WWE 2K14

ludus

CAGiversary!
When THQ went out a business recently, we didn't know what would happen to the WWE franchise of games, well, the rights were purchased by 2K and now we're getting the first from them. WWE 2K14 of course was close to completion before they had to close shop. 

I've watched some trailers for the game, and I'm afraid it's going to be bad. The graphics are awful, almost like PS2 graphics. I know graphics do not make a game, but bad graphics could be a sign of a poor game, and that's what I worry about. I enjoyed the past two WWE games by THQ, but I fear 2K didn't do much with this game as it just doesn't look finished. 

Here are some trailers for you to look at: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99l1aGJCtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-DJwgjlous

I'm probably just paranoid and worry too much, but I just hope the gameplay is good, because I fear it's going to be bad. 

Discuss. 

There may be a new publisher, but the game is still developed by Yuke's... I can't imagine they were forced to make any changes to the engine, assets, etc. that they already had in place for WWE13 or any other previous entries.

As much as I hate myself for it, I preordered the game from Amazon today. I just can't pass up what may be my favorite roster out of any of the post-Nintendo 64 games. I even love the DLC wrestlers that are coming in the next few months.

I still really want the game, as I really want to play the 30 years of wrestlemania mode. I grew up in the attitude era, so I'm really excited to relive that in gaming fashion. 

I got the game from Amazon yesterday, but didn't play it until today. I downloaded the Ultimate Warrior preorder bonus and used him in my first match to squash Jinder Mahal. It was awesome. The game already plays a lot better than WWE 13, and I haven't even started the 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode or my Universe.

I loved WWE13, but I may get this game eventually. I'll wait for some of the people who do awesome work with the content creator to start uploading the vast majority of the characters I like, seeing as I feel the roster for this game is meh. 

bread's done
Back