The Official CAG November 2013 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
75505_628772233839961_984814474_n.jpg

1455037_628771913839993_94129209_n.jpg

1455080_628771910506660_13531437_n.jpg

Picked up a gamecube with controller, power cable, 3 games(metroid prime, metroid prime 2(no disc), fantasy star online), and the BLACK MONSTER S-VIDEO CABLE(last one sold for $53 on ebay) for only $14

Firs Pick Ups Month. 

Top 2 were from Gamefly. 

Bottom 4 were from the Flea Market. The Games were $3 each and the DVD was $2. 

4x Paper Mario: Sticker Star

- Ordered two online when there was brief window. Then got Target to price match 2 when my friends asked for a copy.

null_zps2cd98983.jpg

Scored these from my roomie. He works at a retailer and gives me lots of cool stuff.

Bought these from him for $10 a piece. Gonna try and trade the PS3 for the 360 version.

3 is in great condition and 2 is Very Good.

I plan to grab those Wii-motes eventually. I hope they don't rocket in price or anything.
thats why i grabbed them because I dont want them sky rocketing in price. I bought them at target and since wii remotes never really go on sale, I bought them right away.

I picked up an Atari 7800 this morning. Half Price Books wanted $40.00 but $24.00 with a 40% off coupon. Figured that was solid, didn't have one. Don't have any 7800 games (they didn't have any) but I tested it with some 2600 games and it at least plays those great. Came with 4 7800 controllers which are shockingly decent considering how terrible 5200 controllers are.

picked up a stack of ps2/xbox/gamecube games from a thrift store today.. Nothing rare so i won't be posting a pic but its about 15 games, cheap. all complete.

This thing is sweeet. Funny how it only took 4 days to get here from China when Gamestop and Best Buy items take over a week!

bah, bad news the Supaboy snes handheld is going back, the damn thing randomly freezes on me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the GTA V hardcover guide for a little over $3 at Walmart during the crazy sale....

I'm surprised no one else has posted here what they got from that

This thing is sweeet. Funny how it only took 4 days to get here from China when Gamestop and Best Buy items take over a week!

were did you buy this from?
I'm quite curious about this myself... I looked and saw that they had them on eBay, but I'm not sure if there's another place to get one of these tablets... How does it work for non-gaming/more normal tablet stuff? Does it have an English setting? I'd like to get a tablet sooner or later, but this thing looks like the kind of tablet that I've been hoping for. (Although, this does make me wonder if the Playstation Vita can do normal, non-gaming tablet stuff)

1454670_10151750365880924_903931388_n.jpg

Got this from the Walmart glitch as they call it

Walmart would not ship to store and the manager was no help on price matching even though it said pick up in store.

So we ventured to Target and after a little while we got them to price match.

There was another guy there getting two copies of GTA V too.

Gave one copy of Battlefield to my friend.

http://www.willgoo.com/jxd-s7800b-game-pad-quad-core-rockchip-3188-ips-lcd-8gb-p-356.html

It was $170 because I preordered a couple months ago but its $200 cool too. Ha to tell ya the truth I havent done much nongaming stuff on it! Chrome browser works just fine and videos look great, feels like a bigger version of my phone with real buttons. Its got Android 4.2.2., default language was English, 1080p HDMI output, usb port for connecting controllers, microsd card slot, and if youre into it its already got plenty of emulators/games ready to be installed in its Happay Chick app. Even Android games are mapped to the buttons, Dead Trigger was waaaay better!

Battlestations Midway and Sonic Mega Collection $10. 

Truman Show is one of my favorite movies. It was a for $1, couldn't resist. 

Minna na Pokemon, GETTO da ze!!

20131110_212708-1.jpg

20131110_212202-1.jpg

20131110_212108-1.jpg

Got these during TRU's B1G1 40% Off on Pokemon stuff on Saturday. Most of the TCG cards came from the Starters boxsets, which are really nice and includes a Legendary Treasures booster. You can't see it too well in the pic, but the Reverse Holo cards have changed too. Now, instead of the elemental symbols, the holo design is an actual picture. In Cinccino card, for example, the holo design is of a bow with lace on it. Combine that with the new packaging for the XY collector's stuff and Nintendo is really taking the whole "Beauty" thing really far.

