Boy Scouts destroy rock formations in state park may face felony charges

I really like the guy's quote at the end of the article:

"Glad we did it, wish we wouldn’t have done it," he said Thursday of his feelings about the incident.

I feel that way about many things in life.  They should get a relatively small fine and a warning.  There's no intention backpedaling here, they clearly say why they're doing it in the video as it's happening.  It's not like they were just drunk idiots fooling around and then made up the safety story afterwards.  Also:  It's not a crime to act foolish around friends.

I really like the guy's quote at the end of the article:

"Glad we did it, wish we wouldn’t have done it," he said Thursday of his feelings about the incident.

I feel that way about many things in life. They should get a relatively small fine and a warning. There's no intention backpedaling here, they clearly say why they're doing it in the video as it's happening. It's not like they were just drunk idiots fooling around and then made up the safety story afterwards. Also: It's not a crime to act foolish around friends.
It is a crime to damage a national or in this case, state park. I think the thing that really propelled this into the news is the fact that these guys are Boy Scout leaders and should have known better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they should get small fines. I can't even count the times I cut down trees or destroyed some sort of plant life in state parks when I was a kid. I realize that this is different because it's a rock formation and not something that can grow back, but still, it seems like it's unnecessary to make a big deal of it.

If the rock is so weak that some asshole and a kid can push it over, it wasn't worth protecting in the first place. It looks like the fat ass could have knocked it over just by leaning on it anyway.

Let's see them knock over a redwood with their bare hands. It can't be done. That's why the redwoods are top-tier level nature shit, not these stupid rock formations.

It is a crime to damage a national or in this case, state park. I think the thing that really propelled this into the news is the fact that these guys are Boy Scout leaders and should have known better.

It was propelled into the news because the news is just a sewing circle these days that generates endless amounts of gossip. The top story is always going to be catching someone in the act, be it civilian, celebrity or politician.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back