* * * * - 18 votes

Target 11/10-11/16: B2G1 Free ALL In-Stock Games, Includes PS4 (and XB1 if in-stock)

#1921 iwannadie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   882 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

iwannadie

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:15 PM

I see what you're saying, but it's bothersome to see them bragging about price matching, when they are strictly selective about it. I have price matched dozens of Amazon items at Target. So, it's not some ridiculous thing to expect a price match on a hot item. I didn't ask for a universal system...I'm referring to one lone, very popular deal. Let's not blow things out of proportion.

Well remember, these lone very popular deals are always used as hope to get you into their stores and maybe buy the ps4 or whatever else while you are there. When another store is asked to price match it is usually by someone with the intent on getting the sale item and that only. If someone comes in with an ad or something intending to price match they are not usually going to be buying anything else and coming out with long receipts. 

Maybe target made a deal to have extra copies of ps4 games(seem to be popular in this thread), they planned to unload them at that sale cost and have stacks of them ready. Down the road at BB they may have had no clue they would need to meet the demand of giving out a Free game suddenly. BB being hesitant to price match might be just out of fear of running out of stock. 

Lots of things at play.

#1922 DFrye21  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Has anyone seen Lego Marvel on PS4 at any stores?

#1923 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

The memo says to put them out on the 12th but they can sell them anytime before if a customer asks.

it also points out that this should be done to avoid customer dissatisfaction :)

#1924 bluem00se   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

bluem00se

Just picked up Killzone, Knack, and Beyond at my Target. The girl working there didn't think she could sell KZ or Knack, but I told her about Sony lifting the street date and how other people have been able to buy them at Target. She went in the back and found the memo, and told me in addition to KZ and Knack, she was able to sell NBA 2K AND NFS, though they did not have either in stock and probably won't until either Wednesday or Friday (by Friday for sure for obvious reasons).

Also, I was not able to stack the 30 percent coupon. But it's ok since I want to pick up AC4 and NFS this week anyways, so I can get 2 more games for 42 each! 

#1925 UcanSUKtheFAC   Banned Banned   1304 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

UcanSUKtheFAC

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

The memo says to put them out on the 12th but they can sell them anytime before if a customer asks.

still not seeing it. Says "available Tuesday" and no mention if what you said.

more importantly, how can I possibly get ahold of the memo, or ask the manager to read it?

I already know that if I say something like "there was this memo released" shell immediately brush it off by saying they received no such memo.

how can I get ahold of this and have them believe it to be official?

#1926 FlopperNewt   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

FlopperNewt

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

Yes, I bought it at Best Buy today.

#1927 samaside  

samaside

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

Not in the Phoenix Metro area, yet. My store said it would be out on Tuesday and my online order says it'll be here between Friday and Monday but who knows.

#1928 Crashmasteromega   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Crashmasteromega

Ok I dunno if this will help or not but I stayed on phone with supervisor from target.com who actually knew games and what she was talking about, I know hard to believe...anyways she said corporate is sending them down notes and info about people calling in so much about the promotion and the confusion surrounding it, but ad states that it includes ps4 games that are available in stock not preorder and not available till street date for promotion. But what has happened is they have not gotten the ps4 skus ready for the coupon to be applied online and some are not street date available till Tuesday, and Friday. So promotion for in stock ps4 games should be ready within 24 hours and games that are available street date Tuesday and Friday will be applied to promotion then. But they are definitely adding the ps4 to promotion online anytime now, and if all else fails I have her contact info and she gave me a promo code to apply to my cart that she will activate for me within 24 hours. So here's hoping that corporate comes thru and makes good. Btw the only games that are available in stock atm are knack, kill zone, and cod ghost. Others will be available Tuesday, and Friday.

#1929 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Surprised that so many of you are getting Knack. It doesn't look next-gen at all.

