Who's Excited To Get A Wii U?!

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
I'm on pins and needles for the Black Friday Wii U sales! :D

So far I have(Total cost: $40+ thanks to Best Buy!):

New Super Mario Bros U pre-owned($10......... GCU$10off+$10certs)

2 Wii U Pro Controllers($10+$10)

Power A Gaming Essentials Kit($6)

Nerf Armor Gamepad Cover($5)

Really excited to try out that gamepad! I will try to only buy games I'll play/accessories I'll use. I bought sooooooo much 'stuff' for my other consoles. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the WW HD bundle a few days ago. Love it so far. I've been playing Lego Marvel with my daughter, lots of fun. Started WW last night and made it to the first little town, never played the game before. Going to pick up both Bowling and Tennis in the Sports Club when that comes out today and I've heard good things about ZombiU, it's only $24 on Amazon right now.

I just got the WW HD bundle a few days ago. Love it so far. I've been playing Lego Marvel with my daughter, lots of fun. Started WW last night and made it to the first little town, never played the game before. Going to pick up both Bowling and Tennis in the Sports Club when that comes out today and I've heard good things about ZombiU, it's only $24 on Amazon right now.
I've never really been into the Lego games that much. They're fun, but they rarely hold my interest. The Marvel incarnation looks awesome though, would you recommend that as a purchase?

ZombiU is 9.99 used at Gamestop during Black Friday, fyi.

I've never really been into the Lego games that much. They're fun, but they rarely hold my interest. The Marvel incarnation looks awesome though, would you recommend that as a purchase?

Yes, I would. It's definitely the best Lego game I've played so far, but I'm a Marvel guy more than SW, HP, LotR, or Batman. I haven't played the City Undercover, I hear it's good, but I think it's only single player.

Just impulse bought the Mario and Luigi bundle at best buy. Only had one left and seems to be selling out everywhere so figured odds weren't great of getting that bundle if there are any Black Friday deals with gift card or another free game etc. doing the big system update now and then looking forward to checking out the console and game. Also redeemed club Nintendo coins for LTTP.

I cannot believe this game, an Ubisoft game btw, is still $60 new at brick & mortar. Checked BB & Target today. I've been waiting on a cheap new copy.
These are, probably, the cheapest you'll find new(unless a BF deal pops up):

$19.99

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/catalog-product.jsp?prodId=008888187196&utm_medium=cse&utm_source=GoogleBase&KPID=008888187196&gclid=CM2yo53b1roCFSEV7Aod93wAXQ#

$23.49

http://www.amazon.com/ZombiU-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00897Z27C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383965964&sr=8-1&keywords=zombiu+wii+u

I told my self I'd try not collect 'stuff' for this console, but I thought about getting it pre-owned from GS when it's on sale and just remembered I can use a $5 off pre-owned on it.

I cannot believe this game, an Ubisoft game btw, is still $60 new at brick & mortar. Checked BB & Target today. I've been waiting on a cheap new copy.
I know others have offered more viable options, but I saw $19.99 copies of ZombiU at Burlington Coat Factory (along with more Ubisoft Wii U games like Just Dance 4 and Rabbids Land). An odd place to find Wii U games, but I saw them nonetheless.

Not really worth posting a separate thread about since it is probably YMMV, but take it as you will.

I wouldn't mind getting a Wii U, but it'll have to wait a while. Maybe when I eventually get both the Xbox One and PS4 I'll get a Wii U. 

really tempted to get Mario/Luigi bundle with that $25 GC at Target.  i have a 10% off coupon at Target good for anything in the store as well as some GC's so I would be out under $250 altogether.  Any thoughts?

really tempted to get Mario/Luigi bundle with that $25 GC at Target. i have a 10% off coupon at Target good for anything in the store as well as some GC's so I would be out under $250 altogether. Any thoughts?
Personally, I think that's a good deal. Plus, whenever/if you get 3D World, that's REALLY going to show off the gamepad!!!!!!! It's $48 if you have Best Buy's GCU.

Someone bought me the Zelda bundle and I can, finally, breathe. Getting a Wii U was all I thought about! :joystick:

Also, eBay will have $100 Target gift cards for $90. Not sure if there's a limit. That could knock off another $20 by buying 2.

