was more green, but I will accept a blue frog.

Also, picking Froakie makes me feel like Big the Cat.

662978.pngTeddie_Swimsuit_Sig.jpg
sig.gif

#56 GhostShark   The Drunken Whaler CAGiversary!   3143 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

GhostShark

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

Froakie also evolves into a ninja frog. That should make the Naruto weeaboo in gunnm dawg go crazy. 

Posted Image

Stinging Death To All Enemies

#57 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

SinOfHeart

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

But can a ninja be this cool?
James_Pond_3.jpg

sig.gif

#58 SinOfHeart   Teddie's #1 Fan CAGiversary!   5154 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

SinOfHeart

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Also no frog talk is complete without this for background music:

sig.gif

#59 MoCiWe   Sporked In The Heart CAGiversary!   7269 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:17 PM

Have they updated the Beta again?

Yeah they did, added a new mode, not sure if they did anything else though

I personally like the fire dude's second type, but I can't break tradition.

Also, it seems like people need to trade if they want mega forms. For example, a game might have access to Charizard but the other game has the megastone to turn him into Mega Charizard.

That's just an example as I don't really want to spoil any of the megas in the game. 

Don't some Pokemon have TWO Mega forms? (One for X, One for Y)

659629.png?68329996

I like to stream sometimes! twitch.tv/mociwe

#60 Action!   bwip CAGiversary!   7318 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

Also no frog talk is complete without this for background music:

One of the best.