* * * * * 10 votes

Zelda 3DS XL Limited Edition Set Pre-Order Available At BestBuy.com

#481 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4905 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Does anyone know how long Best Buy or GS will be open for their midnight releases? I was thinking about swinging by at like 3 AM to grab both my preorders before leaving for work

No way they would be open at 3 ... maybe 2 am tops but even that is taking a chance.

#482 SephirothWF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

SephirothWF

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

For those of you who have pre ordered the game only, did anyone get the code for the Oracle of Ages download yet? I got my email saying its ready for pick up, but no DL code yet.

I called about it and they said even tho it has shipped, the e-mail will go out after the game's release date (so sometime after midnight). But the person kept saying it'll show up in my "Digital Library" and kept saying they need to check with the manufacturer when they are getting the codes. I'm inclined to think he just said "Generic Answer #2953 When Dealing With Crazy Cheap Ass Gamers".

#483 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:37 AM

Just curious though - if you're not into Zelda, why not wait til next week and get a normal 3DS XL on sale for around 150 somewhere? Not being judgmental, just genuinely curious why you're getting this one.

I'm not really into Zelda either but I really like the gold color.  I'll probably also sell my code because Nintendo's online system blows and I'd rather have a physical copy.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#484 GundNataku   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

GundNataku

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:56 AM

Got my in store pickup notification when I got out of work tonight so I went went to the store and they actually let me pick up my order!!! I got the 3DS XL bundle, a physical copy of the game and Super Mario 3D world for Wii U. Been playing the Zelda game for the past few hours and it's amazing!!!

#485 drakma2345  

drakma2345

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm about to go an try to get this! Yeeeehaaaaa

#486 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:55 AM

Got my in store pickup notification when I got out of work tonight so I went went to the store and they actually let me pick up my order!!! I got the 3DS XL bundle, a physical copy of the game and Super Mario 3D world for Wii U. Been playing the Zelda game for the past few hours and it's amazing!!!

Can you confirm the included copy of Zelda is a code that requires you to download the game?

#487 Crass   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Can you confirm the included copy of Zelda is a code that requires you to download the game?

It is. 

#488 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Geez, BB's web site shows none of the stores around me have the bundle available for in-store pickup... what gives? 

#489 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Geez, BB's web site shows none of the stores around me have the bundle available for in-store pickup... what gives?

It gets released on Friday when the stores open, that's what gives.

#490 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

Weird, like 9/10 stores in my area have it available for pickup.

Part of me hopes it sells out fast, otherwise I'm not gonna be able to resist getting it next week =/

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#491 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:06 AM

It is.

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?

#492 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

It gets released on Friday when the stores open, that's what gives.

How are other people pre-ordering for in-store pickup then? Just pure luck?

#493 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11170 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

Thank you. Nintendo makes zero sense. The Animal Crossing bundle had the game preinstalled. The Pokemon XL wasn't a bundle. And now the Zelda XL has a code that requires redemption.

What gives?

Nintendo has never made sense. They are sitting on so many possible money fountains and never make use of them

848178.pngSgtWiggles.png

#494 LegacyGamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

LegacyGamer

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

the physical game releases tomorrow also right?

#495 drakma2345  

drakma2345

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:11 AM

Got it wohooo even price matched it

#496 wolve   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:15 AM

Oh sweet... a switch must have just flipped on the BB site because a bunch of stores around me now have the bundle available for pickup. I might wait a few more hours to see if Walmart's site lowers to sale price.

#497 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:20 AM

It has been stated by Nintendo

It's the ultimate item to take on your adventure: a gold and black 3DS XL emblazoned with the Triforce on the top and bottom. Includes a Nintendo eShop download code for The Legend of Zelda™: A Link Between Worlds game.

What gives?

Nintendo makes absolutely no sense. 

Original Zelda 3DS System? Physical game.

Wii U DX with Nintendoland? Physical game.

Fire Emblem? Preinstalled.

Animal Crossing? Preinstalled.

Zelda Wii U? DL code.

Zelda XL? DL code.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#498 ray2dee   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1618 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

Just curious how you get it priced matched ad??

#499 DestinyHero   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

DestinyHero

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:40 AM

It completely makes sense for Nintendo. 

Giving you a digital copy = that copy will never become a used game

#500 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

It completely makes sense for Nintendo. 

Giving you a digital copy = that copy will never become a used game

Wow, I never thought of it like that till you posted it. Thank you.  :roll:

Going form physical to digital was a logical and understandable jump. However, going from pre-loaded (as in, on the system by default) to code makes no sense. They went from a system where you couldn't do anything, to a system where you can at least sell the code. It makes no sense. Especially when you consider Wind Waker HD also counted towards the digital purchase program. 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#501 monstericreated   merkin' snitches CAGiversary!   539 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

monstericreated

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

Will someone shoot me a PM if the price goes live on Walmart.com? Thanks in advance.

Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#502 Traxstar   Gears Of War Legend CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Traxstar

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:40 AM

Lol I'm pissed came to the xbox launch told them to price match they said no problem I told them it was 200 they didn't even check Walmart. Com I could of said like 150$ damnit! Haha

#503 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hmmm, I wonder how much I can get for my code.  Is $30 too much?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#504 PrinnyOtaku   二人の秘密の基地 CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

PrinnyOtaku

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

I called BBY Elite Plus and had them do an in-store pickup for Walmart's price.

Just have the rep. search .com's weekly ad section for the ad, the 199.96 price and "valid 11/22-11/23" were all I needed for the PM. I'm EST, so it's already 11/22 technically. Going to the next state over to pick it up along with a physical copy of the game, and a pair of Astro A40s with no tax :)

(shameless self-promotion: I will be looking to get rid of the download code, PM me with offers)

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#505 zeonmx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

No way they would be open at 3 ... maybe 2 am tops but even that is taking a chance.

Gamestop was open 12am to 9pm next day during last black friday.

#506 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3763 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:16 AM

Just have the rep. search .com's weekly ad section for the ad, the 199.96 price and "valid 11/22-11/23" were all I needed for the PM. I'm EST, so it's already 11/22 technically. Going to the next state over to pick it up along with a physical copy of the game, and a pair of Astro A40s with no tax :)

(shameless self-promotion: I will be looking to get rid of the download code, PM me with offers)

You should pay it forward. :)

Need any club Nintendo codes?

#507 admiralvic   大将 CAGiversary!   6447 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

Hmmm, I wonder how much I can get for my code.  Is $30 too much?

If this is anything like Wind Waker HD, the value will plummet to around $20. I know people were trying to sell those at about $35 at release, but over time the price kept dropping. This might do better because it's a newer game, but it will probably be lower than $30. 

#508 PrinnyOtaku   二人の秘密の基地 CAGiversary!   3311 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

PrinnyOtaku

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

You should pay it forward. :)

Need any club Nintendo codes?

No, sorry. I just bought the Pokemon red 3DS XL, which I now need to sell since I'm getting this one. I can't justify owning 2 3DS

'es ATM since I just dropped 1k+ on a new build.

Need to get rid of the download code to recoup some of the cost :(

Defynorz.png
Add me on PSN for co-op or anything

League of Legends: Defyn

#509 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2785 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'm not seeing the ad. Link?

#510 akuma77   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   338 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

link to ad?