* * * * - 18 votes

Target 11/10-11/16: B2G1 Free ALL In-Stock Games, Includes PS4 (and XB1 if in-stock)

#3571 CAG64  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

I know the coupon no longer prints out on preorder cards, but is it still printing out for buying 2 games? Would they ask for the coupon back if I bought 2 games, used the coupon, then returned the games?

ALSO, is the coupon still printing out with the toys?

Is ANYONE able to get the coupon through preorder cards. It seems this is the case with every Target, but maybe it's just very YMMV.

#3572 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

This has proven not to be true in this very thread.  People have posted receipts.

I don't work for Target so I'm not sure, I'm just going by past experiences when I tried it. Unless you have somebody who is willing to override the return/exchange value, I don't believe the system automatically knows that the game you're returning/exchanging is originally suppose to be $59.99 before the B2G1.

You guys are both talking about definitive store policy when you are dealing with a situation with too many variables for clerks & store managers to plan for.

[1] a one-time use coupon
[2] a Buy Two get One Free promotion
[3] exchanges, rather than cash-out refunds

Of course you are all hearing different things.  With that much stuff going on, of course this is a YMMV situation!

Steam ID: Bizzquik
Xbox Live Gamertag: Bizzquik
PSN Network ID: Bummblue
WiiU ID: Bizzquik

Proud user of PinnacleGameProfiler: turning beloved keyboard+mouse PC games into controller-enabled, couch-friendly gaming experiences.

#3573 TheBigHouse   All in the game, yo CAGiversary!   359 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

TheBigHouse

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:42 PM

I don't work for Target so I'm not sure, I'm just going by past experiences when I tried it. Unless you have somebody who is willing to override the return/exchange value, I don't believe the system automatically knows that the game you're returning/exchanging is originally suppose to be $59.99 before the B2G1.

It doesn't automatically, but my cashier knew exactly what she needed to do to swap them out at the discounted price. She didn't need a manager or anything, she was cool with it once I mentioned the sale was still going on - took less than 30 seconds once I brought up my replacement game. I would say doing an even exchange is slightly YMMV this week while the sale is going on to extremely high YMMV next week when the sale is over.

#3574 Halaster  

Halaster

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Exchanges work perfectly fine for equal value games. I posted a receipt early of it.

You go to the counter, with both games, and they will exchange a $59.99 game for a game you used both the 30% coupon and B2G1 deal on. The $59.99 game will ring up as $44.94 total cost.

kZ4SCPr.jpg

That is me exchanging AC4 for Rivals.

#3575 Halaster  

Halaster

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for sharing this great deal everyone. Taco Bell + CAG has hooked me up for this holiday season. :D

I9HkfbK.jpg

#3576 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:47 PM

My exchange worked fine without any override when i exchanged knack for nfs rivals but i did it now during the b2g1 highly doubt itll work next week for x1 games cuz those gane are not on promo and itll be like paying for only 2 games and getting 3....u need to trade during the promo as the cinputer does know the promo is going on..

#3577 billycuth  

billycuth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

They sure did. No questions or problems at all. Need For Speed Rivals rang up with the discounted price as an exchange. That includes the extra discount from using the 30% coupon in conjunction with the 3 for 2.

kZ4SCPr.jpg

No override needed here.

#3578 billycuth  

billycuth

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

You guys are both talking about definitive store policy when you are dealing with a situation with too many variables for clerks & store managers to plan for.

[1] a one-time use coupon
[2] a Buy Two get One Free promotion
[3] exchanges, rather than cash-out refunds

Of course you are all hearing different things.  With that much stuff going on, of course this is a YMMV situation!

It's really not.

Just a like for like exchange.  I think it may change once the 3 for 2 promotion ends, but that's unclear.

#3579 KingWulfgar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

KingWulfgar

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

What are the chances that Target will get a new shipment of games today or tomorrow? My local store finally listed all the games I wanted as in stock after not having anything all week. I get there, and they tell me that they don't actually have any in stock, as everything in the back is preorders. Unbelievable, I would really love to take advantage of this before it ends. 

I would say pretty likely. I don't think the stores want to be without games come launch day.

This sale is going to be great for the PS4's attach rate.

fs_overall.png

#3580 Halaster  

Halaster

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:05 PM

I would say pretty likely. I don't think the stores want to be without games come launch day.

This sale is going to be great for the PS4's attach rate.

