Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Recommended Apps/Sites for Android App Deals
Free Daily Apps
AppGratis - Offers new free apps and discounts everyday.
App of the Day - UK only app. Download the apk mirrored here and install manually.

Discounts
AppSales - Tracks Google Play price drops and sales.

Amazon App-Store Deals - Page listing all current Android app sales from Amazon.

If you have any recommendations for apps/sites you think should be added, please let me know and I will see to it...

Nice.  Thanks Ninja Squirrel.  I grabbed Clash of Heroes last night with some of my $5 Kit Kat money, seems like it'll be worth $1.  

This may sound like a really weird or anal suggestion, but could you take the "The" out of the front of the title of the thread?  When I scan the front page 1000 times a day like I usually do, a lot of times I really only read the first word or two of each thread before I realize whether or not I actually want to open the thread.  I actually completely skipped over this thread the first time because I didn't notice it was an Android thread.

This may sound like a really weird or anal suggestion, but could you take the "The" out of the front of the title of the thread? When I scan the front page 1000 times a day like I usually do, a lot of times I really only read the first word or two of each thread before I realize whether or not I actually want to open the thread. I actually completely skipped over this thread the first time because I didn't notice it was an Android thread.
haha just and old/odd habit. Changed it though since you asked ;)

Sorry - I feel stupid now! Just realized I posted in the old thread directly below the announcement of the new thread! I should know better than that by now. Here's a repeat of my post (now in the correct thread):

Heads up, my company's game, Breach & Clear, will be on sale for $1.99 very soon (set the sale on Google Play, so it will appear within the next few hours).

There's also a huge content update coming within the next few days that will add a new map set in Mexico as well as a new game mode (Escape Plan). There is a ton of content in the package and $1.99 is an absolute steal. The price will be going up to $3.99 on the 18th - make of that as you will. :)

https://play.google....m.gun.bnc&hl=en

Sorry - I feel stupid now! Just realized I posted in the old thread directly below the announcement of the new thread! I should know better than that by now. Here's a repeat of my post (now in the correct thread):

Heads up, my company's game, Breach & Clear, will be on sale for $1.99 very soon (set the sale on Google Play, so it will appear within the next few hours).

There's also a huge content update coming within the next few days that will add a new map set in Mexico as well as a new game mode (Escape Plan). There is a ton of content in the package and $1.99 is an absolute steal. The price will be going up to $3.99 on the 18th - make of that as you will. :)

Cool, thanks for the heads up I will be sure to add it to the OP!

I also always think it's cool to see devs on CAG, it seems there are a few here which I've had the pleasure ^_^

Looks interesting enough - kind of like a modern-day xcom. Picked it up on your suggestion, as I was looking for something in this vein (hopefully!)

Yes, this new thread is much appreciated, MrNinjaSquirrel! I'm tempted by Adventure Bar Story, even though I have it on iPad.

Just curious but do any of you use antivirus apps? I have AVG free, but I want something a little more encompassing. Any recommendations?

Just curious but do any of you use antivirus apps? I have AVG free, but I want something a little more encompassing. Any recommendations?
I use Norton, although I'm not sure if the con of lower battery life is worth it. I have had it pick up a handful of apps downloaded through amazon though, so I guess it's good for something. I've tried Lookout before, which I thought was good especially for it's phone siren feature, but the battery penalty was really bad so I had to delete it. Either of those would probably be worth trying, though I'm not sure how much more you will get from them that AVG doesn't provide (for free at least).

When does the Playstore actually update? Sunday? Monday? I'm still showing the "Sci-Fi and Comic book deals" from last week.

all on amazon

finds right now Monday 7pm est time

free coins
Thanks for the heads up on this, although it took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. For those who are still confused: it seems several very popular free2play games are now offering 20 free Amazon coins when you download them (each coin is worth $0.01 and can be used on anything in the Amazon Android App-Store). I suspect there are other games doing this as well but so far the list includes:

Jetpack Joyride

The Simpsons Tapped Out (Kindle Tablet Edition)

Temple Run 2

SpongeBob Diner Dash

Despicable Me: Minion Rush

Subway Surfers (Kindle Tablet Edition)

ZOMBIES ATE MY FRIENDS (Kindle Tablet Edition)

FIFA 14 by EA SPORTS (Kindle Tablet Edition)

It's an easy $1.60 so I'd suggest grabbing them all (if you want to do it quicker and not have to cancel the downloads, use the Amazon website).