Figured it was time to upgrade my AV Receiver, with a new generation of gaming starting for me on Nov 22nd, so I took a trip to Best Buy and picked this up for $380 or so after tax open box. It is a Harman/Kardon AVR 1710. Very happy with it so far. Much better sound then the Samsung I had been using and works great with my Boston Speakers. Nice having 6 HDMI inputs as well. 

ir06gcP.jpg

I hope it's been cleaned since you posted the pic. I can't imagine anyone being okay with all those handprints, and smudges from an open box item. XD

Get the windex ready! Stat!
Didn't realize it was that bad until I took the picture haha. Cleaned it up since then.

20131111_150232-1.jpg

From FYE. Downton Abbey had $54 on the sticker, but it rang up $45. After the Backstage Pass discount it became $40.

20131111_150410-1.jpg

From Best Buy. My Mystery RZ GC was $5 and I had $20 already, so I decided to get these two since they were on sale. Well, the cashier, who was new, wasn't paying attention to the screen since she didn't know how to do RZ certs and missed that Continuum didn't scan in the register. Even the vet cashier next to her missed that. Used $10 in certs and got both for $6. Yay.

Figured it was time to upgrade my AV Receiver, with a new generation of gaming starting for me on Nov 22nd, so I took a trip to Best Buy and picked this up for $380 or so after tax open box. It is a Harman/Kardon AVR 1710. Very happy with it so far. Much better sound then the Samsung I had been using and works great with my Boston Speakers. Nice having 6 HDMI inputs as well.

ir06gcP.jpg
What exactly are the benefits of having HDMI in receivers? Just curious. I have an older Pioneer 6.1 receiver. Not sure if I want to upgrade since I'm getting a ps4.

What exactly are the benefits of having HDMI in receivers? Just curious. I have an older Pioneer 6.1 receiver. Not sure if I want to upgrade since I'm getting a ps4.
As far as I'm aware, you need HDMI in order to make use of all the fancy HD audio codecs that they use these days. This is more a factor for blu-ray movies, but maybe games make use of some of these, too? HDMI just keeps iterating and advancing, so it certainly won't be a bad idea to make the jump and become current.

2n06cdk.jpg

Fus1on controller from Best Buy clearance.

Vita and accessories (cables not shown) purchased used for $130.00. 

The Vita both looks and operates like new and considering it came with a 4GB card I can understand why. Needless to say I'll be upgrading to a larger size but in the meantime I'll be transferring between the Vita and PS3.

2n06cdk.jpg

Fus1on controller from Best Buy clearance.

Vita and accessories (cables not shown) purchased used for $130.00.

The Vita both looks and operates like new and considering it came with a 4GB card I can understand why. Needless to say I'll be upgrading to a larger size but in the meantime I'll be transferring between the Vita and PS3.
How much did you pay for the Fus1on controller?

Yeah I bought it mostly for an upgrade in sound quality over my other receiver. The biggest benefit is definitely the decoding of DTS-HD master audio and Dolby True HD. Both carry 7 channels of audio on a lot of blurays and it's awesome listening to them. Like being in a theater.

You really won't see much else if your not a big movie buff, you can play most games in Dolby digital but your pioneer would do that with an optical audio cable. It is nice being able to switch right between the HDMI ins. Also my new Harman/Kardon outputs all channels on HDMI so the regular composite in comes out over HDMI so no switching on the TV is required.

Sorry if it's a bit jumbled. Typed it out on my phone.

CoD: Ghosts Hardened Edition Unboxing. I never have very nice things to say about these games or the series, but this is a fairly nice little CE. Also, it feels kind of funny to have PS4 games with no PS4!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6mGrvmWzXA

20131112_181937-1.jpg

Picked up a pack of Pokemon TCG Plasma Blast and got both these in one pack:

20131112_181824-1.jpg

I have to say, I normally dislike the 3D art and the Team X cards, but I LOVE the Team Plasma cards.

Picked up a 3ds XL earlier this month ($139... Whoops) along with Paper Mario Sticker Star ($8) from Best Buy.

9EB435CC-2DFD-4C2E-A389-80C86194A56B-810-000000F04A54ECB2_zps8b8b6309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back