* * * * - 18 votes

Target 11/10-11/16: B2G1 Free ALL In-Stock Games, Includes PS4 (and XB1 if in-stock)

#1891 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

Did the math, I have to go back in and pay an additional $7.08 for Battlefield 4 ($6.65 pre-tax). I just know this is going to be a confusing mess.

#1892 Joeker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Did you also get the 20% off

No.  What 20%?

#1893 whoknows   Time and Eternity for all of time and eternity CAGiversary!   40026 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

This is what's to get mad about (although I'm not mad). If it's their policy, then that's fine, but they should apply it consistently. 

Some people got lucky and got someone who either doesn't follow policy or doesn't know.

Good for them. Nothing to be mad about if you don't get lucky too though. 

#1894 ComTruise   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

They only had Call of Duty: Ghosts out for the PS4 at Seattle. Ended up getting Killzone: Mercenary, Pokemon X, and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

#1895 x inFAMOUS x   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   121 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

x inFAMOUS x

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

Yes.

Thank you! I just noticed I can buy three copies of BF4 I might do that since I can give them to friends 

#1896 NoLifeDGenerate  

NoLifeDGenerate

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:01 PM

I got back from Target and man, their in store prices suck. I was gonna pick up some 3DS games that are priced $30 but are sold out online, yet those same games cost $40 in store. I wasn't sure if they PM'd their website or if it would stack, but didn't have the time to find out. 

Agreed. I wanted 360 games, but they had almost nothing at $20. Everything they have priced at $30 is already $20 on Amazon, making B2G1 worthless. Anything more expensive, I can wait for a price drop.

#1897 jokesonme  

jokesonme

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

how do you translate basic price matching into "pulling a fast one?" there are no smoke and mirrors here dude. Pretty straightforward.

and just because they follow policy and therefore I shouldn't be upset, doesn't mean I can't criticize said policy. And I think I have precedent given their year-over-year financial troubles.

Im sorry but I agree with the guy you quoted, its part of their policy. Otherwise every "Local" gamestore that sells games, or other outlet that does a crazy deal you can't expect them to match. And do you want them to also match newegg, gamers gate, amazon, etc? There can't be 100% price matching across the line, otherwise there's no point of competition. Not trying to be rude, but whats the point of Ads on sundays or sales? When technically what you guys are asking for is a universal price system. Each store trys to pull you into their store, enticing you to be a customer by their sales each week.

#1898 Joeker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Agreed. I wanted 360 games, but they had almost nothing at $20. Everything they have priced at $30 is already $20 on Amazon, making B2G1 worthless. Anything more expensive, I can wait for a price drop.

You can get them to price match, and then apply the b2g1 sale.

#1899 Tvols1480   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   454 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

The two targets in my area only had COD: Ghosts out for PS4 and no XB1 games.

#1900 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Im sorry but I agree with the guy you quoted, its part of their policy. Otherwise every "Local" gamestore that sells games, or other outlet that does a crazy deal you can't expect them to match. And do you want them to also match newegg, gamers gate, amazon, etc? There can't be 100% price matching across the line, otherwise there's no point of competition. Not trying to be rude, but whats the point of Ads on sundays or sales? When technically what you guys are asking for is a universal price system. Each store trys to pull you into their store, enticing you to be a customer by their sales each week.

In Soviet Russia, Black Friday does Doorbusting. 

#1901 TheAggroCraig   Hummus! CAGiversary!   1431 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

TheAggroCraig

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

The two targets in my area only had COD: Ghosts out for PS4 and no XB1 games.

I had to ask, but they had Killzone behind the counter.

#1902 jwbrown77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   190 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

Some people got lucky and got someone who either doesn't follow policy or doesn't know.

Good for them. Nothing to be mad about if you don't get lucky too though. 

Store manager detected.

Why in the world should a corporate policy be selectively applied based on the manager's whim?  How can you possibly defend it as someone "getting lucky"?

It's either the policy to match or it's not.  Which is it?

#1903 Pokedude97   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Pokedude97

Just went to Target and brought the memo with me, got Killzone, Knack, and NBA2K14 like I wanted and it was pretty easy. The dude just had to go in the back and look. I didn't try the 30% off or anything but it was about $120.

tnqJFmR.jpg

#1904 TimboSliceGB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5976 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

TimboSliceGB

does this work with pre order games or only in stock games?

#1905 Kainin  

I called a Target in Macon, Georgia and was told that they would have several Xbox One and PS4 games on Tuesday the 12th. Guy sounded pretty confident on the phone. I called the Best Buy right next to it and got someone who did not seem very confident about anything I asked.

