Captain America: The Winter Soldier - (April Box Office Record)

The Falcon looks awesome and holy shit, so does Robert Redford!

The only thing the trailer really didn't show was Emily VanCamp as Sharon Carter/Agent 13. But that's OK. 

Movie looks pretty awesome.

yolo

1518665-bigthumbnail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Since announcing the title and story way back I always thought this would be the best Marvel studios sequel, and I thought Cap was the weakest first movie for a marvel character.

Are any marvel movies part of the MCU?

Isn't captain america 2 pretty much civil war without iron man? He doesn't like what shield is doing so he opposes them and fights them. You know like civil war.

I'm glad that the Winter Soldier is making his way to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! Hopefully it lasts long enough for Bucky to become Captain America! (Assuming they don't kill him off in this movie)

I don't know captain america well so whose the villain in this one?
The Winter Soldier, and probably Robert Redford's character are going to be the primary villains. Crossbones is in it, as well as Batroc the Leaper, but I doubt they have huge roles.

When you see the two shield guys talking around 25 seconds in, the one on the right.
Good catch.

Lot of people missed this Easter Egg on the trailer:

BROCK_CROSSBONES_FRANK-GRILLO_-590x245.jpg

Actor on the right is Frank Grillo. He's playing the SHIELD character Brock Rumlow who in the comics will eventually become Crossbones...

Crossbones-574x395.jpg

CB Spoiler:
In the comics, it was Crossbones who assisinates Steve Rogers, leading to a new Captain America.

Awesome trailer. The first Cap is one of my favorite Marvel movies, so looking forward to this one, though I don't like Widow's hair being so flat.

While the new costume looks cool, I was extremely happy to see the classic suit make an appearence near the end. fuck cheesiness, Cap's suit needs a giant star and red & white stripes.

Looks like one of the things that they highlight in the new trailer is much like Iron Man 2 did saying "Hey, Captain America has a partner this time!".  Since it seems they're not really hiding anymore that the Falcon is in the movie.

Got my tickets.. 8pm 3d rpx.  Holy Hell.  If it wasn't for the two regal passes I earned from their rewards system I would have paid nearly 40 bucks for this!  Instead I only paid 13.  I really wondering how this movie is going to change the Marvel universe going forward from what I read.  It looks like it impacts AOS as well.  

BTW, for those who haven't seen it, Screen Junkies recently released an Honest Trailer for the first film:

http://youtu.be/Ist0v3Xhqzk

Wikipedia spoiled the plot again. :whistle2:|

Now I am REALLY curious how this will affect AOS.
If you've read the comics, you should already have a vague idea of how the Winter Soldier story should go down. Nothing would surprise me at this point.

And AOS? You mean AOU (Age of Ultron)?

why would you wiki the movie?
And I was thinking the same.

I read something about the easter egg at the end of the movie, and I could only muster up a "meh".
Von Strucker, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch appear at the end

no Agents of Shield.   I read somewhere that CA2 will have an impact on how AoS moves forward. The show is mediocre at best.  The only thing that is keeping it alive is the marvel film series. 

I am glad this movie isn't going to have a stupid twist with the main villain like IM3, which made me leaving the theater saying WTF??!?!?

Has anyone noticed that Amazon has been kinda funny with their marvel movie soundtracks lately?  Either it's not showing up for a release date for the CD or the cd's are 19.99?  Avengers and Thor 2 were both 19.99 hmm...

trying to decide if this is worth driving an hour to see in IMAX or just the regular local theater. Hmm...
If a movie is in IMAX, I always try to see it in IMAX, especially for 3D. This one should be in IMAX for a couple of weeks, unlike Divergent, which was kicked out of IMAX at the local theater after its release week because of Noah. Next IMAX movie is Transcendent on 04/18, then Amazing Spiderman 2 on 05/02.

Thankfully, the nearest theater to me is the local IMAX theater.

Here we go again.  Unless the film was shot in with an IMAX camera, it's all upscaled and therefore you are paying for an upconvert. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_IMAX_DMR_films#2015

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMAX#IMAX_DMR_.28Digital_Media_Remastering.29

Movies that have that epic landscape/cityscape scene (on location NOT CG) are worth it.  Seriously do you really want to see an IMAX image of two people talking?  I found it weird that Nolan filmed a scene or two of TDKR in IMAX that involved no action and just people talking in a house. 

The way you can tell if it's an IMAX scene is if the image goes FULL Frame on the screen, while the rest of the movie does letterbox.  I have seen enough movies in standard frame and IMAX to know what to look out for. 

I am curious about the upcoming Transformers:AOE film which is said to be shot in true IMAX 3D instead of converted in post with some scenes.

We will never have a FULL 90+ minute IMAX/3D Hollywood movie.  The process is too expensive to produce an entire movie in IMAX/3D and most audiences probably won't be able to handle the visual information overload of 3d images for that long of a time period.

bread's done
Back