* * * * - 16 votes

Android Deals Thread V2

Android Amazon Appstore Sales

#4951 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7717 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:24 AM

Not a huge Beach Boys fan but wouldn’t mind listening to them occasionally and contrary to the poster above me they are a legendary band.

And the Icon album is actually remasters of their biggest hits so nice freebie. Thanks for the heads up!

#4952 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6221 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted Today, 01:31 AM

Not a huge Beach Boys fan but wouldn’t mind listening to them occasionally and contrary to the poster above me they are a legendary band.

And the Icon album is actually remasters of their biggest hits so nice freebie. Thanks for the heads up!

I actually just got a new phone, and some freebie Beach Boys can't be beat. +1 on the heads up, as I am actually a fan, so great for me either way. I guess now I need to go back to following this thread, as now I have a current device and not a dinosaur anymore. LOL

"Listen y'all, if Chris of all people isn't complaining, then you know it's a non-issue." -tonyxvx

#4953 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5491 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 01:52 AM

I actually just got a new phone, and some freebie Beach Boys can't be beat. +1 on the heads up, as I am actually a fan, so great for me either way. I guess now I need to go back to following this thread, as now I have a current device and not a dinosaur anymore. LOL

This thread has seen more posts today than it has in a long while which I'm glad to see. Android users, unite! No more will we hide in the shadows! Our hardware costs just as much, our games much cheaper or free to play (with ads)!

#4954 chriscolbert   Push Me, Pull Me CAGiversary!   3090 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted Today, 01:59 AM

I'll keep the posts coming!

Anyone have any recommendations from the recent sales posted? I'm more of a fan of anything turn based since I will never pretend that I can use my phone to control a character in real time.

782879.png

#4955 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5491 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:24 AM

I'll keep the posts coming!

Anyone have any recommendations from the recent sales posted? I'm more of a fan of anything turn based since I will never pretend that I can use my phone to control a character in real time.

Congrats on the new phone. I'd invest in a Bluetooth controller if you've got the funds. I'm still rocking a Moga Power Pro myself for my tablet, but I've heard good things about the iPega controllers.

Neon Chrome, Sproggiwood, and Tallowmere are my favorites of the games that are currently on sale, but with the exception of Sproggiwood, they are all better with a controller. If you don't have one, you could try any of the board/card games or the Team 17-developed titles such as The Escapists or the Worms games. Any of the Worms games can be fun on a phone since they are turn based. I generally buy everything that's free unless it has weird permissions, and then I delete the freebies if they suck. Buff Knight Advanced is a surprisingly fun endless runner crossed with a role playing game. It's free and controller not required.

And don't forget you can always request a refund up to 2 hours after you make a game app purchase on Google Play, so if you don't like it, you can get your money back. I think Steam is the only other online game store that has this feature.

#4956 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   469 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted Today, 02:43 AM

Keep up the good work, Jose. My 15-year-old son thanks you for informing us of the free Beach Boys music.

Ariana Grande? Not so much. Lol =)

#4957 redreflect   I am the Wolf CAGiversary!   1417 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

redreflect

Posted Today, 03:07 AM

Happy for ANY free music! Thank you, Jose!

There is no one true CAG. Some are more "gamer," some are more "cheap" and certainly some are far more "ass."

#4958 affa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4484 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:25 AM

Free is about the right price for a Beach Boys album. And you're doing good work as always, Jose.

Sacrilege.

#4959 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5491 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:36 AM

The first season of the Cartoon Network series Steven Universe is on sale on Google Play Movies & TV for $4.99:

https://play.google....son-G1JYZnaQbZc

All other seasons of Steven Universe appear to be $6.99. The only way that I found this was that season 1 is the same price of $4.99 on Microsoft Movies and TV through Monday. Don't know if it will be on sale on Google Play for the same amount of time.