* * * * - 14 votes

Android Deals Thread V2 ~ Waking Mars $1.99

Android Amazon Appstore Sales

#3271 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted 19 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Cut the Rope: Time Travel HD is today's FAOTD.

Has there been any more amazon coin deals like that GTA:SA deal last year. A nice spring or summer deal would be nice

Nothing lately. I would have posted about it if there was any. :)

Seems Amazon isn't giving out Amazon Coins for purchases anymore.

#3272 11440   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

FYI to anyone with Final Fantasy VI from Amazon: The Amazon version has finally been updated to a Lollipop-compatible build.

#3273 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1420 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

Cross-posting - Humble Tin Man Games Mobile Bundle:

• Judge Dredd: Countdown Sector 106
  • Slaves of Rema
  • Siege of the Necromancer
  • An Assassin in Orlandes

Beat the Average for:

• Trial of the Clone
  • Curse of the Assassin
  • Fighting Fantasy: Caverns of the Snow Witch
  • Sultans of Rema

Pay $9 or more for:

• Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be
  • Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller

Posted Image

#3274 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   972 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

I haven't been paying attention to the Humble bundles. Big mistake on my end.

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#3275 technohat  

technohat

Posted 20 April 2015 - 09:16 PM

Pay $9 or more for:

• Ryan North's To Be Or Not To Be
  • Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller

Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller looks interesting but not worth spending $9 on.

#3276 rcsample   That's just like, your opinion man. CAGiversary!   1353 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
PC

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:58 AM

Fighting Fantasy: Starship Traveller looks interesting but not worth spending $9 on.

It was either free or 99 amazon lucre in the not to distant past

#3277 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted 21 April 2015 - 01:31 PM

Playlist: The Very Best Of Meat Loaf for free.

#3278 osso1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for the Post

Gotta Love Free Meat Loaf..

#3279 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:39 AM

Couple more free albums. Found these on SD.

Playlist: The Very Best Of Toto

Play: Classic Rock

#3280 ygoloib  

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:26 AM

anyone know when that hitman sniper challenge game coming out, it was suppose to come out last year (hope it isn't some f2p nonsense)

Wu Tang is for the children

#3281 praxus07  

Posted 23 April 2015 - 10:38 AM

Is there a site, other than here, that tracks all the game sales on the google play store?
767146.png

#3282 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   3891 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 23 April 2015 - 11:52 AM

They do have a site but you're better off with the app. It's called AppSales. It's really useful and even shows a chart of apps' price history in the last 60 days.

I think some people have also gotten deals from Android Police.

#3283 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   865 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

The Room Two  $2.99  $0.59 (80% off) on Google Play.

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD  $3.99  $1.19 (70% off) on Google Play.

Anomaly Defenders  $3.99  $1.19 (70% off) on Google Play.

Anomaly Korea  $3.99  $1.19 (70% off) on Google Play.

Anomaly 2  $4.99  $1.49 (70% off) on Google Play.

STEAM | XBL | PSN | MY BACKLOG

#3284 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:21 AM

I just upgraded to the S6 and I have a lot of storage space to fill, anyone have any good game recomendations?

#3285 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

Don't have time to post them but there is a ton of SNK games on sale too.

#3286 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted 24 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

They are listed at http://www.app-sales.net/ if anyone wants to see them.

#3287 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

I just upgraded to the S6 and I have a lot of storage space to fill, anyone have any good game recomendations?

Getting a phone that has a microsd slot? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. And Samsung was one of the last holdouts. At least they bumped up the internal to 32 gb, otherwise it would be criminal. Not like you can take full advantage of the external card in Kit Kat without being rooted anyway and you have to enable it in Lollipop. Thanks Google for making that change no one asked for from Jellybean. *Grumble, grumble *

On a more related note, where do your tastes lie? I love strategy games but they aren't for everyone and some of my favorites, including one franchise in particular that everyone knows that I adore, don't translate well to the small screen of a phone. (I primarily use a tablet.)