I use Norton, although I'm not sure if the con of lower battery life is worth it. I have had it pick up a handful of apps downloaded through amazon though, so I guess it's good for something. I've tried Lookout before, which I thought was good especially for it's phone siren feature, but the battery penalty was really bad so I had to delete it. Either of those would probably be worth trying, though I'm not sure how much more you will get from them that AVG doesn't provide (for free at least).
Hmm, I'll check them out. Thanks for the names.

Thanks for the heads up on this, although it took me a minute to figure out what you were referring to. For those who are still confused: it seems several very popular free2play games are now offering 20 free Amazon coins when you download them (each coin is worth $0.01 and can be used on anything in the Amazon Android App-Store). I suspect there are other games doing this as well but so far the list includes:

Jetpack Joyride

Temple Run 2

SpongeBob Diner Dash

It's an easy $1.60 so I'd suggest grabbing them all (if you want to do it quicker and not have to cancel the downloads, use the Amazon website).
Thanks man, awesome. Also thanks slidecage. Do you know how I can view my "coins" balance on Amazon. Figured this out.

Also, I think I'll buy Scribblenauts Remix with my coins. Anyone know if that game is any good?

Thanks man, awesome. Also thanks slidecage. Do you know how I can view my "coins" balance on Amazon. Figured this out.

Also, I think I'll buy Scribblenauts Remix with my coins. Anyone know if that game is any good?
I haven't played that version, but from what I've read it's a pretty faithful mobile recreation of the franchise. As far as Scribblenauts in general, if you're the creative type that likes to try wacky solutions to problems you will likely get a kick out of it. I've had a lot of fun with the PC version of Unlimited, but I can see people who prefer cold cut puzzle answers not enjoying it nearly as much if at all. Basically, it's what you make of it and can be either a great deal of fun or a complete grind. For the price of the android version though, combined with the convenience of having it on you're phone it's definitely worth trying if you are at all interested (I might grab Remix as well actually with the free coins) :)

I use Lookout and like it a lot. Seems pretty light. I think it does its job. LoL

It scans every new app I install. I can also do a prescan before hitting install on any APK.

Pocket Mine has the 20 coins as well. I'll see if I can find a few more.

http://www.amazon.com/Roofdog-Games-inc-Pocket-Mine/dp/B00FELZD70/ref=sr_1_17?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1381799436&sr=1-17

And thanks for the info NinjaSquirrel.
Big thanks for these, added them all to the OP :)

Here are a few more. That should be $4.60 total.I missed the new thread. I got so used to the old one getting buried that I got in the habit of typing "cheapass android" into Chrome.

edit: I guess I should submit the referral appending to the link text as a bug. Is anyone else seeing it? When I edit and save changes it goes away but comes back when I refresh.

Here are a few more. That should be $4.60 total.

I missed the new thread. I got so used to the old one getting buried that I got in the habit of typing "cheapass android" into Chrome.

edit: I guess I should submit the referral appending to the link text as a bug. Is anyone else seeing it? When I edit and save changes it goes away but comes back when I refresh.
Yeah, there's a big ugly referral link thing right in the middle. That's odd.

EDIT: Apparently not in my quote, but yeah I see it in your post.

Yup, 460 coins now.  Sweet!  

As a Windows Phone transplant, I do have to say that this is pretty cool.  In just two weeks I got a $5 Google Play code from an $0.89 Kit Kat bar and now today I got $4.60 in free money for the Amazon App store.  I'm pretty sure I never got a penny from Microsoft towards apps in the 2+ years I owned a Windows Phone.

Jetpack Joyride

Temple Run 2

SpongeBob Diner Dash

Pocket Mine has the 20 coins as well. I'll see if I can find a few more.

http://www.amazon.com/Roofdog-Games-inc-Pocket-Mine/dp/B00FELZD70/ref=sr_1_17?s=mobile-apps&ie=UTF8&qid=1381799436&sr=1-17

And thanks for the info NinjaSquirrel.

Here are a few more. That should be $4.60 total.

I missed the new thread. I got so used to the old one getting buried that I got in the habit of typing "cheapass android" into Chrome.

thanks to everyone for the free money!!!!! ;)

but how do you see how many coins you have? :dunce:

thanks to everyone for the free money!!!!! ;)

but how do you see how many coins you have? :dunce:
Just click on a game that costs money to buy and on the right side it will ask you how you want to pay and tell you how many coins you have and how many the game will costs.

Just click on a game that costs money to buy and on the right side it will ask you how you want to pay and tell you how many coins you have and how many the game will costs.
thanks sweet 460 coins

edit: can we sell coins?

I don't really know actually, I'm just going off of whenever I check for new deals. What sci-fi/comic deals are you referring to?
the sci-fi comic deals is the first grouping when the play store starts up.

i have no idea how you figured out the free amazon coins from slidecage's post

bread's done
Back