Buying UPlay Game from GameFly Client

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Does anyone have experience buying a UPlay game (such as Assassin's Creed IV) from GameFly? If so, do they just give you a key to input directly into UPlay (like Amazon does), or do you have to launch the game via GameFly (like Steam does)?

I want to take advantage of the AC IV deal going on, but I won't do it, if the game has to launch via the GameFly client. I just want the key to go directly to UPlay so I can open UPlay and launch the game directly from there after "registration."

Thanks!

I just chatted with a rep from GameFly who said they give UPlay keys. That's what I want, so I hope he's correct. I still welcome any personal experiences from others, though!

I also bought FC3 from Uplay, and they just give you a key. You enter it like steam and you just download from the client. Unlike steam, there was an installer and temp files you can either back up for re-install later or delete.

Whats funny is now, my steam ubi games show up in Uplay marked "steam" version and FC3 does not. 

Just a note -- and I have no idea what they're selling AC4 at on Gamefly -- but Nvidia is going to kick off a promo this week where they give AC4 free with GPU purchases so you might see people here selling codes for less than what you'd pay from an online retailer.

bread's done
Back