- - - - -

OTT Down the Toilet: What Now?

#31 MusicNoteLess   empty CAGiversary!   8880 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

MusicNoteLess

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Nexus 5 should be in my hands by this time tomorrow. :whee:

#32 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

Nexus 5 should be in my hands by this time tomorrow. :whee:

Mine too. My case should be here as well. 

#33 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

http://gizmodo.com/n...ally-1458003288

This review made me happy Music The Notes.

#34 munch   la tête de CAG CAGiversary!   19458 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:01 AM

Metal Gear in the Spring is making the decision to cancel my PS4 pre-order harder.

Is there anything special to the first edition? If not, then wait.

#35 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

Is there anything special to the first edition? If not, then wait.

Pretty much.

Even so, it's not out for another what... 5-6 months?  
Is there any reason to believe that a ps4/xbone console won't be available the day it releases?

I've always played much more competitively with a mouse and keyboard anyways- with a controller I am mediocre at best. I was actually stunned when Nintendo regressed with a symmetric layout last then and again this gen with the popularity the wavebird had- I've ranted about this before but it seems to be a step backwards in terms of ergonomics for the grown-up gamer demographic.

Regressed for you, maybe.  Luckily, not so for me... while I don't have a huge preference with the stick placement so much as button quality/button placement/trigger design, etc.

That said, you've got to remember, on the average, I think the average Japanese gamer has smaller hands than an American gamer* (like 96% of all statistics, I'm pulling this out of left field... however, I think there's some truth to it).
Think about it.  Sony?  Japanese company.  Nintendo?  Japanese company.  Microsoft?  American company.
It's no surprise that Microsoft previously captured the American gamer demographic by trying to cater specifically to them.

#36 SneakyPenguin   Agent of SHIELD CAGiversary!   16948 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

SneakyPenguin

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:57 AM

Metal Gear in the Spring is making the decision to cancel my PS4 pre-order harder.

Whaaaaaaaa!?

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#37 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5337 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I need to get a new PS3 Dualshock. Mine's had far too many throws and drops. L2 button doesnt work any more. I've never had any problem with the thumb stick placement. And I have big hands. (Large to XL gloves, usually). Of course, I don't play too many FPS.

My couch to 5k training is going pretty shitty. Wife will probably blow me away when we do our 5k fun run in December.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#38 Rocko   Hurm. CAGiversary!   38771 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

Having not used Android since an entry level phone with 2.2, I played with a newer Nexus or Galaxy at Best Buy the other day and really liked it.  Split screen is excellent.

#39 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:22 PM

No talk of Ghosts? C'mon, surely only OTT CAG frequenters are filling the top 5 of the leaderboards.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#40 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Having not used Android since an entry level phone with 2.2, I played with a newer Nexus or Galaxy at Best Buy the other day and really liked it.  Split screen is excellent.

Yeah, it's come a long way -- I have a galaxy S3 and like it a lot (but split screen isn't that useful on it... not a lot of my apps support it and the 4.8" screen is pretty small for that).  

#41 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:18 AM

When even Trash is done with COD, you know that shit is dying.

#42 FloodyFloats   Cagtastic CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

FloodyFloats

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

Tried to approach a girl but she had a bf so that was a bust.

In didn't even noticed COD came out. I guess college does that to you.

#43 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

You get to Fuck with your phone yet notes? Shit is pretty nice. Just got mine activated and my e-mail accounts synced.

#44 MusicNoteLess   empty CAGiversary!   8880 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

MusicNoteLess

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

COD slipped under the radar for me. I might get it if I decide to impulsively buy an xbone or PS4 at launch. Only reason to buy a console for me is killer instinct, and even then that's not much of a reason.

#45 MusicNoteLess   empty CAGiversary!   8880 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

MusicNoteLess

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:35 AM

You get to Fuck with your phone yet notes? Shit is pretty nice. Just got mine activated and my e-mail accounts synced.

UPS likes to Fuck with me and always delivers my packages last around 9pm. Shit is infuriating.

#46 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:28 AM

COD slipped under the radar for me. I might get it if I decide to impulsively buy an xbone or PS4 at launch. Only reason to buy a console for me is killer instinct, and even then that's not much of a reason.

I agree about KI.  And even if it was somehow a more convincing reason, there's always the worry about some of the rumours (CBOAT stuff) and the 180s they pulled on DRM and the like... I always thought the series should be revived, but it's really not looking like it's for me any more. :(

#47 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:32 AM

UPS likes to Fuck with me and always delivers my packages last around 9pm. Shit is infuriating.

They do that shit to me too. I usually get my shit at like 7. I live a mile from their distribution facility.

#48 munch   la tête de CAG CAGiversary!   19458 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:25 PM

Anybody order from those wal mart deals? I got a controller and, hopefully, a new car stereo.