I recommend Talisman if you like board games, Rubicon has some turn based strategy games that work well on the small screen. Fruit ninja is a favorite little time waster. Any puzzle quest game, Pixel Defender Puzzle, and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes scratch that puzzle itch. The latter seems to go on sale quite often. I enjoyed Raiden Legacy for a top down shooter. Likewise it makes the rounds on sales.

If you like interactive fiction the whole Lone Wolf collection is up in various forms. It is a game book style with stats, ability and combat and some versions add go further than that, including a new story with more of a varied game play than just the game books.

Hearthstone just got expanded to phones if you want a ccg fix but is free to play. I hear you can use the same account across platforms if you use your blizzard account though so what you spend on the pc and cards gained on there are added to your Android collection. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I saw it in this thread. I am too lazy to double check.

The others could probably recommend platformers and runners better than I could.
Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

Come check out my tradelist. It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games. Includes pen and paper rpgs and more. http://www.cheapassg...hl= sweeetja713
Do you have a Fire Emblem Sacred Stones GBA box if so please pm me. I want it.

#3288 WolfmanASTN   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   858 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

WolfmanASTN

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Getting a phone that has a microsd slot? Sorry, pet peeve of mine. And Samsung was one of the last holdouts. At least they bumped up the internal to 32 gb, otherwise it would be criminal. Not like you can take full advantage of the external card in Kit Kat without being rooted anyway and you have to enable it in Lollipop. Thanks Google for making that change no one asked for from Jellybean. *Grumble, grumble *

On a more related note, where do your tastes lie? I love strategy games but they aren't for everyone and some of my favorites, including one franchise in particular that everyone knows that I adore, don't translate well to the small screen of a phone. (I primarily use a tablet.)

I recommend Talisman if you like board games, Rubicon has some turn based strategy games that work well on the small screen. Fruit ninja is a favorite little time waster. Any puzzle quest game, Pixel Defender Puzzle, and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes scratch that puzzle itch. The latter seems to go on sale quite often. I enjoyed Raiden Legacy for a top down shooter. Likewise it makes the rounds on sales.

If you like interactive fiction the whole Lone Wolf collection is up in various forms. It is a game book style with stats, ability and combat and some versions add go further than that, including a new story with more of a varied game play than just the game books.

Hearthstone just got expanded to phones if you want a ccg fix but is free to play. I hear you can use the same account across platforms if you use your blizzard account though so what you spend on the pc and cards gained on there are added to your Android collection. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Maybe I saw it in this thread. I am too lazy to double check.

The others could probably recommend platformers and runners better than I could.

Thankfully I got the 64 GB model so i'm not too worried about space. Thanks for the suggestions! I'miss more into action games But i'll give a few of those a try!

#3289 Cao Cao   Spoooooooky CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:49 AM

NP, I'll just copy my post from elsewhere:

Fatal Fury Special - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Garou: Mark of the Wolves - $0.99 (Regular: $3.99; 75% off)
Samurai Shodown 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug 2 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug X - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
Metal Slug 3 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters '97 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters '98 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)
The King of Fighters-A 2012 - $0.99 (Regular: $2.99; 67% off)

An important thing to note is that most of SNK's games don't work on LolliPop (Android 5.0 and up). For example, in 5.0.2, KOF98 crashes at the start and Metal Slug 3 crashes after the SNK/DotEmu logos. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only 3 that might work in LP are Fatal Fury Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Samurai Shodown II; as the first two are SNK's most recent releases, and the last one received an update back in January.

#3290 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1351 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 01:15 AM

An important thing to note is that most of SNK's games don't work on LolliPop (Android 5.0 and up). For example, in 5.0.2, KOF98 crashes at the start and Metal Slug 3 crashes after the SNK/DotEmu logos. As far as I can tell, it looks like the only 3 that might work in LP are Fatal Fury Special, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, and Samurai Shodown II; as the first two are SNK's most recent releases, and the last one received an update back in January.