Yep, for sure. It should have a extremely high attach rate because of it right out the door.

Even without the 30% off, all of the different deals going at pretty much everywhere but Gamestop and Walmart, will sell a lot of games. Good way to launch.

Most of these deals end right before the Xbox One launches as well don't they ?

#3581 bobright   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

bobright

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Exchanges work perfectly fine for equal value games. I posted a receipt early of it.

You go to the counter, with both games, and they will exchange a $59.99 game for a game you used both the 30% coupon and B2G1 deal on. The $59.99 game will ring up as $44.94 total cost.

kZ4SCPr.jpg

That is me exchanging AC4 for Rivals.

How is Rivals does it look very old gen as it did in the IGN video review (was seeing it in 720p recorded) still it didn't look that great to me?

#3582 Halaster  

Halaster

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:12 PM

How is Rivals does it look very old gen as it did in the IGN video review (was seeing it in 720p recorded) still it didn't look that great to me?

Though I already have my PS4 hooked up and ready to go I am at work, so I have not had a chance to actually play it yet.

I was only able to set the system up, update it, and start the download on some of the free Plus titles.

The entire setup, update, link to facebook, link to playstation phone app, and start game downloads took less time than just downloading an update on the PS3 takes. So that was super nice.

When watching the videos on the game, look at the quality of the backgrounds, as well as quantity of scenery and stuff. Then go look at similar on the last Need for Speed PS3 title. Its not even remotely comparable, even at 720p. 

:)

#3583 CAG64  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

I know the coupon no longer prints out on preorder cards, but is it still printing out for buying 2 games? Would they ask for the coupon back if I bought 2 games, used the coupon, then returned the games?

ALSO, is the coupon still printing out with the toys?   Is ANYONE able to get the coupon through preorder cards. It seems this is the case with every Target, but maybe it's just very YMMV.

#3584 texasnightowl   Endangered Species List Member: Humans possessing common sense. CAGiversary!   323 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

texasnightowl

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

ALSO, is the coupon still printing out with the toys?   Is ANYONE able to get the coupon through preorder cards. It seems this is the case with every Target, but maybe it's just very YMMV.

You just asked this 12 posts ago less than an hour ago.

No, the preorder cards don't work. No, if you use the coupon they can't ask for it back because they keep it when you use it.

We don't know if it is still printing out with toys. There was one report I saw about Pacman figures and one report of megaman. That is not enough reports to go on to say it will work. So go try it and you report back to us.

No again. The coupon is no longer printing with preorder cards. Some CAG'ers tried yesterday with 12 or 20 transactions. It is not happening.

Currently Playing:  :3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf,  :ds: Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns

(Recently finished:  :ps3: Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed: I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, III, IV: Black Flag)

31 Jan 2015: My launch era 80gb PS3 from January 2008 finally overheated like so many others.

#3585 bobright   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

bobright

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Though I already have my PS4 hooked up and ready to go I am at work, so I have not had a chance to actually play it yet.

I was only able to set the system up, update it, and start the download on some of the free Plus titles.

The entire setup, update, link to facebook, link to playstation phone app, and start game downloads took less time than just downloading an update on the PS3 takes. So that was super nice.

When watching the videos on the game, look at the quality of the backgrounds, as well as quantity of scenery and stuff. Then go look at similar on the last Need for Speed PS3 title. Its not even remotely comparable, even at 720p.
:)

Ahh I see very good to know about the fluidity of everything. I will have a look again didn't really do a side by side comparison, it just didn't pop to me like say PS3 to PS4's NBA 2K that game actually might be the most impressive PS4 title as far looks. I'm leaning toward just getting a refund or flipping a game on eBay and buying a Dualshock 4.

#3586 Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes   All you need is lo-, er, Duane and Wal-Mart® Ranch Wings CAGiversary!   3392 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Ranch Wings AKA RiceQuakes

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ahh I see very good to know about the fluidity of everything. I will have a look again didn't really do a side by side comparison, it just didn't pop to me like say PS3 to PS4's NBA 2K that game actually might be the most impressive PS4 title as far looks. I'm leaning toward just getting a refund or flipping a game on eBay and buying a Dualshock 4.

Trade in 30 dollars worth of games, on Amazon, and get 30 dollars towards a Dualshock 4. A DS4 for only 30 bucks? Sounds good to me!

