PS3/PSN - Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - Out Now - $29.99 w/Quest for Booty - Epilogue to the Future Trilogy with Classic Ratchet Gameplay!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)

Announcement

Since completing the Ratchet & Clank Future saga (Tools of Destruction, Quest For Booty, and A Crack in Time) we’ve had a really amazing time expanding the universe of our intergalactic heroes. From creating the first four-player co-op Ratchet & Clank experience for the whole family to enjoy with All 4 One, to returning with the first all-new R&C competitive mode in Full Frontal Assault, we’ve challenged ourselves to bring new types of play to the Ratchet series.

At the same time, we love single-player Ratchet adventures. We’ve continued to generate new ideas for weapons, gadgets, and planets. It feels like the time is right to revisit Ratchet’s personal story arc.

We’re excited to announce that Ratchet and Clank are returning this year with an all new original single-player epilogue to the Future games. Under the creative direction of Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time creative director Brian Allgeier, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is a story-driven platform adventure, with the humor and heart that make the franchise so beloved.

As you can see from the trailer, Into the Nexus has a bunch of crazy new weapons and gadgets. Gravity is one of the themes of Into the Nexus: you’ll experience zero-g space, you’ll use gravity-defying new gadgets, and you’ll manipulate gravity to solve brand new Clank puzzles.

The game will be available exclusively on PS3 this holiday, in stores and on PlayStation Network for an MSRP of $29.99. It’s our biggest downloadable Ratchet & Clank game yet, dwarfing the size of both Quest For Booty and Full Frontal Assault. We’ll be bringing you more news soon – and for exclusive preview coverage of the game be sure to check out IGN’s preview and initial thoughts.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/10/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-coming-to-ps3-this-holiday/

Pre-order Bonuses

Ratchet’s Volcanox Armor, available as a pre-order bonus at participating retailers, is inspired by Gadgetron’s popular Infernox Armor. This lightweight, durable suit is for the fashion-conscious adventurer. Besides granting a 5% damage-reduction, it also all but guarantees “Best-Dressed” awards at high-school reunions.

Additionally, if you pre-order via Amazon.com, you’ll score a huge package of R&C-themed content for PlayStation Home – a value of roughly $30.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-hits-ps3-november-12th/

Quest for Booty

To sweeten the deal even more, we’re including a voucher code good for a download of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest For Booty, our first downloadable game from the Future saga. The voucher will be inside physical copies of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.

If you missed that adventure, you’ll be able to check it out. For those of you who’ve played it a dozen times already, you can give the voucher to a friend who hasn’t and introduce them to gaming’s greatest intergalactic duo.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/16/buy-ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-get-quest-for-booty/

Videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X2M7USGkgM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhcDDemkKaQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBcFGnObNlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUZeysfzG7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSl3Qv1Pfzw

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to like the franchise. The only RaC game I played was 'A Quest for Booty' along time ago... and was that a good idea of how a normal RaC game plays? Because it's the only game that felt hollow, like I could feel the character models had nothing in them (I know how weird that sounds) plus talking to NPCs was just a boring throwback to Spyro on PS1.

I was new to R&C this gen.  Quest for Booty was terrible.  Tools of Destruction and Crack in Time are amazing games though.

I want to like the franchise. The only RaC game I played was 'A Quest for Booty' along time ago... and was that a good idea of how a normal RaC game plays? Because it's the only game that felt hollow, like I could feel the character models had nothing in them (I know how weird that sounds) plus talking to NPCs was just a boring throwback to Spyro on PS1.
Quest for Booty is easily the lightest of the core games in the series in terms of gameplay and story and it's not a good example of what the other games have to offer. I'd suggest checking out either Tools of Destruction or A Crack in Time if you want to see if you're into the series at all.

I enjoyed Quest for Booty coming off of Tools of Destruction, as I wanted some more Ratchet & Clank gameplay in a bite-sized package. Into the Nexus seems like it'll do a better job of being that smaller Ratchet & Clank experience between big entries in the series.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/31/new-ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-trailer-unveiled-before-the-nexus-app-detailed/

New trailer and mobile game announced:

Hey everyone,

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is coming your way in just a short couple of weeks. The game is an epilogue to the Future series, and is available on the PS Store for a price of $29.99 on November 12th. It’ll also be available on a blu-ray disc at retail.

