DEAD WiFi Vita $180 at amazon

Keeping powder dry until BF. Although I don't know why - there really aren't enough (any?) must - have games for this. I guess I need therapy.

hopefully the memory card lower the price, current one its just overpriced, plus the fact that 64gb card its around the corner

Keeping powder dry until BF. Although I don't know why - there really aren't enough (any?) must - have games for this. I guess I need therapy.
The Vita is an awesome machine if you have an eclectic and varied taste in games and genres. I enjoy playing almost everything and I love my Vita. If you're just interested in playing bigger marque titles, the Vita doesn't have nearly enough original content to justify a purchase.

From top to bottom I'd honestly argue that the Vita has a better game lineup than the 3DS. However, the 3DS has had huge support from Nintendo and has some absolute killers at the top of their list (Zelda, Mario, Pokemon, and spinoffs of those franchises) and the Vita has almost nothing to compete with that. Vita exclusives like Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, and Gravity Rush are very good games, but there's no way those games can compete with the core Nintendo franchises.

I don't understand if anyone is on the fence about the Vita at this price.

I bought the early bird bundle pack at launch for $350 and I don't regret it one bit!

This is a really good deal for the PS Vita. I got my back at Gamescom when it was announced that it got a price cut. If you have PS+ you really don't have to buy any Vita games cause each month you get free games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Killzone, Persona 4, and Gravity Rush are all top notch IMO. But yeah, you should wait for BF to buy one cause I'm sure they'll be bundle deals for around the same price.

Nothing has beat the Amazon deal on last years Black Friday but this is still a great price. Im sure the Walking Dead one will be on sale too. Awesome device when you use it. Im really enjoying Batman on Vita aswell.

Nothing has beat the Amazon deal on last years Black Friday but this is still a great price. Im sure the Walking Dead one will be on sale too. Awesome device when you use it. Im really enjoying Batman on Vita aswell.
Yep, wait til black friday. That bundle last year was a pretty crazy deal, glad I got mine then.

I would expect at least a $180 bundle, with something considerably cheaper likely as the MSRP was still $250 last year.

Killzone, Persona 4, and Gravity Rush are all top notch IMO. But yeah, you should wait for BF to buy one cause I'm sure they'll be bundle deals for around the same price.
Thanks. I like Killzone on consoles so hopefully that will click with me. I passed on the BF bundle last year. Tempting, but it was white, and once you go...

Yep, wait til black friday. That bundle last year was a pretty crazy deal, glad I got mine then.

I would expect at least a $180 bundle, with something considerably cheaper likely as the MSRP was still $250 last year.
I was thinking around 150-170. It really depends on the value they add.

I too am glad I grabbed the AC bundle. Sold my PS All Star for 15 and my 4 gb memory card for $10 so paid about $155 for the bundle (still have AC). It seems the recent changes werent that great on the Vita. I really like some of the download games and PS+. Again though I love the graphics/HD look games come off with on that big screen.

I love my Pikachu 3DS XL and the games for it but specs-wise the Vita wins.

Deal is over, now we probably have to wait till black friday for another vita discount.
Even so, $20 of 200 for a Vita isnt THAT great with the Walking Dead bundle being 199 on Amazon. Even if you count the download as $10 then you are really saving $10. I think Sony will push alot for the Vita with the PS4 and would not be surprised by a $150 price/value (whether its credit/giftcard or just straight up price) on the Walking Dead bundle.

I would pick up this version and ignore the one that just came out in Japan...that basically a gimped version.
Thats what I meant by the changes to the Vita. I had read some of the changed involved the screen? I love the way games like Spelunky and Guacamelee look on it so I hope its not something huge to stop the support of it.

I would pick up this version and ignore the one that just came out in Japan...that basically a gimped version.

Thats what I meant by the changes to the Vita. I had read some of the changed involved the screen? I love the way games like Spelunky and Guacamelee look on it so I hope its not something huge to stop the support of it.
It is not a gimped system. The only change that might be viewed as a negative is the screen but it appears to be an improvement in almost every other way. From this review, it doesn't seem like something that would bother me too much. I think it would matter most to people that already had the original and compared them, but not so much to a new owner of the thing. Ignorance is bliss. Change to USB from their proprietary port and better battery life beat the move to an LCD screen to me

It is not a gimped system. The only change that might be viewed as a negative is the screen but it appears to be an improvement in almost every other way. From this review, it doesn't seem like something that would bother me too much. I think it would matter most to people that already had the original and compared them, but not so much to a new owner of the thing. Ignorance is bliss. Change to USB from their proprietary port and better battery life beat the move to an LCD screen to me
I'm still on the fence. I might get the newer Vita and a Vita TV. So OLED, may not be worth the trade off of a better battery.

bread's done
Back