#1906 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

I see what you're saying, but it's bothersome to see them bragging about price matching, when they are strictly selective about it. I have price matched dozens of Amazon items at Target. So, it's not some ridiculous thing to expect a price match on a hot item. I didn't ask for a universal system...I'm referring to one lone, isolated, very popular deal. Let's not blow things out of proportion.

#1907 dn3g3l   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just went to Target and brought the memo with me, got Killzone, Knack, and NBA2K14 like I wanted and it was pretty easy. The dude just had to go in the back and look.

please tell me you're in so cal. i can't find a damn target that have 2k14 in stock.

#1908 Kainin  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

So the Target website has Ghosts, BF4, and Fighter Within on XB1 available for the B2G1 but they have no PS4 games under the B2G1? What gives?

#1909 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

People only saying they have certain games make sure to at least ask if they have more...at my Best Buy they only had 2 games on the shelves but had around 5 more in the back they were willing to sell today (BF4, AC4, either NBA2K14 or Fifa can't remember, Just Dance, possibly another can't remember)

#1910 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Just went to Target and brought the memo with me, got Killzone, Knack, and NBA2K14 like I wanted and it was pretty easy. The dude just had to go in the back and look. I didn't try the 30% off or anything but it was about $120.

tnqJFmR.jpg

how did bringing the memo get you the games today? It says those games aren't out today, specifically. Failing to see how the memo swayed the manager...

#1911 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Went in and bought the last two Pac-Man figures (they had one I was missing, bringing me to 5/6).  Rang them separately, got the 30% coupon on the first transaction.

I looked at what was there, but the only games I'd buy now are already known to have discounts on BF, so I'm holding off.  I'll probably put the 30% coupon toward Mario 3D World and Zelda in two weeks.  I'm not planning to buy a PS4 within the first two years, so none of the launch games interest me.

#1912 Joeker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:11 PM

tnqJFmR.jpg

Oh yeah!  Best Buy didn't have Killzone :( so I went with CoD.  Hoping Knack is good.

#1913 Wanderlai   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   735 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wife ran to Target for me. They said no PS4 games till Tuesday. Told her don't worry about pressing the issue. Had her grad some presell XBone and PS4 tickets. She did 4 diff transactions at the same register and Dead Rising 3 kicked out a 30% off coupon. I'll go back Tuesday or wait till Friday to see if the 30% off will be good on PS4 games then.

#1914 danchilders   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

danchilders

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:13 PM

Does it work with PC games?

Like two PS3 games + a free Battlefield 4 for PC would be pretty sweet. 

#1915 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

how did bringing the memo get you the games today? It says those games aren't out today, specifically. Failing to see how the memo swayed the manager...

It says exactly the opposite, actually.

Does it work with PC games?

Like two PS3 games + a free Battlefield 4 for PC would be pretty sweet. 

Yes, the in-store signs for the promo include the PC selection.

#1916 ECB   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

The memo says to put them out on the 12th but they can sell them anytime before if a customer asks.

#1917 omnicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   326 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

omnicious

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

Does anyone know if it matters if they're not all PS4 games?  I was thinking of trying to grab 2K14, Killzone, and the Last of Us.

#1918 crazedracerguy   Guitar Slinger! CAGiversary!   5538 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

crazedracerguy

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

Store manager detected.

Why in the world should a corporate policy be selectively applied based on the manager's whim?  How can you possibly defend it as someone "getting lucky"?

It's either the policy to match or it's not.  Which is it?

He JUST FUCKING TOLD YOU... It is BB's policy NOT to match a B2G1. Sometimes people get lucky. Seriously, how hard is this to understand. You not liking what someone says doesn't mean they did not JUST TELL YOU. You just don't want to hear it.

#1919 bluem00se   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

bluem00se

Just picked up Killzone, Knack, and Beyond at my Target. The girl working there didn't think she could sell KZ or Knack, but I told her about Sony lifting the street date and how other people have been able to buy them at Target. She went in the back and found the memo, and told me in addition to KZ and Knack, she was able to sell NBA 2K AND NFS, though they did not have either in stock and probably won't until either Wednesday or Friday (by Friday for sure for obvious reasons).

Also, I was not able to stack the 30 percent coupon. But it's ok since I want to pick up AC4 and NFS this week anyways, so I can get 2 more games for 42 each! 

#1920 mgford11  

Was able to pickup KillZone, Knack and COD - really wanted NFS and NBA but not a single Target in NorCal has them in stock.