$0.49 PC games in-store at GameStop: SF IV vanilla, Dawn of War II, Bionic Commando

deadtrees

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Street Fighter IV for PC
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II for PC
Bionic Commando for PC
F.E.A.R. : Extraction Point Expansion Pack
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War - Winter Assault Expansion
Lemony Snicket: A Series Of Unfortunate Events for PC

The catch is that the first three games SF IV and DoW II are tied to Games for Windows Live, so it's likely possible that they'll be unplayable without cracks after July 1, 2014.

None of these have keys that can be used on Steam Dawn of War II's keys can (read: must) be used with Steam. The others can't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow, could someone please get a couple of those Bionic Commando games for me? I have it on Steam but this includes a couple of patches and I collect stuff like that. There aren't any in stock in any store near me. :(

There is no confirmation that they are shutting down GFWL next July.  Stop spreading rumors!

AoE Online is shutting down July 1, 2014.  Nothing else has been stated..

There is no confirmation that they are shutting down GFWL next July. Stop spreading rumors!

AoE Online is shutting down July 1, 2014. Nothing else has been stated..

With all of the companies starting to switch games off of the service, it is still highly likely to be happening, regardless of what has been officially stated.

Wow the only game on that list that I really want is Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War 2 and there are no gamestops anywhere here that have it. That is a crazy good price for a game I have been wanting to play for a long time now.

Does anyone have a copy of Lemony Snicket they don't want?

My store is bare of most old stuff.

Wow I didn't know GFWL is dying lame. I just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 both are GFWL... LAME!! Man talk about the industry really dropping the ball, I go out to buy the game legitimately now I won't be able to play it anymore. Yet someone who pirated it and didn't pay for it can play it forever.

Wow I didn't know GFWL is dying lame. I just bought Bioshock 1 and 2 both are GFWL... LAME!! Man talk about the industry really dropping the ball, I go out to buy the game legitimately now I won't be able to play it anymore. Yet someone who pirated it and didn't pay for it can play it forever.
Bioshock 2 has had GFWL removed from it on Steam.

Grouped by price, the $.49 - $1 PC games: (not including the 2000+ $.01 games that I don't have a list of)

$.49:

Bionic Commando

Fear Extraction Point

Lemony Snicket

Outlaw Chopper

Over the Hedge

Street Fighter 4/IV

Warhammer Dawn of War Winter Assault

Warhammer Dawn of War II

Wild Life

World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

$.99:

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

$1:

Call of Juarez Bundle

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record

Prince of Persia IO(?)

I picked up several copies of Bionic Commando today, but sadly none had the patches with them.

Ooh glad I saw this... Heading to my local gamestop to finish my re-hire paper work will have to grab some of these.. (Being put on the payroll just to get employee discount but never actually working any hah..)

Bioshock 1 was just a games for windows title not GFWL like Bioshock 2. Funny thing is Bioshock 1 has great controller support, while Bioshock 2 has no controller support.

Please chime in with your thoughts about this... I was thinking about GFWL and I do know we can use offline log-in. I was using offline log-in for Arkham City because it got caught in an endless update loop. Do you think that'll mean the games will still be playable offline after July 1st? Or is there online DRM that'll just make the games unplayable?

Also I have the Bionic Commando disc but what patch is everyone talking about? Does it make the game better or add content?

Please chime in with your thoughts about this... I was thinking about GFWL and I do know we can use offline log-in. I was using offline log-in for Arkham City because it got caught in an endless update loop. Do you think that'll mean the games will still be playable offline after July 1st? Or is there online DRM that'll just make the games unplayable?

Also I have the Bionic Commando disc but what patch is everyone talking about? Does it make the game better or add content?
It's a patch with the old Bionic Commando logo. It goes in jackets. It's super nifty.

And there's that debug mode patch for the game but that's not important.

Please chime in with your thoughts about this... I was thinking about GFWL and I do know we can use offline log-in. I was using offline log-in for Arkham City because it got caught in an endless update loop. Do you think that'll mean the games will still be playable offline after July 1st? Or is there online DRM that'll just make the games unplayable?
You know, that's a great question.

I'm curious what'll happen w/ the G4WL in-game tab, once it shuts down. Will the game even work offline? Will the game even boot? Or what?

I really think dev's and pub's should take it upon themselves to patch G4WL component out of their games and any sort of online-activation DRM, if their game used any.

Anybody who wants to install a G4WL-game after it's shut-down, especially on games using Microsoft's Server Side Authentication - this would be a complete problem and disaster.

Also, if a game used G4WL for saved-games - dev's/pub's or Microsoft really should fix that problem, too. Microsoft honestly should put out a tool that strips the G4WL crap from saves. The saved-games thing has been a problem for gamers w/ Batman: AA/AC & Bioshock 2. Gamers have had to mod and screw w/ the files quite a bit, just to try to get saves working on the G4WL-to-Steamworks transition.

For something as hardcore and as brutal as Dark Souls, I could see gamers going crazy if their characters get rendered useless b/c of G4WL handles saves (encrypting them) - especially if they've spend tons of hours w/ that character or if they finally beat a boss that was driving them bananas.

Grouped by price, the $.49 - $1 PC games: (not including the 2000+ $.01 games that I don't have a list of)

$.49:

Bionic Commando

Fear Extraction Point

Lemony Snicket

Outlaw Chopper

Over the Hedge

Street Fighter 4/IV

Warhammer Dawn of War Winter Assault

Warhammer Dawn of War II

Wild Life

World Soccer Winning Eleven 9

$.99:

Doom 3 Resurrection of Evil

$1:

Call of Juarez Bundle

Dead Rising 2 Off the Record

Prince of Persia IO(?)

I picked up several copies of Bionic Commando today, but sadly none had the patches with them.
I tried to search for the work steam for the ones I'm interested in but they didn't appear... Are they all only for windows live?

This was a nice filler for the trade 2. Thanks OP!!
Does this work for the filler trade 2?

No.  The rest are PC games.  PC games aren't either Steam or GFWL.  Shockingly, there are games that don't use a service like those!

I had completely forgotten that new games aren't really "new" at GS. Went to pick up Bionic Commando and SFIV and they both look like they've been through the mill. Not sure why anybody buys anything from there at full price smh.

No stores near me have them  :(

I never got mw2. so i wanted that. and warhammer 40k is a steal for $2.

bread's done
Back