#49 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10343 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

A Rare Frosty appears!!!!

:wave:

__

I too am undecided as to whether or not Im keeping my XB1/PS4 pre-orders, and just getting a 27" 1440P monitor, since I just did the whole PC upgrade: 

Windows 7 (Hooray!)

i7-4930K Extreme Edition - Ivy Bridge

16Gb RAM

2 - GTX 760's (SLI)

4TB HD (Raid0) - I probably went on the cheap here.  Needed the space, not the speed of a SSD.

Blu-Ray Drive

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#50 munch   la tête de CAG CAGiversary!   19458 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I say monitor. You can always run a long cable or something to play a game on the couch. 

#51 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

That is a nice PC. I got one of the monoprice monitors from massdrop and it is beautiful. I would wait for them to do a deal on that one unless you want to overclock,Samsung panel, or want a matte finish.

#52 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Unless there's exclusives you want day one on either system, go for the monitor.

#53 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10343 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:42 PM

I say monitor. You can always run a long cable or something to play a game on the couch. 

I have one of those 360 PC Dongles thst lets me use my controller on the PC.  Steam Big Picture Mode. :whee:

That is a nice PC. I got one of the monoprice monitors from massdrop and it is beautiful. I would wait for them to do a deal on that one unless you want to overclock,Samsung panel, or want a matte finish.

Did you hear about the new nVidia G-Sync tech that the ASUS monitors are going to be releasing?  Said to eliminate screen tearing:

http://www.extremete...onize-pc-gaming

I might wait for this.

Unless there's exclusives you want day one on either system, go for the monitor.

I'm leaning that way...there's just nothing that grabs me on either launch.  The Order 1066 is the only exclusive on the PS4 Im looking forward to.  Titanfall is going to the PC, so the XB1 is rendered useless at this point.

I was hoping I'd have a reason to use (*cough* open *cough*) my PSVita.  Maybe I'll give that to Number84 for Christmas now.

How's Mrs. Frosty? 

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#54 corrosivefrost   I created this world and you can't keep me here. CAGiversary!   39419 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

corrosivefrost

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

I have one of those 360 PC Dongles thst lets me use my controller on the PC.  Steam Big Picture Mode. :whee:

I'm leaning that way...there's just nothing that grabs me on either launch.  The Order 1066 is the only exclusive on the PS4 Im looking forward to.  Titanfall is going to the PC, so the XB1 is rendered useless at this point.

I was hoping I'd have a reason to use (*cough* open *cough*) my PSVita.  Maybe I'll give that to Number84 for Christmas now.

How's Mrs. Frosty? 

I have one of those too.  You might have sold it to me.

However, I just bought a DS4 to use with PC, I think it should be here tonight -- I'll have to find something to give it a shot with just so I can test it out.

I'm sort of the same in terms of launches -- KI is the only thing remotely interesting to me on Xbone and even then, I'm not a fan of the direction they're taking it, it seems.  PS4 has Killzone: Shadowfall, but I have my Killzone itch scratched by Killzone: Mercenary on my Vita... which leaves... nothing? ;)

Speaking of Vita, you should open that Vita and play with it.  It's an exceptional piece of HW, IMO.

#55 MusicNoteLess   empty CAGiversary!   8880 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

MusicNoteLess

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:35 PM

Sprint will be mailing me a sim card to activate my Nexus 5 in about a week. My corporate store didnt have any sim cards but will restock by Saturday. Kinda bummed, but I guess it doesn't hurt in waiting.

Actually it does hurt. My galaxy S2 feels like an unpolished turd compared to the N5. :(

#56 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Why did you pick the nexus over the g2? Was it a contract thing?

#57 Rocko   Hurm. CAGiversary!   38771 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

I really don't see myself getting a new console for at least a year.  Too much left to do on the PS3, and I'm caught up on handhelds.

#58 CaseyRyback   Your New Nightmare! Super Moderators   24093 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

CaseyRyback

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Those gamestop tablet deals are pretty good. Got my nephew a Nexus 7 for Christmas, and I have a memo pad smart on hold.

#59 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:25 AM

Tried to approach a girl but she had a bf so that was a bust.

In didn't even noticed COD came out. I guess college does that to you.

Since when should that stop you? Survival of the fittest out there, if he can't protect his goodies he doesn't deserve them. :rofl:

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#60 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   5337 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

probably shouldn't be drinking coffee at 5 o'clock at night. going to need to chase this with some alcohol later in order to fall asleep.

I think i really regret buying this Dell Inspirtion laptop. Too many dropped internet connections. And my only customer support options are phone or live chat. Apparently email isn't a choice.

MC-2SD-Out.png<