Possible Amazon b2g1 Target match

Is this a cable news station? Make the post when the deal is actually available, not when there's a possibility it might happen.

Is this a cable news station? Make the post when the deal is actually available, not when there's a possibility it might happen.
Well, people like to know ahead of time. Similar to how we know what will be in the Sunday paper before we can get in on those deals or how we knew about GameStops BF deals a month ahead of time. Furthermore, by getting this hyped up... it in a lot of ways can force Amazons hand. Like Germany I believe has a B2G1 promo, so anything can happen.

This is the response Amazon sent me a few days ago:

Hello, 

I understand that you'd like us to match the promotion of Target for PlayStation 4 video games. I realize you have a choice of retailers, and I thank you for choosing Amazon. 

While we're planning a variety of special discounts and other promotional offers, I'm unable to share these details. I encourage you to check back in the next few weeks. Any special offers will be advertised throughout our website.

We consistently offer competitive prices and promotions on everything we carry; however, the promotions on our website are subject to change. While the Amazon.com website has accurate information about prices and promotion, we don't honor prices or savings posted without our permission on other websites. (I do hope that you'll understand this.) 

To read more about our pricing, please visit our Help pages: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=468502%C2

As my colleague previously stated, though we can't match every promotions reported,  I really wanted that this will be properly heard this time. 

Upon thorough processing, I've already passed your concern to the appropriate people in the company so this will be heard and will be valued as a strong feedback--I know they'll want to hear about this. It is always important for us to hear how customers react to all aspects of shopping at Amazon.com. 

Strong customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the selection and service we provide. 

If in case that you wanted to give additional feedback and suggestions, let us know using the link below and rest assured that your concerns will be considered as a strong feedback. 

Please visit the following link to provide the information we requested: 

You can also use the link below and either choose "Phone" or "Chat" option to contact us through phone or via live chat: 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html%C2

We hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,
Jovan R.

Sounds to me like a CSR might have revealed some info he or she wasn't supposed to, so they sent a second email to try to "fix" their mistake.  I count this as promising.  :)

Amazon started to axe the BxGx and % off promotions a few years ago. Last time I can remember a promotion that wasn't tied to just one or two games was when the VIta launched.

Edit: And before that they had those sort of deals fairly frequently (not just B2G1 but B1G1 50% off, etc.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon generally always runs a B2G1 when other stores do it. But then they limit the selection so it's not as good a deal when they have nothing you actually want.

Amazon generally always runs a B2G1 when other stores do it. But then they limit the selection so it's not as good a deal when they have nothing you actually want.
They used to. They haven't the last several times I we've had B2G1 promotions at B&M stores

bread's done
Back