$20 off Nintendo 2DS from Fry's starting 10/22 with promo code

mitch079

CAGiversary!
Saw this on their Facebook page if you already haven't done this and have a Fry's in your area

Fry's Electronics
SIGN UP AND SAVE! Sign up to receive 5 exclusive in-store promo code offers including $20 off this Nintendo 2DS system! Sign up athttp://bit.ly/frys-promo-codes

*Promo codes are limited and sign-up period ends 3:00 PM (PDT) Monday, October 21, 2013. Promo codes will be sent by 11:00 PM (PDT) on Monday, October 21st to the email address entered on the sign-up page. All promo codes are good in-store only starting Tuesday, October 22, 2013 and not available for online purchases. http://bit.ly/frys-promo-codes

Last edited by a moderator:
So you have to sign up every week to receive promo codes? This is the first time I've seen this signup page.

Oh and I never received a Kingdom Hearts promo code after subscribing to their daily email...

Just a heads up, while the 2DS is fantastic having dead pixels in the screen seems common, I went through 5 before I found one without dead pixels.

Just a heads up, while the 2DS is fantastic having dead pixels in the screen seems common, I went through 5 before I found one without dead pixels.
Thanks for the heads up. I was just about ready to buy one but now I'll wait a couple of months for the production issues to work themselves out. I don't really need one anyway, I was just doing it to see how it feels and support the big N. If it fails it'll be a cool novelty system like the micro was.

Can someone please be kind to PM me a spare code if you are not using? Thanks in advance
smile.gif

I'll throw in a request for a code as well. If anyone has one they won't be using, please PM me, thanks!

If anyone has a spare code I'd greatly appreciate it as well.

Edit: Thanks, rococo!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a promo code thanks to the super awesome rococo, and I got a Fry's badstory to boot!

First, I went to the City of Industry Fry's since it was pretty close to the El Monte Sears Outlet which was giving away free clothes. Looking at the gaming shelves, I could quickly tell that there were no 2DS's readily available. Customer support was there at a nearby desk, so I asked them to look up the stock.

CS: "Hmm... our system shows that 1 is sold but 1 is still available. Let me look around for it."

After a short 5 minute wait, the CS rep returns with the bad news.

CS: "Sorry sir, the 1 we haven't sold is being held for another customer. We can't offer rainchecks on promo codes."

Being a savvy CAG shopper, I requested that the CS rep check for stores that still have it in stock and to put one on hold for me.

CS: "We have a 2DS Blue on hold for you at the Burbank store."

Thanking him for his help, I drove over to Burbank.

Burbank CS: "Sorry there was a miscommunication. What we said is that we didn't have any in stock for sale as they're all on hold for other customers."

I was devastated. My trip and futile efforts would have been for nothing.

Burbank CS: "But we do have 2DS Red."

hot%2168.gif

And then the promo code didn't work and the manager had to do some override thing. But eventually I ended up with a 2DS Red, ready for the new Phoenix Wright release in 2 days.

Thanks again rococo!

I never got a code for this despite signing up. Wonder if they black listed me or something
Depends when you signed up, if it was after you read about the deal in this thread, it was probably already too late.

Same thing happened in the Kingdom Hearts thread, but you should be good for the next deal.

Depends when you signed up, if it was after you read about the deal in this thread, it was probably already too late.

Same thing happened in the Kingdom Hearts thread, but you should be good for the next deal.
I signed up after that Kingdom Hearts deal was posted, which was well over a few weeks ago

bread's done
Back