Giveaway: Retro City Rampage for Steam

DomPaolo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
591 (100%)
Hey friends! I've got yet another contest for you all. My good pal Brian, who just had a sale on his game Retro City Rampage, was kind enough to donate to me some codes for his game on Steam for those of you who did not take advantage of the sale!

To enter, you must do all of the following:

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

3) Tell me what looks best about this game, or if you have played it already, tell me what you loved about it

Good luck everyone, I'll probably end this contest sometime between Thursday and Friday of next week, so be sure to enter! :)

I like the look of the old school graphics with some modern touches

Hey friends! I've got yet another contest for you all. My good pal Brian, who just had a sale on his game Retro City Rampage, was kind enough to donate to me some codes for his game on Steam for those of you who did not take advantage of the sale!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

3) Tell me what looks best about this game, or if you have played it already, tell me what you loved about it

Good luck everyone, I'll probably end this contest sometime between Thursday and Friday of next week, so be sure to enter! :)

It reminds me of the classic GTA games only more chaotic.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

You get to drive a Delorean!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

the old style games remind me my childhood

To enter, you must do all of the following:

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

Good luck everyone, I'll probably end this contest sometime between Thursday and Friday of next week, so be sure to enter!  :)

I like how well it appears to capture the "8-bit nostalgic throwback" that it strives for. The screen shots clearly reminded me of Bionic Commando, Metal Gear, Double Dragon, Icari Warriors, and one of the pictures showed gameplay that looked like the fortress levels of Contra. The CRT tv frame for a border adds to the nostalgia. I grew up playing NES on a CRT which would randomly lose all colors except green until we hit it right to get the red and blue to come back. Nostalgia is definitely what I felt when looking at the pictures.

sorry for the odd quote. I was having trouble posting when I tried to reply directly with the "quote" button.

Last edited by a moderator:

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I think what looks best about the game is the retro look it has and how it makes so many references to movies,Tv Shows,and video games.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I love the retro feel to it. I remember playing TMNT on the NES and for some reason this game has the same view to it. (I even saw some screen shots when you actually see the turtles). Also like all the guys above me have said, all those retro references from movies, games and tv shows are a really important part of this game. Being able to drive the time traveling delorean from back the future is just awesome.

And those are some of the few things that I found, I can't imagine all the cool things that you can do in the game. Thanks for the contest!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

Thanks for the Giveaway.
The Retro Art Style Looks nice.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

The things that look best to me about the game is the nostalgia factor and the soundtrack.

BAAAM!! Rampage it's a great saga! i played since 1990! I wanna remember "old times", eat people, destroy things, u know family bussiness :D. Thx for chance

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

What's best about this game is that it took 10 years, but we finally got to play Grand Theftendo!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

i like all the good things that i have read about the game and i like the fact it can be played on vita also

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I think the old-school graphics look great in this game, I can't wait to try it!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

This game was so amazing. I wish more companies would do 8-bit. It was certainly just like GTA 4.5, and it was funny, and so many nostalgia buidlings and chracters. Hope we get #2! Maybe 16 bit style for SNeS throwboack

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

It's not really what looks best, for me, but the soundtrack. It's really a standout in the style.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

The Music it reminds me of my childhood. :)

I've heard a lot of good things about this game and I love retro style games.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I like the GTA style and the NES graphics.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

i myself just like to

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

i myself just like to play game and thanks for the contest

play game and thanks for the contest

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

i think it looks good the way it is i mean i have played it before i have it on my ps3 and ps vita i bought it during the christmas sale on dec, 24 last year and i made a good purchase and tell your friend thank you for making a good game

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

What looks best about this game is the run and gun style of GTA, mixed in with the humor of Saints Row, and thrown together from 8bit graphics from the NES era. It's a gamers nostalgic dream come true. It's something I'm sure that all 80-90's kids would have dreamt of having for their NES back in the good ol' days.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I want to win it and I never played it before. :) I also like the GTA classic a lot.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

Played the demo. Loved the retro music.

Thanks for the chance.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I like the visual style and I here it has lots of references to great games we all loved.

Bonus: If you are picked as a winner, and have also liked *this* post, you will get a download of the soundtrack as well.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

The game seems to be a work of passion. Quality design, music, and gameplay all around. A game in this day and age that focuses on GAMEPLAY, instead of following some by-the-numbers metric.

*edit* Also, will add that I love top-down shooters like GTA1/2, Smash TV, Commando etc....and RCR certainly scratches that itch (the demo did, at least!).

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

You run over dudes in a Delorean. 'nuff said.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

haven't played it but i have seen the graphical filters and i really like that detail

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

I liked massive amount of references to other games (easter eggs).

The graphics! That 8 bit style is so cool :D (and makes me feel so old :'D )

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

It reminds me about old school game I used to play as a kid.

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

Lots of classic style game play, with some familiar looking characters!

1) Like this post

2) Quote this post

ol' skewl!

Congratulations to the winners - Darklurkr23 and bluevafe! You will be receiving your game tokens soon. I will be doing another giveaway within the next few days!

bread's done
Back