Get a Master System Adapter for $18 w/ Purchase of Retron 5 @ StoneAgeGamer

KillerRamen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
The Retron 5 is compatible with the Power Base Converter to play Master System games, but those things are really expensive and pretty hard to come by. Stone Age Gamer is making a 3rd Party Master System converter that will let you play Master System games (non-card games) on the Retron 5 for $18. They normally sell the converter by itself for $30.

IMG_1142.jpg

http://www.stoneagegamer.com/retron5.html

You know because NES, Famicom, SNES, Super Famicom, Genesis, Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance are not enough.

Worth canceling my Amazon Preorder?

Edit: Also, you might want to add that they charge immediately for the preorder.

22 dollar shipping for me which definitely means a no go. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ups Ground was a cheaper option for me but how do we know the converter is going to work?
Third party and First Power Base Mini Converters do exist. There are not many of them around (the first party mini converter never came to the USA), but they did make them. It's not like there's much to them aside from being a Genesis cart that accepts Master System carts on the top. Stone Age Gamer also guarantees that it will work, so I presume it should.

At least you didn't choose Odyssey 2 over Atari 2600 or Mattel Intellivision. I had a friend who did that... LOL

(I was lucky because I had both 2600 and Intellivision. :) )

LOL...me too. What a stupid kid I was. Damn you Phatasy Star!
Yeah, but Phatasy Star was pretty damn amazing though. :) I can't remeber, but wasn't it something like $70 MSRP when it was released?

Yeah, but Phatasy Star was pretty damn amazing though. :) I can't remeber, but wasn't it something like $70 MSRP when it was released?
It was... I remember getting it for christmas one year too... but I got my $70 worth out of it for sure...

bread's done
Back