* * * * - 6 votes

Target offering $200 gift card for any iPad which can be used on anything in-store. YMMV.

#241 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4936 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

Just remember the iPad mini is housing the exact same specs as the iPad 2. As someone who just sold my launch iPad 2, it's a great tablet but it was beginning to show its age. Xcom ran fairly well on it, but the graphics were muddy and I believe textures were lower res than the retina version to allow the 2 to run it. Also, Square already released a game (Deus Ex) which didn't initially support the ipad 2, with support only being added in a few weeks later. What all of this means is that the ipad 2 and therefore original ipad mini hardware is going to be left behind within the next 6 months or less. Soon there will be releases that simply won't have any support. I would save the money, as tempting as the current deals are and hold out for a retina model, be it air or mini, buying an original mini right now would be like going out to buy a PSP. Just my two cents.

#242 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5846 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

I get what you're saying, etcrane, except the PSP doesn't run upwards of $400. Matter of fact, I still play mine. The reason I like the iPad is that the apps are so cheap, but Apple devices are such a huge money sink.

The iPad Retina was like $549 when I looked at it earlier, and that is a lot of scratch to me even with a $40 gift card. It might be better to wait until Black Friday since no stores near me take trade-ins and I can't find a cheap GameStop iPad to flip.

#243 Momouchi   Drowning in backlog CAGiversary!   2621 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

I can confirm that you can buy Visa giftcards with the trade-in card. Just swipe it like a credit card, don't show it to them. It will go through with no trouble but I have heard that some cashiers assume it won't work and won't let you try, hence don't show it to them.

#244 Chris4608   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   33 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

I am so glad about this promo.  the guy let me trade in my iPad 2 16gb with a crack in the corner for $200 be trying to get rid of it for a good price. 

#245 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

I get what you're saying, etcrane, except the PSP doesn't run upwards of $400. Matter of fact, I still play mine. The reason I like the iPad is that the apps are so cheap, but Apple devices are such a huge money sink.

The iPad Retina was like $549 when I looked at it earlier, and that is a lot of scratch to me even with a $40 gift card. It might be better to wait until Black Friday since no stores near me take trade-ins and I can't find a cheap GameStop iPad to flip.

If you're looking on the site, you're not going to find stores with a Mobile section. They took that function down the day the deal started. Call your store/s. Today is that last day for the deal.

#246 stuntrogue   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   172 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

stuntrogue

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:35 PM

If your in san Jose, don't go to Oakridge mall they are out of trade cards.

#247 zaxxon2000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

zaxxon2000

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:46 AM

Flipped 2 this week. Very good promo.

#248 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2776 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:54 AM

Looks like I missed this promo. Was anybody able to trade in an iPad with a major amount of dead pixels? My iPad 1 turns on and has no scratches, but there is huge bar of dead pixels in the middle.

#249 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

Ahh just missed this promo, really wanted to shift my GS credit so I could've gotten in on that BF 3DS XL deal. 

#250 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13138 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 10 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Really bummed that my Target mobile was literally closed the entire fucking week so I couldn't get in on this. Waste of my time and GS credit.

#251 aFrostyONE   Grumpy Old Year 1 player... get off my server! CAGiversary!   3064 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

aFrostyONE

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

This is priceless... Decide to hold off on getting rid of my og iPad and today I get a message to upgrade the uverse  app or else.

Of course can't since the os isn't supported.

Guess I gotta channel-surf like my forefathers :razz:

#252 VendettaXBL   Hunter Master Race CAGiversary!   7495 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

VendettaXBL

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

Thanks CAG.  Traded in my G1 iPad on Saturday.  Most of Denver was sold out of the white 32GB Air but I found one at a Target on my drive home from Denver. :D  Very glad I upgraded!

#253 @FIF   Salty Dog CAGiversary!   2058 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

Mobile guy at my target was packing up iPads as I checked out B2G1 games. He had 8 boxes full of Gen 1's! 150 or more.

They're going to regret this promo.

#254 sodapopinski   CAGin' Since '06 CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

sodapopinski

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

The Target Black Friday ad features a $100 gift card with the purchase of any Ipad. Like many others, I upgraded to an Ipad Air this week thanks to this awesome promo. It seems Target doesn't do price adjustments for Black Friday prices, but what about a return/rebuy? Those of us that upgraded are all within the return window. I don't see anything about a restocking fee on Target's website. The only issue would be if they could sell the product right back to us after the return. 

Anyone have some insight on this?

#255 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14163 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:24 AM

Really bummed that my Target mobile was literally closed the entire fucking week so I couldn't get in on this. Waste of my time and GS credit.

Just return the tablet to GS. It should still be boxed so get your credit back. Just say it was a gift and someone else got them a better one.

#256 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13138 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

Just return the tablet to GS. It should still be boxed so get your credit back. Just say it was a gift and someone else got them a better one.

I did, it was just annoying that I couldn't take advantage of the deal.