* * * * - 60 votes

Best Buy Gamers Club Unlocked: $120 for 2 years ($30 for current/recent members), 20% off new games, extends to current members!

#4081 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:17 AM

He had to also scan your rewards card, that is why it is linked.  Coupon email is just a barcode anybody can use.

since he said he didn't have to produce nothing im thinking the cashier probably asked him for his phone number and that is what linked it

#4082 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

I'm willing to give someone $10 in amazon credit for a coupon. PM me if you are down, I'd like to get on board but I'm not chancing it on the 10th.

#4083 JakeM17   Semper Fi CAGiversary!   832 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Someone scanned the coupon and gave me it and i printed it and redeemed it in stores no problem. You just give them your account info and they scan the coupon and done. Just make sure they follow the instructions on the coupon.

#4084 MIX_MASTER_ICE   The Night Stalker CAGiversary!   1971 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

He had to also scan your rewards card, that is why it is linked.  Coupon email is just a barcode anybody can use.

No he didn't. I was even getting my RZ card out of my wallet and asked him I he needed it and he said no.

#4085 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3607 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Maybe he saw your email address on the coupon and looked it up that way.

#4086 gothamhunter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   96 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

gothamhunter

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:51 PM

Wanting to buy an email coupon.  PM me your price.  I already have one of the mailed ones.  Will be back in a few hours to check PMs.

#4087 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4089 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Dumb question guys- I still have my emailed coupon from last fall that says it expires 12/31/13 think it might still work???

#4088 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3617 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:45 PM

My $30 email coupon has a new owner. Thanks for all the offers.

#4089 AvengedBacklog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   13144 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

AvengedBacklog

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

if anybody still has a $30 coupon let me know. 

#4090 MIX_MASTER_ICE   The Night Stalker CAGiversary!   1971 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

MIX_MASTER_ICE

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:59 PM

Maybe he saw your email address on the coupon and looked it up that way.

That may be a possibility. I'm in there a lot and see the same people often for in-store pick up purchases, but I can't imagine any of them remember my account number or anything off the top of their head

#4091 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2119 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

Dumb question guys- I still have my emailed coupon from last fall that says it expires 12/31/13 think it might still work???

Probably not. You could ask bestbuy cs for a newer coupon, but as far as I know the latest ones expire tomorrow. You're probably out of luck.

#4092 ChibiBibliophile   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

ChibiBibliophile

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

I have a $30 email coupon that expires tomorrow. I prefer Paypal or Amazon. PM me offers.

Sold!

#4093 ThunderChunky62   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   983 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

ThunderChunky62

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Still have my $30 coupon to get rid of. PM me

#4094 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   565 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

If you call Best Buy customer service, ask for the digital downloads department, then ask them if they can check to see if you're eligible for unlocked 2 year/$30 promo e-mail they'll send you a new coupon with the 2/10 expiration date. 

I had originally received a coupon with the 12/31 expiration date.  I called them today and they instantly sent me a new coupon.  The person even stayed on the phone with me to make sure I received the e-mail (which is good, because I didn't get it the first time he tried).

#4095 ncibob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   187 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

I have an extra coupon, used one last week. Are people still able to stack them and get 4 years out of this by using a two different coupons?

#4096 caca13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   77 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

I  have my $30 coupon. It is a the one from the email. PM me your offer.

#4097 LegendaryEnigma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   165 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

LegendaryEnigma

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Would someone be so kindly to give me a 30$ coupon?

#4098 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Weird : I redeemed $30 code, verified as unlocked by 3 reps, and then last rep said im not

Fellas,

Ive heard some werid crap happeniing with their gamers club unlocked $30/2 year renewal promotion.

heres my story: after 4 hours, i finally got it redeemed. i verified i was unlocked with 3 different reps because each time i tried to make an order i got disconnected, and each department was clueless as to what the next one was to do.

so i make my order, buy a new game, got 20% off total, but then i got told im not unlocked.

whats up here?

I was verified by 3 different reps, and finally, when i make an order with the 20% off benefit, which obviously checked out, im told im not actually unlocked....?????

now i asked the guy who assured me i was definitely unlocked that there is a check by name showing that i am unlocked, and i asked him if theresa way i can see it or verify it, and he said there isnt, but he assured me i am, there is a check showing i am unlocked on my acccount, and that the price would reflect it, which it did.

yet somehow, i was told by someone else im not unlocked.

HOW DO YOU VERIFY THAT YOU ARE UNLOCKED!!!!!!! lol??????? manic episodes and inconsistent information are incongruous

Please share any info pertinent.

Mike seems to be AFK, but I got my code and did the membership, made an order w/20% off, so i dont know why the rep said that.

Thanks guys

#4099 Papito208   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   53 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Papito208

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

Crap I don't have my 30 dollar coupon...I'd pay 5 bucks for one

#4100 mitch079   Mumm-Ra shares with no one! CAGiversary!   12768 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Weird... 