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#3587 JustIvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

So I went bak to Target, me and a friend. We were successful on getting the 30% Off with no override needed. I was worried thinking they weren't going to accept the coupon but guess I was wrong.

I also exchanged a game and lady gave me store credit versus the exchange.

Your greatest enemy is your own Inner Perception, is your own Ignorance, is your own Ego! The Ego is the worst confidence trickster we could ever figure, we could ever imagine 'cause you never see it!

#3588 CAG64  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

So I went bak to Target, me and a friend. We were successful on getting the 30% Off with no override needed.

Did you bring the coupon there, or did you get it on today's visit? If you got it on today's visit, what did you buy?

Also, does anyone know if PC games count as "video games" for the coupon's eligibility?

#3589 bobright   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   588 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

bobright

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

Trade in 30 dollars worth of games, on Amazon, and get 30 dollars towards a Dualshock 4. A DS4 for only 30 bucks? Sounds good to me!

Yeah, not a bad idea either. I would just get a straight up refund on one game but don't want to push my luck I already stacked the 30% and only paid around 83 out the door since they applied my Ghosts preorder credit towards the purchase. I just want to swap out my 2 Assassins Creed's and get the hell out of there. :D

#3590 JustIvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Did you bring the coupon there, or did you get it on today's visit? If you got it on today's visit, what did you buy?

Also, does anyone know if PC games count as "video games" for the coupon's eligibility?

Nah I already had a coupon. We asked if the coupon was still printing they said they haven't seen it print in a minute.

Your greatest enemy is your own Inner Perception, is your own Ignorance, is your own Ego! The Ego is the worst confidence trickster we could ever figure, we could ever imagine 'cause you never see it!

#3591 Ayes  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

I think this deal is dead? From Amazon: "offer ends on 11:59 pm (Pacific Time), November 6, 2013 or when all codes are claimed, whichever is earlier."

http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1001420741

#3592 thundarr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

thundarr

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

I used a coupon for BD4 , AC4 and KZ. Coupon worked like a charm. Damn, I wish I had more of these!!

#3593 CAG64  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:52 PM

I used a coupon for BD4 , AC4 and KZ. Coupon worked like a charm. Damn, I wish I had more of these!!

Did you have the coupon on you when you walked in, or did you get it today? If you got it today, what did you buy?

Nah I already had a coupon. We asked if the coupon was still printing they said they haven't seen it print in a minute.

Wait, so were they clearly being sarcastic implying it had been a whole minute since they saw the coupon print, or did you mean to type "day" instead of "minute"? :P

#3594 srac84   Gamer MD CAGiversary!   916 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:54 PM

Ya i purchased 2 ps3 games and 1 pc game and the buy 2 get 1 free worked and the 30% off coupon stacked no prob no override needed..

#3595 bfett9   Stop Looking at Me! CAGiversary!   1553 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:01 AM

Heads up for @Gamer's Club Member's and People who can't find the titles they want at Target (or both)

This is going to be YMMV of course, but it worked for me.

So I went to Best Buy to try and PM the B2G1 Deal at Best Buy, The manager immediately said that they are not PM'ing Target's deal per BBY Memo. But I continued to ask about Fry's similar B2G1 Deal, manager shrugged and said as long as it is not Target.

331izdl.jpg

Now heres the break down of this.

First Fry's does not include all titles and if you have a peevy manager or employee they may so no to those not on list. However in my case the employee just let me get what ever PS4 games I wanted.

Another thing to note, if you are an @Gamer's club member there is a way for your to get even MORE savings!

So the policy on our new 20% off discount is that we can use it on any new titles that are not pricematched.

While I was getting the deal PM'd I requested that they simply make the last game $.01 (you can  so that the remaining 2 games stay full price. (and therefore the @gamer's discount would apply) This worked out perfectly for me again YMMV depending on manager or employee.

If they just make it 40$ a game you will NOT get the 20% stack

Finally there is the potential for even MORE savings, since BBY is running promo that says if you buy 3 PS4 Games you will get a $25 RWZ certificate in 30 days. According to the fine print there is no restriction on price matching, and while I consulted with an employee over chat they said it "SHOULD" work, but we will wait and see.

Even if you don't have an @Gamer's Club membership this is still a good option if you can't find the games you are looking for at Target.

Also Heads up my store was not selling Need for Speed Rivals.

