Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
They listed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D/

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-3ds-xl-gold-black-with-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds/2287137.p?id=1219071509031&skuId=2287137

http://www.zelda.com/link-between-worlds/

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle.

LINK
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the Oracle Of Ages they had listed on their site as a Bonus for this bundle:

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Question-about-Zelda-3DS-XL-Pre-Order-Bonus/m-p/728597/highlight/true#M21945

The Oracle of Ages pre-order bonus is actually only available for pre-orders of just the physical copy of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. The hardware bundle that includes the game and a 3DS XL unfortunately does not qualify. I apologize for any inconvenience that this causes.
Well, now they have also removed the wording and the picture from the page I originally linked. However, that info still remains on the main video game page. Image for proof in case it gets removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
never preordered from BB. do they take them in stores too? rather pick this up than having it sitting in front of my apartment door all day. thanks.

Only problem with BB pre-orders is that they will pre-authorize your card weekly until it comes out, so the money is basically permanently tied up--super annoying!

just ordered one for pick up. thanks op!

side note: not sure how limited these will be compared to past special editions, but i've never seen the AC or Pikachu 3DS in the wild.

...I wonder if I should sell my Pokemon 3DS for one.
If you like the Zelda one more, then 100%.

The X Y one? You should. This will be more rare.
Yeah... no.

just ordered one for pick up. thanks op!

side note: not sure how limited these will be compared to past special editions, but i've never seen the AC or Pikachu 3DS in the wild.
I've seen a Pikachu 3DS XL in the wild a few days after release and I've seen the AC one a month after release.

However, I wouldn't trust anyones theory on what something is or is not "rare". Like, heres how the last couple of systems went...

Zelda - Released on Black Friday and was thought to be impossible to find. Several systems were still readably available a week to a month later... - now a days, it sells for $250+.

Fire Emblem - Released the same time as the system and quickly sold out. I don't recall any threads for it on CAG, but I only saw one in the wild, though that was 8 weeks after release. - worth about $200 now.

Pikachu - Released during a $160 dollar promo and Club Nintendo buy a 3DS XL + Luigi Mansion or Pokemon, get a free game promotion. Sold out almost instantly, with the remaining stock going away within the week for most areas. Most people reported these were 2 per store, Best Buy and Amazon did not carry it, so it seems to be fairly limited. - sells for around $300+

Animal Crossing - Was probably as limited as Pikachu, but the demand was far lower. This wasn't that surprising, since the system cost more money and Animal Crossing is not a franchise on par with Pokemon or Zelda. - worth about $200 (under or around MSRP)

Pokemon X and Y - The designs were not popular and stores seemed to have received twice as many as Pikachu or Animal Crossing. Are not hard to find and can easily be bought if you want one. - worth about $200+ (though some have sold in the $170 dollar range)

Legend of Zelda - Impossible to predict, but it will probably be more common than AC or Pikachu, though perhaps not on the same tiering as Pokemon. This system will probably go on to be WORTH more than the X and Y editions, though this depends heavily on how many are out there. In either case, nothing suggests this will be rarer than the Pokemon systems.

If you like the Zelda one more, then 100%.

Yeah... no.

I've seen a Pikachu 3DS XL in the wild a few days after release and I've seen the AC one a month after release.

However, I wouldn't trust anyones theory on what something is or is not "rare". Like, heres how the last couple of systems went...

Zelda - Released on Black Friday and was thought to be impossible to find. Several systems were still readably available a week to a month later... - now a days, it sells for $250+.

Fire Emblem - Released the same time as the system and quickly sold out. I don't recall any threads for it on CAG, but I only saw one in the wild, though that was 8 weeks after release. - worth about $200 now.

Pikachu - Released during a $160 dollar promo and Club Nintendo buy a 3DS XL + Luigi Mansion or Pokemon, get a free game promotion. Sold out almost instantly, with the remaining stock going away within the week for most areas. Most people reported these were 2 per store, Best Buy and Amazon did not carry it, so it seems to be fairly limited. - sells for around $300+

Animal Crossing - Was probably as limited as Pikachu, but the demand was far lower. This wasn't that surprising, since the system cost more money and Animal Crossing is not a franchise on par with Pokemon or Zelda. - worth about $200 (under or around MSRP)

Pokemon X and Y - The designs were not popular and stores seemed to have received twice as many as Pikachu or Animal Crossing. Are not hard to find and can easily be bought if you want one. - worth about $200+ (though some have sold in the $170 dollar range)

Legend of Zelda - Impossible to predict, but it will probably be more common than AC or Pikachu, though perhaps not on the same tiering as Pokemon. This system will probably go on to be WORTH more than the X and Y editions, though this depends heavily on how many are out there. In either case, nothing suggests this will be rarer than the Pokemon systems.