#1930 LiquidSnape  

LiquidSnape

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:19 PM

Brought the ad to my Best Buy, and they price matched, I couldn't get NFS:R as part of the deal so I only got Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4 and Killzone Shadowfall which is gonna be exchanged on Thursday,  total was 103 man I love GCU .  Approximately 10 copies of Madden 25, FIFA,  Knack Killzone  Ghosts Battlefield 4 in stock only 4 Assassins Creed and 2 Injustice and 3 Lego Marvels from what I remember

South Elgin Store in Chicago Area, ask for Terrance if you have any issues

My BBY is situated within 10 minutes between, 2 Targets, 1 TRU, 1 Meijer and 1 Walmart. So the local competition may help with B2G1

EDIT: So apparently I got 3 games as part of the buy 3 get 25 back promo, does this stack with this deal? If it does I'd keep KZ just for the free money?

#1931 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   146 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:20 PM

Has anyone seen any Xbox One games at Target or Best Buy?

#1932 3rdamention   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

3rdamention

$89.87 for 3 PS4 Launch Games.  They took the coupon, took a manager override.  They had a handful of Knacks, I got one.  Came back about an hour later with my brother in law to help him through the deal, they only had 1 Knack left.  My first experience, the manager was having more problems figuring out how to enter the deal into the register, she was not trying to honor it. 

Before we called the manager over, the guy helping me out said "This coupon says its 30% off of 2 games, and you are buying 3, we cannot accept this."  I laughed and said "Can I at least talk to a manager?" 

The second time I went with my brother in law, they called a manager and it was a different lady.  She didn't care at all, said "Enter it and I will override it!"  Then walked away.  They had 4 PS4 Games, they were all on the shelf, COD, Knack, NBA2k, and Killzone. 

VBElicr.jpg

#1933 ECB   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

still not seeing it. Says "available Tuesday" and no mention if what you said.

more importantly, how can I possibly get ahold of the memo, or ask the manager to read it?

I already know that if I say something like "there was this memo released" shell immediately brush it off by saying they received no such memo.

how can I get ahold of this and have them believe it to be official?

Read what it says right above NBA 2K14.

#1934 silky johnson   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

silky johnson

Just got back from Best Buy.  I showed the electronics guy the Target ad, he took it with him and walked away for about 5 minutes then came back and said they could match Targets deal.  Picked up COD, BF4, AC, Madden, Knack, and Killzone.  Will be returning Knack and Madden for something else later on.

#1935 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1575 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

Can u guys post the memo again please??

#1936 fishphoenix   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   722 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

fishphoenix

None of the 4 Best Buy's in my area would match target. One target near me said they will not sell PS4 games til Tuesday at the earliest, the other only had Killzone and CoD: Ghosts in stock. Since I was having trouble picking a 3rd game anyways, ended up just going to target and getting Killzone, CoD: Ghosts, and a copy of CoD: Ghosts for PS3 which I plan on selling at GameStop or Best Buy. 

#1937 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Went to a bunch of locations and got a bunch of different stories.

Ranging from Knack not being sold at Target, to a Sony rep explicitly told them not to sell before Friday. Such a pain in the ass, but at least I finally got 2/3 of my games. ~_~ 

Can u guys post the memo again please??

I don't have the two page version, but here is the single page version 

uWlpiZk.jpg

#1938 trent82   Master Of Unlocking CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

Surprised that so many of you are getting Knack. It doesn't look next-gen at all.

That game is destined to be free on Plus within a year.  It looks terrible.

#1939 ECB   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   108 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Sorry, I missed it but Need for Speed was on the second page .Madden and FIFA are on there for Tuesday. Here's an updated pic. Sorry if I caused even more confusion/heart palpitations. 

BvgduXw.jpg

#1940 Zazoo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   317 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

How are the games showing on the receipt? 40 a pop? I would love to return any I don't want to keep but still get each for 40 I keep.

The first two are shown with a 39.99 return value the last one $40

#1941 MrSoloLobo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   51 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MrSoloLobo

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

That game is destined to be free on Plus within a year. It looks terrible.

You do know that all games on Plus are usually at an 80 or better Metacritic right? Knack doesn't look to be a bad game at all. Have you guys played it? It's pretty fun and challenging.

#1942 Joeker   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   341 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:26 PM

i got Knack cause its a PS4 exclusive, new game, and I wanted some diversity in a few of the games I picked up.  