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ebay-blackfriday.shtml

What's the cheapest source for a Wii U Pro Controller? Amazon has it for $45. Would prefer to get one for $40 or less. I did make a price watch at camelcamelcamel, but does it happen to be at  that price anywhere now?

What's the cheapest source for a Wii U Pro Controller? Amazon has it for $45. Would prefer to get one for $40 or less. I did make a price watch at camelcamelcamel, but does it happen to be at that price anywhere now?
White Wii U pro are on clearance at best buy, but very slim chance of finding one now.

Can't believe I, almost, didn't get both Wii U Pro controllers because they're white! Had to push my OCD aside(always knew I was getting the Deluxe Wii U) and suck it up! $10 was too good a deal not to get both! Eventually, I'll find some suitable black skins for them. Maybe a hot pink skin and a black skin, seeing as how my Nerf Armor is hot pink and black.

What's the cheapest source for a Wii U Pro Controller? Amazon has it for $45. Would prefer to get one for $40 or less. I did make a price watch at camelcamelcamel, but does it happen to be at that price anywhere now?
Keep your eye on the Amazon Warehouse Deals thread. I nabbed a 'Like New' black Wii U Pro Controller for $30.xx in October. Basically it was brand new with a small ding in the box.

If you get a Wii U, but you do not get Super Mario 3D World, you are better off just throwing the Wii U in the trash. Make sure you all get it, ok bye!

Just picked up the Mario/Luigi Wii U Bundle..  Wife said I can not open it until xmas.. Not cool....  I just want to play the dang thing..  Good thing I have a huge back log of 3DS games right now.... :)

I'm in the "sort of" category. I'm intrigued by the Wii U and the Mario/Luigi bundle. The problem is that when I look at it I see about 6-10 games that I'd want to buy and then it peters out after that. Those 6-10 games are the standard Nintendo staple and while I'd think they'd be fun I also think I'm buying a whole new system to get the next version of each of those games and then what will fill the shelves at Best Buy and Target will be the standard crap like Ponyz, Pet my Dog, and Whorez (you know - all of those idiot/crap games).

Still, I'm tempted. I really like the New Super Mario series...

I got mine this weekend! I have mixed initial impressions but, in the end, I know that there are about 8-12 games that I'll end up getting for it and those will be good/fun games and I'll be happy.

Basically, the upcoming Nintendo titles won me over.

I don't see myself picking up a XB1 or PS4, not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not my style. I like the more old-school 2D and 3D from a bird's eye view type of games. It's always bugged me with the FPS that I couldn't see around or behind me - also, they typically make me pretty nauseous.

Anyway - The update took about an hour, which isn't a lot of fun, and the Wii->Wii U transfer took about an hour. The stupid Wii Shop channel downloads is horrible. I hate downloading from the Wii Shop. It's so slow and all of your previous purchases are kept in pages of 10 and you have to go back to page one after every download. It's not a good user experience.

I will probably bite on best buys deal this week for Wii U. This will become my default box for Netflix also. Anyone know if while watching TV episodes on Netflix, will the next episode start automatically like the 360 app? Helps a bunch when the kid watches curious george. Thanks.

Ok, finally opened up and played my Wii U here are my thoughts:

Took forever to download any updates that needed to be downloaded.  No biggie but annoying..  

We played 3 players on the Mario game that came with it, I hated I could not use the Game Pad if using more than one player..  Very stupid.. Glad we had 4 Wii remotes so we were ok.  But why can you not use the Gamepad except on single player?

Mario 3D land is a lot of fun.  I am really enjoying the game. 

But I feel like I am playing the Wii still, the graphics are nice but everything else feels like we really never upgraded to the next gen gaming machine..  

Got the Zelda Bundle for Xmas. The updates took forever to download and I have yet to be able to setup a Nintendo Network ID account. All of this is understandable as I'm sure the network was getting hammered yesterday by all the new users. That said Nintendo should have anticipated the server load better.

I'm looking forward to playing a few games with friends and family tonight.

More to come...

Got my wii u in last nite. Same evening the eshop went down. Could not update or transfer my old datA from my wii until about 11pm CT. Glad I finally upgraded. Going to play new super mario u and zombiu before I purchase 3d world.

Can anyone else confirm if the New Super Mario U bundle comes with a Nintendo Pin for the game? Mine did not have one. Also, I do not see any discounts on the eshop for buying the deluxe version. Only discounts I see is if I owned a virtual console game on my original Wii.

bread's done
Back