- - - - -

Watch Dogs and The Crew Delayed Until 2014

#1 zyk   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:47 PM

Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogs and The Crew have been delayed. Both titles were previously set for Ubisoft’s current fiscal year (which ends on March 31, 2014) but will now be released in the following fiscal year instead.

In a conference call this morning, Ubisoft said it expects Watch Dogs to be released in the first quarter of its fiscal year (between April 1 and June 30, 2014) and The Crew to be released in the second quarter (between July 1 and September 30, 2014).

http://www.ign.com/a...90ee2424e00001c

#2 MushaOne   etc. and so forth... CAGiversary!   3632 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Terrible news. Luckily I am getting the XBox One so I will still have one good game to play; Peggle 2!!!

I doubt this delay will be a franchise killer, but I know myself and many others were only really planning to buy it because of the terrible launch line up for the new generation consoles. Come Spring there will likely be a lot more competition with games people want to play a lot more than this. I likely wont bother with it now until its sub $20. So good news is it will save me some cash :D

#3 jkam   Smash It Up CAGiversary!   9636 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:21 PM

Awesome! So we get more news and trailers and ads for Watch Dogs.

In case you guys didn't already know:

Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 4, Watchdogs.

Seriously though if it makes for a better game than that is a good thing.

jkam2.png

Quitter (My Band)    -    Trade List    -    Join Bing Rewards

#4 iamsmart   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1012 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Certainly took them a while to make the announcement... this is kinda like when last year's GI Joe movie got delayed by half a year just a few weeks before it was set to come out in theatres.

It looks like Wombat and Co. are already saying on the Twitter feed what I was thinking when I read about this: Ubisoft is probably concerned with Watch Dogs and ACIV cannibalizing one another: they are very similar games and are releasing less than a month apart... I'm thinking this is a delay for strategic positiioning purposes, not for quality issues.

Still, it seemed like alot of gamers were looking forward to Watch Dogs as a next-gen launch title... I wonder how this affects people's attachment to their Xbone/PS4 preorders.

#5 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   3779 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago   Has been playing Destiny
PS4

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Wasnt really planning to get at launch for my ps4 (battlefield 4 and fifa will take up all my gaming time for a while) but was looking forward to the game and getting it on sale at some point, just means I wont get it for a long time now.

The gameplay videos for the game look great, hopefully it turns out well.

Cag user deidara likes to weasel his way into free review codes for games that he then sells on here. He never reviews the games.

http://dan-adelman.c...-with-a-scammer

kilik123.png

#6 kickrockz713   Oh don't do it CAGiversary!   7172 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked
Wii

kickrockz713

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

Im pretty happy ot got delayed. I don't have to buy it for $60 now and then fork over $10 to upgrade to Xbox One.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png764128.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Too much to post   :ps4: TBD    :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Uncharted   :3ds: Nada   :vita: Nada

#7 SnoT   Twat Twat? CAGiversary!   473 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I wasn't planning on getting an XboxOne, but now I'm thinking I'm going to cancel my Ps4 pre-order or just sell it once i get it. Only games I was even actually interested in where Watch Dogs, and The Order, which are both now 2014 games. Guess I'll get a holiday bundle next year.

SnoT8282.png

#8 kickrockz713   Oh don't do it CAGiversary!   7172 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Food Network: Cook or Be Cooked
Wii

kickrockz713

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

I wasn't planning on getting an XboxOne, but now I'm thinking I'm going to cancel my Ps4 pre-order or just sell it once i get it. Only games I was even actually interested in where Watch Dogs, and The Order, which are both now 2014 games. Guess I'll get a holiday bundle next year.

I'd try to sell it. That first month of release, you're looking at about $700 for that PS4. Will be sold out and people will pay that or more for a PS4.

rsz_3james_harden_jh.png764128.pngrsz_jj_watt_texans_2012.jpg

Playing: :xb1: Too much to post   :ps4: TBD    :wiiu: Nada   :360: Nada    :ps3: Uncharted   :3ds: Nada   :vita: Nada

#9 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Great looks like I'll be playing a lot of Killzone.

Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#10 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4475 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:43 PM

lol wow.  Ubisoft should have known they couldn't market and release several AAA games around the same time.

Selling brand new Majora's Mask New 3DS XL for about $239-$247 shipped

Can pickup for cost+fees+ship: Official Gamecube Adapter for Wii U; DK/Yoshi (SSB) amiibo; Toad amiibo

Can pickup Nintendo merch (shirts, plushes, Japan import stuff, etc) from Nintendo World Store in NYC with shopping bag.  PM inquiries!

#11 samaside  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Great looks like I'll be playing a lot of Killzone.

I know right? Guess I'll be powering through the Killzone Trilogy after work this month...

The Order was always a 'launch window' title and never an actual 2013 launch title. What sucks is that Watchdogs doesn't even get that distinction any more because it's been delayed so long.