#1943 Spokker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2211 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:27 PM

Haha yeah, I was going to say it's the Kameo of the PS4 launch, but Kameo seemed more substantial even back then.

Definitely one of the first full PS4 games to be put up on PS+. I expect it to be the first PS4 clearance title too.

My launch game lineup (if you want to judge) consists of AC4 for sure, because it's the most meaty launch game available (open-world, tons of sidequests and stuff). Killzone and BF4 if they still have them on Tuesday afternoon. I could also go for NBA 2K14 because I haven't played an NBA game in forever and I've got a hankering. Not interested in Ghosts at all. If they don't have them then it's just AC4 for me.

My ultimate launch game was Watch Dogs but you know how that went.

#1944 MoreCowbell407   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   5 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

MoreCowbell407

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

Went to my local target in Amherst, New York. What a joke. After half an hour of waiting for an electronics rep to speak to, was told they can only sell ghosts. Someone else waiting for an electronics rep chimed in and said he was there for Killzone, Ghosts, and NBA. After showing the rep the target memo that's been floating around here, another 20 minute wait for a manager. Manager wouldn't even acknowledge me, just yelled at the rep for wasting his time and that he should reference the release date binder and that they can only sell Ghosts. At this point I inserted myself (politely) into the conversation, pointing out the ad that stated they could also sell Killzone, NBA, and Knack. Manager wanted to know where I got the memo. I replied it was posted on various Internet forums. His response was "I don't listen to stuff off the internet." I then asked if this was not in fact a Target memo. He stormed off, telling the poor electronics kid to sell me the games. Kid goes in the back to get Killzone and Knack, turns out they sold out of Knack this morning, which is interesting because up until 5 minutes ago they wouldn't sell it to me. Wound up going to bestbuy and somehow getting them to pricematch without pricematching, im not entirely sure what happened, but will post my best buy experience and receipt once I get home.

#1945 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Went to my Target down the street and all they had was Ghost on display to buy.  Asked the guy working there and he said they dont have any other ones for sale.

Then i went to Bestbuy down the street and same response from the workers.  Very odd, but oh well, not like i could play them anyways

#1946 Thermopyle  

Heads-up: Best Buy matches this deal even on used games. I just picked up MGS HD Collection, Disgaea 4, and Prince of Persia HD Collection using the deal (19.24, 12.50, 12.50, respectively) and paid 31.74. Dropped it to 26.74 with a $5 coupon I had. Not a bad deal IMO.

#1947 TheCro   wot CAGiversary!   4598 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Went to my Target down the street and all they had was Ghost on display to buy.  Asked the guy working there and he said they dont have any other ones for sale.

Then i went to Bestbuy down the street and same response from the workers.  Very odd, but oh well, not like i could play them anyways

Same here. Guy was trying to get me to buy the ps3 versions and do the 10 dollar upgrade, though.

#1948 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

For me, I think Knack will drop and be a Plus game, which makes it a great free game. Get that + KZ and BF and I am set. Also for those interested, Target seems to have a lot less stock of Knack than Killzone. I was hearing an average of 2 versus 6.  

You do know that all games on Plus are usually at an 80 or better Metacritic right? Knack doesn't look to be a bad game at all. Have you guys played it? It's pretty fun and challenging.

I believe that standard is only in Europe. Many games, like Dragons Dogma or Poker Night are in the low 7 / 6 range. 

#1949 Kismayaz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   119 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm not going to read this whole topic, but I wanted to let everyone know that you should check Target.com's prices for games. I think I got a pretty good deal earlier on Wii U games:

Wonderful 101

Game & Wario

NSMBU

Wii Party U

Pikmin 3

Sonic Lost World

Price matched Target.com, 2 games free, 30% off coupon, 5% RED Card, and I had a $100 gift card.

Walked out with these 6 games for $75 out of pocket. 

I plan on exchanging NSMBU for SM3DW on the 22nd.

#1950 recklesscognition   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   133 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

recklesscognition

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

I thought so too but got to play it and it's actually fun.  It's hard with the difficulty up too.  Might get an 8 rating.