Thanks and that's good to know about Lollipop. Have a few of their games I haven't played in a while. But I have Lollipop on my Shield Tablet so....oh well. Hope they update them.

#3291 headpiece747   I'm always angry CAGiversary!   2526 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
3DS

headpiece747

Posted Yesterday, 02:48 AM

Late addition: Amazon AOTD: True Skate - Free

Here are some swiped from AndroidPolice:

Plasma Sky — $0.99 from $1.99

TMNT: ROOFTOP RUN — $1.99 from $2.99

Braveland Wizard — $1.52 from $2.99

Pirates and Traders: Gold! — $1.99 from $4.99

Townsmen Premium — Free from $2.99 (Amazon)

Enigmatis 2 — $1.99 from $4.99

Anomaly Korea — $1.19 from $3.99

Anomaly Defenders — $1.19 from $3.99

Anomaly Warzone Earth HD — $1.19 from $3.99

The Room Two — $0.59 from $2.99

They forgot Anomaly 2 $1.49 from $4.99

Leo's Fortune $0.99 from $4.99

fss.png

Ecliptic Sight | Art by Ecliptic Sight |              sig.png

#3292 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 AM

Thankfully I got the 64 GB model so i'm not too worried about space. Thanks for the suggestions! I'miss more into action games But i'll give a few of those a try!

Hmmm not really my niche, but I did purchase Wayward Souls with Amazon coins based on chatter in this thread. Couldn't tell ya if it's any good or not personally as I haven't played it and honestly don't know if I will but I hear great things about it. Hero of Many is one I have from bundles that looks interesting.

Keep an eye on this thread for the announcements of when amazon drops 101 free apps in a day and you should have your phone filled up in no time. Humble mobile bundles are also a good way to stock your device if a couple of the games offered appeal to you.
Wondering why I did such a long quote, didn't quote at all, or my post is riddled with typos? 90% of the time I'm on a mobile device and editing and formatting are too time consuming.

Come check out my tradelist. It's full of geeky goodness that's not limited to video games. Includes pen and paper rpgs and more. http://www.cheapassg...hl= sweeetja713

#3293 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 10:46 PM

The fighters don't work with controllers either. Talk about a missed opportunity all around.

#3294 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted Today, 12:31 AM

Leo's Fortune $0.99 from $4.99

Leo's Fortune is also $0.99 on Amazon and iTunes.

http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B00N57VBRG/

https://itunes.apple...d830544402?mt=8

**Happy Birthday Leo Flash Sale! Up to 80% off as we celebrate our mustachioed friend's first birthday!!**

#3295 sweeetja713   Damn you CAG mobile theme! CAGiversary!   1986 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

sweeetja713

Posted Today, 01:59 AM

Does anyone else wind up getting so many of the same damn surveys repeated from Google that you start second guessing what you put the first times around just so you can make sure you put the same, in hopes they will move on and ask something interesting next time? It doesn't help when some of my feelings about the topics are borderline between choices depending on the day. Screw you Google I'm trying to be a good demographic monkey but, seriously, enough already.

#3296 CodeTrader   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1525 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

CodeTrader

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

Insignia - 8in Flex Tablet - 8GB - Wi-Fi + 4G LTE Verizon - Black (Pre-Owned) for $29.99 + $5 shipping.

http://www.cowboom.c...-of-the-day.cfm

#3297 Cao Cao   Spoooooooky CAGiversary!   3003 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 08:18 AM

The fighters don't work with controllers either. Talk about a missed opportunity all around.

Hm? I could've sworn that the only one without Bluetooth controller support was KOF-A2012. I know 98 has controller support, since I used my MOGA with it.

#3298 hpbbes   I typo'd my username CAGiversary!   1221 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:48 PM

98 definitely does. I think Mark of the Wolves does too.

#3299 HaloGX   DCGX CAGiversary!   346 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:42 PM

I was reading reviews on Fatal Fury, and they said it didn't support controllers.