When do you guys expect to see the first deals for PS4?

FISSIONMAILEDGF

CAGiversary!
I've been with CAG for a while, but not long enough back to see the last console launches of 360, Wii and PS3. So my question is: When do you guys expect to see any sort of temporary deals (Not an official price drop by Sony of course, I don't expect to see that for at least 2 years or more most likely) on PS4s' price by stores like Target or Best Buy or even online places like Amazon?

The reason I ask is because I was planning on getting a PS4 at launch with Watch Dogs (I currently still have a pre order), but since Watch Dogs was delayed and it was the only launch title I was really excited for, I'm considering cancelling it and getting one in February for inFamous: Second Son which is the first PS4 exclusive I'm super hyped for. But then the question is: is it even worth cancelling it? I'm pretty sure by next February in 2014 it'll be easy enough to just find a PS4 anywhere, but then the only reason in my eyes to cancel it would be potential launch defects which would most likely stay with the system in February and an extended warranty. Or, a slight saving in price of the PS4 (perhaps an inFamous bundle or some minor price deal) but my question to you guys is how likely do you see that happening? Would you guys recommend even cancelling the pre order if I plan to just get it in Feb anyway? Thanks! :)

there isnt going to be any type of deal or price cut 3 months into launch. thats ridiculous. only way you MIGHT save money is if you ebay or craigslist it.

It is possible to see a bundle of some sort in 2014, but that would be the best case scenario for a deal on the hardware.

Infamous bundle probably much like the MGS4.  about the only thing I can see no other BIG games announced for early next year "maybe"  Metal gear PS4 but with it being on XBone I am doubtful.

I don't think you'll see any type of deal or even gift card offer because these will sell well just at MSRP. You might be able to find a coupon that applies at a store like Kmart. I get lots of spend "X" earn "Y in points" offers that historically work on hardware. Sometimes I even get ones that are earn 20% on your next purchase.

Ah thanks for all your responses guys much appreciated! I think I'll just get one in February, longer warranty that way too haha

bread's done
Back