Time & Eternity $29.99 at Amazon .

Pretty much every RPG fan that I trust, and has played this, called it one of the worst RPGs they've ever played.

Sometimes I wonder how such horrible JRPGs get released in the US.
it sounded interesting, at first. an anime style jrpg? that's why I bought it. (also because NISA licensed it,and it was a LE)

I'm betting that it won't take time and eternity for this game to reach the sub $10 mark.
i'd say a few years. the only niche game that I know of, thats $10 (at gamestop) is the old versions of blaz blue. i think atelier rorona is... $20?

it may be terrible..but $10 terrible? I don't see it reaching $10 for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: I can wait for the holiday sales. $30 at the end of October is just like dipping your testicles in ice when a few weeks later the price plunges

Last edited by a moderator:
It is neither bad nor good, it is simply an average game with a very modest budget.  I was okay with it, but I love the genre.

I'm not a huge JRPG fan (my "fandom" pretty much extends to FF XIII/XIII-2 and the ps3 Atelier games), but I actually loved Time and Eternity.  The story and dialog made me laugh, I dug the look and vibe of it, and I actually didn't mind the battle system and mechanics.  Sure, there are a lot of fetch-quest style side quests (which I finished 100%)...but I, personally, didn't really mind that, either.

I'd say that anyone on the fence should at least check out some gameplay videos or give it a try instead of just reading all of the negativity towards it and bailing.  I'm glad I gave it a shot and didn't listen to reviews...although that's frequently the case.

Guess it was easier to get yourself to buy if you got the CE. Then again I havent touched it yet lol, the poster is nice though along with the artbook

I'm not a huge JRPG fan (my "fandom" pretty much extends to FF XIII/XIII-2 and the ps3 Atelier games), but I actually loved Time and Eternity. The story and dialog made me laugh, I dug the look and vibe of it, and I actually didn't mind the battle system and mechanics. Sure, there are a lot of fetch-quest style side quests (which I finished 100%)...but I, personally, didn't really mind that, either.

I'd say that anyone on the fence should at least check out some gameplay videos or give it a try instead of just reading all of the negativity towards it and bailing. I'm glad I gave it a shot and didn't listen to reviews...although that's frequently the case.
that's literally what made me decide not to buy it

His video in which he believes that Lords of Shadow is like the Castlevania games made me think that he has no idea what he's posting and I therefore decided not to buy this game.

I'm not a huge JRPG fan (my "fandom" pretty much extends to FF XIII/XIII-2 and the ps3 Atelier games), but I actually loved Time and Eternity. The story and dialog made me laugh, I dug the look and vibe of it, and I actually didn't mind the battle system and mechanics. Sure, there are a lot of fetch-quest style side quests (which I finished 100%)...but I, personally, didn't really mind that, either.

I'd say that anyone on the fence should at least check out some gameplay videos or give it a try instead of just reading all of the negativity towards it and bailing. I'm glad I gave it a shot and didn't listen to reviews...although that's frequently the case.
I am a huge JRPG fan. (at least tired every JRPG game released in the US from the PS2 era to present) While its not a great game, it was at least interesting. Expecting a bad game from the reviews probably skewed my expectation but, I did find the game enjoyable.

This game is he game that' school to hate on right now. You're wrong if you don't follow the crowd and say it's awful. Wrong and a jerk.
That's kind of only applicable if it's something that's popular... not something universally loathed. (Even then, popularity does not always mean quality.)

It is awful. It basically epitomizes every problem prevalent in Japanese games (or media in general).

Lol...seriously...can we tone down the negativity here?  It's a price drop on a game.  A game some people like and some people don't (it's not universally loathed nor universally liked).  There's no need to get angry with people for not sharing your opinion, whatever it may be...nor is there any need for any kind of mob mentality. 

In my earlier post, I was basically saying I liked it and encouraging people to check it out and make up their own minds.  If you don't like it, that's cool.  If you do like it, that's cool, too.  I've loved games other people have disliked...and I've disliked games other people called their game of the year.  It's called individuality.

No need to call people trolls for their opinions.  No need to act like your opinion is everyone's objective universal view, and anyone who disagrees is some outsider who doesn't get it.  No need to make anyone feel like they're wrong if they buy it...or wrong if they aren't interested in what they see and don't buy it. 

It's just a niche game that some people like and some people don't.  That's now $29.99.  And that's about it.

*waits to get flamed for making sense*

I actually really was enticed by the trailer (except the stupid narrator guy). I even jokingly said "this game is why I need a PS3". I love the story concept, and the battle system looked like it had potential....it's a shame it fell so flat and I'm saddened NiS decided to bother with it.

And to think some people actually like this POS.
Oh, wow. I didn't know you were a member here, Dark_Sage. I love your blog, dude.

Also, no matter how bad something is, it's always somebody's favorite game. It can be the worst game you've ever played, but if you state that, there's always someone who just has to tell you that they not only thinks that it's fantastic, but that it's one of their favorites of this console generation.

bread's done
Back