Doug Seasons 1-4 $17.99 each--Amazon

Quintessence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I've been price watching on this for a while, and it has always been somewhere around $32 or thereabout, which makes this the price range I finally decided to bite at.  These are Amazon on-demand titles, but since there is no other option, it will have to do.  Also, note that season 4 is just a "Best Of" issue.  For some reasons 2 halves of 2 episodes were not included.  Not great, but, as I said, there is no other option.

Season 1

Season 2

Season 3

Best of Season 4

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised they didn't release a nice, cheap complete series collection like Rocko and Angry Beavers. Maybe sometime down the line. You can stream some episodes of Doug through Amazon Prime. I did and it didn't hold up for me. Are You Afraid of the Dark (also has some episodes streaming on Prime) on the other hand is still awesome provided you have some nostalgia for it (my wife and I crack up at the cheesy dialogue and 90's wardrobe).

I'm surprised they didn't release a nice, cheap complete series collection like Rocko and Angry Beavers. Maybe sometime down the line. You can stream some episodes of Doug through Amazon Prime. I did and it didn't hold up for me. Are You Afraid of the Dark (also has some episodes streaming on Prime) on the other hand is still awesome provided you have some nostalgia for it (my wife and I crack up at the cheesy dialogue and 90's wardrobe).
I know Rocko was put out by Shout Factory, which I know is the company that does a lot of those nice complete sets. I don't think Amazon cares much to be honest.

I am guessing there are some strange license issues that prevent Shout Factory from releasing Doug like they have many other shows. It has to be one of the most requested Nickelodeon shows along with Rugrats, but they have neither.

I know Rocko was put out by Shout Factory, which I know is the company that does a lot of those nice complete sets. I don't think Amazon cares much to be honest.

I am guessing there are some strange license issues that prevent Shout Factory from releasing Doug like they have many other shows. It has to be one of the most requested Nickelodeon shows along with Rugrats, but they have neither.
It's a combination of weird licensing issues (Viacom owns the rights to the Nick episodes, but Disney owns the license as well as their episodes) and limited demand. Doug isn't exactly remembered quite as fondly as say, Rocko or Ren and Stimpy, it just doesn't have the same appeal or timelessness that the others do. It was a very ordinary show in comparison to its contemporaries which were anything but ordinary.

It's a combination of weird licensing issues (Viacom owns the rights to the Nick episodes, but Disney owns the license as well as their episodes) and limited demand. Doug isn't exactly remembered quite as fondly as say, Rocko or Ren and Stimpy, it just doesn't have the same appeal or timelessness that the others do. It was a very ordinary show in comparison to its contemporaries which were anything but ordinary.
You are probably right about the Viacaom/Disney issue.

And yes, it was certainly more "ordinary" in comparison to other shows of its times, but as a quality show, I still hoped it would have the demand necessary for the deals to be worked out for a proper release.

bread's done
Back