If we're talking about new sealed I would add $100 to all of your values.

If we're talking about new sealed I would add $100 to all of your values.
So would I, but anything is only worth as much as you can get for it. Some people were buying the Pokemon 3DS XLs for well over MSRP while you could still get them from GameStop.

However I also agree with the notion that it's impossible to gauge whether or not something will truly be rare/limited/valuable so far from release.

I'd love to get this, as I could use an XL, but the inside being gold turns me off :/
I've got this pre-ordered and I'll be looking to sell my blue/black 3DS XL. I'd be willing to sell it for a good price. Send me a PM if you're interested and maybe we can work a deal out.

Anyone had luck with in store preordering? Or should i just preorder it online? I hate having money tied up around for 3 weeks.

Anyone had luck with in store preordering? Or should i just preorder it online? I hate having money tied up around for 3 weeks.
If you preorder it online they don't charge your card until the order is fulfilled. On the release day. I preordered it online. Also ordered the Wii U system the same way. And with most stores you can have them hold it for you rather than ship it to your house if that's what you'd prefer. I believe shipping would be free though.

If you preorder it online they don't charge your card until the order is fulfilled. On the release day. I preordered it online. Also ordered the Wii U system the same way. And with most stores you can have them hold it for you rather than ship it to your house if that's what you'd prefer. I believe shipping would be free though.

They don't charge until shipment but they do keep authorizing for the full amount...yeah, fuck that.

I'm perfectly happy with my midnight purple 3DS, but man I'd love to have this. Someday Nintendo will get with the times and use an account system so that I can own more than one 3DS...  

I'm perfectly happy with my midnight purple 3DS, but man I'd love to have this. Someday Nintendo will get with the times and use an account system so that I can own more than one 3DS...
Yup I just sold my old 3ds xl yesterday to put money towards the zelda 3ds xl and i was unhappy that by doing so i lost around $9 in eshop funds and my oracle of ages and seasons do to no account system, come on Nintendo seriously get with the times.

I'm about to preorder one through BB.com but wanted to ask... has anyone been able to preorder this in-store at the gaming kiosk or is that option not available yet?

That's the only thing that I don't like about the Zelda XL - I'd prefer a black interior. I preordered it anyway, as it's not that big of a deal breaker.
I agree with you. I ended up buying a Solid Black Decal from Decal Girl with a Matte finish to use on the inside. It should end up looking pretty nice because the majority of it will be black but will have gold outlines. And the Home Start Select buttons will stay gold. All-in-all I am pretty excited.

If you have an American Express card and a facebook or twitter account, you can get $25 off by spending $250 or more at Best Buy. Might help some in justifying the purchase of this bundle. 

LINK

I agree with you. I ended up buying a Solid Black Decal from Decal Girl with a Matte finish to use on the inside. It should end up looking pretty nice because the majority of it will be black but will have gold outlines. And the Home Start Select buttons will stay gold. All-in-all I am pretty excited.
That sounds like a pretty sweet idea--would you mind posting the link to that decal?

Hey guys if your saying that you were not able to pre-order this in store at Best buy and you were using the Kiosk; you may be wrong. A lot of times that kiosk doesn't have everything available. Just head to the register with the SKU that is on Bestbuy.com and ask if you can pre-order it. I'm headed to work in a few hours and am gonna try to pre-order this there and if it goes through I'm gonna cancel my Best buy pre-order.

I just stopped by my local BBY, and the online SKU is not working as a pre-order in store. I asked the manager to try to figure out how to do it and he could not. He did not have this console listed on any of his pre-order lists.

Hopefully it'll go live in store soon.

You do understand there is a chance they may not be taking in-store preorders right? You can hope all you want..... but its been up on there website long enough where if they were planning on taking in-store preorders it should be in the kiosk OR associates should be able to find it in the computer by now

You do understand there is a chance they may not be taking in-store preorders right? You can hope all you want..... but its been up on there website long enough where if they were planning on taking in-store preorders it should be in the kiosk OR associates should be able to find it in the computer by now
Unfortunately I do know this; I am a Best buy associate. They could take as long as it takes until the item to come out to offer a pre-order and yes it very well not be available for pre-order in the store. Which is why I said hope. The touchscreen kiosk is crap anyway. All it does is spit out a SKU which you can find much faster on Bestbuy.com. And to pre-order something in store all you need is the SKU.

LINK

Thank you, I already used my Amex for this but bought the Mario games that were on sale today in a separate order also with the Amex. I wonder if that qualifies? Or does it all have to be in one order? From what I am reading it seems as though its just asking for you to spend $250 by 12/31.

OFFER DETAILS
Get a one-time $25 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a total of $250 or more at Best Buy
by 12/31/13.

I don't really like the idea of having my money tied up but I'm probably gonna just go ahead and pre-order on bby.com.

bread's done
Back