Ratchet is always known for great weapons. To give you a sampling of some of the new and fan-favorite weapons in Into the Nexus, we put together this video showcasing them. You can select which weapons you want to check out from this “youtube weapon wheel” and then see Ratchet using them in Into the Nexus’ Arena level.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBx7g6pmwPE

In the video, you’ll get to see Mr. Zurkon, who upgrades to bring along his family members (who also have all their own dialog). The Classic Ratchet & Clank morph weapon returns as the Winterzier, a weapon that spreads holiday cheer with holiday music and presents, turning enemies into snowmen that vary by enemy. The game’s “spooky” theme plays out with three weapons in the video, including the Nether Beast, Nether Blades, and Nightmare Box – which throws out a creepy device to scare your enemies.

Here’s some info on Before the Nexus, the mobile app that syncs up with Into the Nexus, from Senior Producer Greg Philips:

Ratchet & Clank: Before the Nexus brings the excitement of infinite running to R&C. You can hop between grindrails while avoiding hazards to collect bolts which can be used to upgrade your weapons and armor. Better yet, you can score Raritanium which you can sync with your PlayStation Network account and use to upgrade your weapons in the PS3 game, Into the Nexus.

Here are some screenshots from the app.

We’re also planning a PlayStation Livestream in the coming weeks to give you a chance to check out the game, and have your questions answered by Creative Director Brian Allgeier. Stay tuned for news on that soon.

That’s all for now; we look forward to you checking out Into the Nexus soon!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/05/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-livestream-wednesday-at-1100am-pt/

There will be a livestream tomorrow for those that want to see it in action early:

Join us on Wednesday, November 6th at 11:00 AM PT for a Ratchet & Clank livestream event on Twitch TV, featuring the epilogue to the Future series, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.

Insomniac Games Creative Director Brian Allgeier will be showing off Into the Nexus and showcasing arena mode for the first time. Tune in, ask questions, and participate for a chance to win a full digital version of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, available November 12th for PS3!

Pre-ordering will win you Ratchet’s Volcanox Armor. Inspired by Gadgetron’s popular Infernox Armor, this lightweight, durable suit is for the fashion-conscious adventurer. Besides granting a 5% damage reduction, it also all but guarantees “Best-Dressed” awards at high school reunions.

Should be getting ToD and ACiT this week - already got FFA. Getting burnt out on AAA-FPS games.

The smartphone/tablet game looks fun for an endless runner. Hopefully my Gingerbread phone can run it.

Edit: Welp, I'm getting motion sickness - 60fps is too high. Can't play anymore, at least FFA is 30. Selling ToD/AciT (CML).

Bumping this up since the game is out now. The PSN version has the added bonus of also including Quest for Booty if you didn't already own it.

I've played a bit of it so far and I'm liking it a lot, though the [customspoiler='Early Game Spoilers']death of Cronk and Zephyr was quite a shock and sad moment that I guess may be a metaphor for Insomniac's new multiplatform development strategy.[/customspoiler]

I've played more of the first planet and I'm liking it a lot. If you were worried that this wouldn't be a classic Ratchet game, then you'll be relieved to hear that it is just that. I obsessed with breaking everything possible to get all of the bolts I could get, but the radius for bolt suction is a bit smaller than I'd like. I kind of have to sweep around the area more carefully to make sure I collect all of the bolts that are dropped. The weapons now have upgrade trees in the shop that you spend your raritanium on, so you unlock these bonuses on a grid with some secret spots that require purchasing the surrounding spots to unlock them.

They have two new mechanics with the gravity jump and the gravity beam. The jump shows up in the intro sequence as you're on Ratchet's ship with no gravity and have to walk on these special magnetic platforms that requires you to aim with your cursor at platforms that you want to float over there, but that's the only spot for that so far. The gravity beam is a major mechanic, which requires you to aim at these special targets in order of where you want the gravity to go, press circle on them, and jump into the beam to float across big gaps to other areas. It's sort of like the gravity beams in Portal 2.

Isn't there usually a later upgrade which expands the collection radius?

Sounds good I'll have to pick it up next time it is on sale digital, particularly if Quest for Booty is a permanent inclusion.

Just picked it up tonight and can't wait to start it. The digital version has a Booty code as well. I already had it but it's a nice bonus.

Just noticed the trophy list indicates ps3 & Vita. Think that's a typo or an unannounced port? I'm cool with that as long as it's not like FFA.

I played/beat the game and was right at the end of the game (fighting the final boss) when the UPS man brought me my PS4. I'm glad to see Insomniac returning to the classic R&C formula, but the game was far too short. Sure, it's only $29.99, but I would have preferred to have waited longer and paid more for a more complete game. It's good, don't get me wrong, but I expected a little more.

My opinion: 7.5/10 (Coming from a HUGE fan of the series)

bread's done
Back