#12 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 15 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

Terrible news. Luckily I am getting the XBox One so I will still have one good game to play; Peggle 2!!!

I doubt this delay will be a franchise killer, but I know myself and many others were only really planning to buy it because of the terrible launch line up for the new generation consoles. Come Spring there will likely be a lot more competition with games people want to play a lot more than this. I likely wont bother with it now until its sub $20. So good news is it will save me some cash :D

Not really, next year is looking weaker than this year for the first half at least. It's a transition year into two new consoles. In fact Wii U is looking like it will have to strongest lineup by far next year so far. I see Watch Dogs selling like crazy next Spring.

#13 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2303 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I was really looking forward to watch dogs. Really disappointed to see it delayed. :(

#14 Kazaganthi   Blue Rogue CAGiversary!   1947 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

What is The Crew? I seriously didn't know about it.

As for Watch Dogs, it looks like they're doing it clearly so the (new) annual series doesn't collide with Assassin's Creed.

#15 zyk   Has been playing Dying Light
PS4

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

What is The Crew? I seriously didn't know about it.

As for Watch Dogs, it looks like they're doing it clearly so the (new) annual series doesn't collide with Assassin's Creed.

Its an open world racing game that lets you team up with people online to race and do missions and stuff. 

#16 Kingrodedog   Wants to watch the world burn... CAGiversary!   380 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Kingrodedog

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

I'm ok with this, my wallet was already screaming bloody murder thanks to the Xbox One and two launch titles.

KingRodedog.jpg
KingRodedog.png
1st Xbox: 01/25/09-11/24/10(DVD Fail)
2nd Xbox: 12/23/10-??/??/??

60,000GS: 04/09/13

#17 KillerRamen   OMG Lilac PSP! CAGiversary!   3274 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Well, it's a new IP Ubisoft was marketing as their next big franchise. They were also releasing it on 6 platforms, so to me it looks like the game just wasn't up to that standard. Either way, it's not a huge deal for me. I'm hoping not to have a huge backlog on my Playstation 4, so this kinda helps in a weird way.

Posted Image

#18 Ryuukishi   Come with me if you want to not die CAGiversary!   9934 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
XONE

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Its an open world racing game that lets you team up with people online to race and do missions and stuff. 

Heh, I got this far into the thread before I realized that "The Crew" was not the same thing as "The Division." :lol:

Anyway, yeah, this seems like it's purely about not having Assassin's Creed IV and Watch Dogs compete with each other.

Ryuukishi634.png f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#19 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11992 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

lol, ubisoft's stock went crashing due to news of the delay of watch dogs

#20 kill3r7   MiNd ThE GaP CAGiversary!   4376 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

lol, ubisoft's stock went crashing due to news of the delay of watch dogs

The fact that a simple 6 month delay causes a 25% stock drop is cause for concern. It is indicative of how poorly the gaming industry is understood by outsiders/investors. This is the reason why we get unfinished, bug ridden games and why companies are apprehensive to invest in new IPs. 

Xecutioner
CML

#21 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11499 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

It looks like Wombat and Co. are already saying on the Twitter feed what I was thinking when I read about this: Ubisoft is probably concerned with Watch Dogs and ACIV cannibalizing one another: they are very similar games and are releasing less than a month apart... I'm thinking this is a delay for strategic positiioning purposes, not for quality issues.

Still, it seemed like alot of gamers were looking forward to Watch Dogs as a next-gen launch title... I wonder how this affects people's attachment to their Xbone/PS4 preorders.

It's funny you mention that because I'm tired of AC and was looking forward to WD as my go-to game for PS4 launch.  Now that it is delayed and our 'free' Drive Club game is 2014, I'm left with a franchise so milked to death it makes COD blush as my sole PS4 game.  And now with the GS ad leak it reminds me that Ubisoft games tank in price for BF so hard it's hardly worth buying just two weeks prior on PS4 when PS3 will be $30-ish.  I want to support Sony on this, but Fuck -- they're giving me nothing to work with here. : \

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#22 jrdnlc  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

This sucks. Now time to decide if I should cancel my pre-order  :boxing:

#23 ludus   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   472 Posts   Joined 1.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:22 PM

Hey, I'm always for developers to make sure their games are ready for release. I know as a gamer, I hate waiting extra long for a game to come out, but I would rather wait for a perfect game, rather than a game that isn't all that perfect. 

I'm not to bugged about it though. Watch Dogs and The Crew weren't really a day one purchase for me anyways, I will eventually get them both though. 

LeaptradeForumSignature.jpg

#24 opterasis   Bullhonkery! CAGiversary!   2212 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:02 AM

Guess I'll cancel my preorder and put the money on the Legos Marvel game, no sense in having Gamestop credit tied up like that for another half a year.

My Bluray owned list

http://www.points2sh...p?ref=opterasis

What I've gotten free from points2shop *updated* 1/16/12!
Spoiler