Obviously if you don't have @Gamer's and you don't get the cert the price is still same, but hey you might find the titles you want at BBY, and you get RWZ Points

Total with the @Gamer's Club discount with tax was $102.71, or $34.23 a game

If we get the RWZ cert it becomes $77.71, or $25.90 a game....That's is the best  Fuck  price you are gonna get for a launch title.

---

Of course this is definitely YMMV, and some may so no if you do not have a  Fry's nearby (you can always call the website, They are usually very lenient about this stuff, you can just ask about the total before you check out)

Posted Image

#3596 CAG64  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

Ya i purchased 2 ps3 games and 1 pc game and the buy 2 get 1 free worked and the 30% off coupon stacked no prob no override needed..

When did you buy it? I have not found any reports of people getting the coupon TODAY, and I want to be sure they're still printing. It's a mystery on what triggers the 30% off to print out, but I just want to know if I can go buy 2 games to get the coupon to come out.

Anyone that bought 2 Games for the B2G1 TODAY, has the coupon printed out for you?

#3597 Halaster  

Halaster

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

When did you buy it? I have not found any reports of people getting the coupon TODAY, and I want to be sure they're still printing. It's a mystery on what triggers the 30% off to print out, but I just want to know if I can go buy 2 games to get the coupon to come out.

Anyone that bought 2 Games for the B2G1 TODAY, has the coupon printed out for you?

I believe most people are buying their B2G1 games in the electronics section as they already have the coupon. The electronics section cannot print out coupons.

I know that's where I bought my games, right in electronics.

#3598 JustIvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:18 AM

Did you have the coupon on you when you walked in, or did you get it today? If you got it today, what did you buy?

Wait, so were they clearly being sarcastic implying it had been a whole minute since they saw the coupon print, or did you mean to type "day" instead of "minute"? :P

Lol, meaning it's been a while since they seen it print.

#3599 JustIvan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   100 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

I believe most people are buying their B2G1 games in the electronics section as they already have the coupon. The electronics section cannot print out coupons.

I know that's where I bought my games, right in electronics.

Electronics section does print out coupons. In the process of buying  games on Tuesday doing the Buy 2 Get 1, another coupon printed out for my friend. We snagged it and re-used it today.

#3600 CAGkrazy   Yeah Boi! CAGiversary!   2191 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:30 AM

Heads up for @Gamer's Club Member's and People who can't find the titles they want at Target (or both)

This is going to be YMMV of course, but it worked for me.

So I went to Best Buy to try and PM the B2G1 Deal at Best Buy, The manager immediately said that they are not PM'ing Target's deal per BBY Memo. But I continued to ask about Fry's similar B2G1 Deal, manager shrugged and said as long as it is not Target.

331izdl.jpg

Now heres the break down of this.
First Fry's does not include all titles and if you have a peevy manager or employee they may so no to those not on list. However in my case the employee just let me get what ever PS4 games I wanted.

Another thing to note, if you are an @Gamer's club member there is a way for your to get even MORE savings!
So the policy on our new 20% off discount is that we can use it on any new titles that are not pricematched.
While I was getting the deal PM'd I requested that they simply make the last game $.01 (you can so that the remaining 2 games stay full price. (and therefore the @gamer's discount would apply) This worked out perfectly for me again YMMV depending on manager or employee.

If they just make it 40$ a game you will NOT get the 20% stack

Finally there is the potential for even MORE savings, since BBY is running promo that says if you buy 3 PS4 Games you will get a $25 RWZ certificate in 30 days. According to the fine print there is no restriction on price matching, and while I consulted with an employee over chat they said it "SHOULD" work, but we will wait and see.

Even if you don't have an @Gamer's Club membership this is still a good option if you can't find the games you are looking for at Target.

Also Heads up my store was not selling Need for Speed Rivals.

Obviously if you don't have @Gamer's and you don't get the cert the price is still same, but hey you might find the titles you want at BBY, and you get RWZ Points

Total with the @Gamer's Club discount with tax was $102.71, or $34.23 a game
If we get the RWZ cert it becomes $77.71, or $25.90 a game....That's is the best Fuck price you are gonna get for a launch title.

---

Of course this is definitely YMMV, and some may so no if you do not have a Fry's nearby (you can always call the website, They are usually very lenient about this stuff, you can just ask about the total before you check out)

This is alot of work and will REALLY be YMMV. Highly doubt this will work in my store even though we have frys a couple of miles a way.

craizieboi888.png