Go to mybestbuy.com

Login

Look in the upper right under your name and account #.  It will show your elite/elite plus status, if applicable, and below it, your gamers club status.  If it doesn't show Gamers Club Unlocked, then you're not.

#4101 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

Weird : I redeemed $30 code, verified as unlocked by 3 reps, and then last rep said im not

Fellas,

Ive heard some werid crap happeniing with their gamers club unlocked $30/2 year renewal promotion.

heres my story: after 4 hours, i finally got it redeemed. i verified i was unlocked with 3 different reps because each time i tried to make an order i got disconnected, and each department was clueless as to what the next one was to do.

so i make my order, buy a new game, got 20% off total, but then i got told im not unlocked.

whats up here?

I was verified by 3 different reps, and finally, when i make an order with the 20% off benefit, which obviously checked out, im told im not actually unlocked....?????

now i asked the guy who assured me i was definitely unlocked that there is a check by name showing that i am unlocked, and i asked him if theresa way i can see it or verify it, and he said there isnt, but he assured me i am, there is a check showing i am unlocked on my acccount, and that the price would reflect it, which it did.

yet somehow, i was told by someone else im not unlocked.

HOW DO YOU VERIFY THAT YOU ARE UNLOCKED!!!!!!! lol??????? manic episodes and inconsistent information are incongruous

Please share any info pertinent.

Mike seems to be AFK, but I got my code and did the membership, made an order w/20% off, so i dont know why the rep said that.

Thanks guys

sign into your my best buy account here http://my.bestbuy.com and in the top right side it will tell you what memberships you have

#4102 Bii   *does the robot* CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:11 AM

Instead of risking using the coupon tomorrow, I decided to drive half an hour to my nearest Best Buy and used my $30/2 year coupon. The cashier scanned my Rewards card and then the coupon...only it zero'd out. She must've pressed the total button before selecting the membership(?) and it spit out a receipt saying the coupon was removed. When she tried to ring up the transaction again, it said the coupon had already been activated. She called for assistance and, luckily, the next guy that helped us out knew how to fix it. He voided the previous receipt and ran the transaction again but this time, adding the GCU item to the transaction and voila, $30. This will easily pay for itself come March (Titanfall, Diablo III, FFX/X-2 HD, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends!) and Titanfall has a $10 preorder rewards certificate promo too!

#4103 doi   Hedge Knight CAGiversary!   114 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

oh boy! I forgot. HOpe it still works tomorrow  :pray:

#4104 chrislisting   CAGiversary! Banned   1557 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

chrislisting

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:36 AM

I got Watchdog, Elder scrolls online , and dynasty, $48/piece + $10x3 reward rebate promotion + tax >>> $155 -($30 rebates) (-$100 gift card used)>>= $25 outta pocket

[....then when receipt is printed/call up - ($20 gift card i couldnt use as partial payment) >>>

=$5 outta pocket for Elder scrolls online, watchdog, and dynasty.....

Good enough for me, and the year lol

thanks for the information to help guys, it was really nice of you to explain it to me, so my thanks to everyone again :)

--------------EDIT: ALTHO THE ORDER DID GO THROUGH, I PAID 54 OUTTA POCKET AND THEN HAD TO BUY THATS RIGHT REPURCHASE GCU BECAUSE APPARENTLY SOMEONE SCREWED UP AND NOW THEY HAVE AN OPEN CASE TO SEE IF THEY CAN REFUND MY SECOND $30 RENEWAL----------------

#4105 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2171 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:03 AM

I wouldn't mind trying out a $30 coupon tomorrow if someone's not going to use theirs.

#4106 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

Think I might sign up for this. The downside is my closest BB is about 35 minutes away. So I would probably do most of my shopping online. How do preordered work on Bestbuy.com? If I preorder a game, will I receive it the day it's released? Or will it ship the day it's released?

#4107 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2477 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:05 AM

I'm not quite convinced yet, but I think this was BB's way to get customers to limit their own purchase quantities. Instead of paying employees to monitor that stuff, they make their customers pay to monitor themselves. It seems the weird sale/clearance prices came with the new GCU. Stacked with the 20% discount, it brings games to a price at which they would have wanted to sell/clearance the game anyway. But customers can only purchase a qty of 3, lest they get banned.

#4108 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

All they need to do is write a loop into the program that stops the discount after 3 of the same name, but they don't want to do that.

#4109 reaperztoll   Banned Banned   3366 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

reaperztoll

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:42 AM

I  have my $30 coupon. It is a the one from the email. PM me your offer.

PM'ed you

#4110 phantomphoenix   Make It Loud! CAGiversary!   2477 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

phantomphoenix

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

All they need to do is write a loop into the program that stops the discount after 3 of the same name, but they don't want to do that.

Exactly, but why do that when they can make us pay for it?