* * * * - 58 votes

Walmart error? $18 games: GTA V, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Shin Megami Tensei IV, many more (free ship to store)

#3121 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Just checked my orders again.

Nothing else has been cancelled yet and still sits in processing.

#3122 snowmint   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

snowmint

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

Im waiting for my cancellation emails walmart. I have two orders that still say there processing but at this point im not getting them so I want my money back soon from paypal.

#3123 UncleBob  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Truth be told games wise it wasn't that great a deal, I'll get round to playing Diablo 3 and BF4 soonish but I can almost guarantee M&L Dream Team will be less that $18 somewhere before I get round to playing it.

It was more the electronics that made this deal.

Yup. As soon as I started seeing the Electronics "deals", I knew there was no way. I knew Walmart.com was supposed to be starting some crazy sale prices soon, and $18 for a $30 new release 3DS title (Regular Show) seemed pretty 'crazy', but still within the realm of possibilities - I didn't suspect much. Then, I came by CAG and saw the other deals... I knew there was no way... so, I gave up then. :D

Although, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted by the 55" 3D LG TV that was in-stock nearby... :D

#3124 barrit   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2042 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Truth be told games wise it wasn't that great a deal, I'll get round to playing Diablo 3 and BF4 soonish but I can almost guarantee M&L Dream Team will be less that $18 somewhere before I get round to playing it.

It was more the electronics that made this deal.

And the anime! It was like $11 for "complete series" blurays.

Anyway.. all 3 of my complete series animes were cancelled. All that is left is the $3 GTA V guide (one order), and the Mass Effect Trilogy (separate order). I'm not very hopeful, but it was worth a try.

#3125 derrtaysouth95   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1473 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

derrtaysouth95

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:11 PM

I just looked at my bank statement and last night it would show the initial charge (withdrawal) and then the refund (deposit).

Now both have fallen off completely but the money is still there.

So not really bothered by it just find it odd they fell off entirely.

#3126 slowpantz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   203 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

slowpantz

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:17 PM

Did in-store pick up and got up:
Mario Kart 7, Luigi's Mansion, Disney Infinity, and Saints Row 4. Thanks OP.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well I for one am satisfied with how Wal-Mar t handled this, I got my apology email and a $10 credit to make amends.  It's not a TV or sound system but, short of honoring deals we knew they wouldn't, this is the next best thing.

Now I just wish my local store would try to make amends like this whenever they screwed up.

#3128 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Come on dude. How is walmart going to get stuff back once it leaves the stores?

This is something they can rectify and they are. Stop being so salty.

Not being salty. Xerox, the EBT processor for Walmart, has a documented process for retailers to follow when there is an EBT outage. Walmart chose, for whatever reason, to not follow that procedure.

#3129 PancakesAreLove   CAG Chef CAGiversary!   5544 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

PancakesAreLove

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

I just got an email from Walmart and it says my 1 monitor is delayed, I ordered rush delivery.  

#3130 FloriDUH JBot   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   860 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

FloriDUH JBot

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

Come on dude. How is walmart going to get stuff back once it leaves the stores?

This is something they can rectify and they are. Stop being so salty.

How is someone coming to checkout with multiple grocery carts filled to the top not a huge warning sign that something is wrong?

As I mentioned in my post, I never expected Walmart to honor those orders from yesterday.

#3131 medman6107   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   78 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

medman6107

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

2 monitors shippes

boom_zpsf8ad33cf.jpg

I still have 8 more orders processing, fed ex tracking shows it was picked up yesterday and left the fed ex sort facility this morning

#3132 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:53 PM

How is someone coming to checkout with multiple grocery carts filled to the top not a huge warning sign that something is wrong?As I mentioned in my post, I never expected Walmart to honor those orders from yesterday.

So Walmart stops them from checking out? Press would have a field day.

I can see the headlines now: Walmart discriminates against lower income customers. Walmart refuses to let ebt users purchase items because there is no way in hell poor ass people like that could be buying shopping carts worth of items.

Walmart execs say miscommunication and tech glitch responsible. Want to reiterate this was not racially or economically motivated. More at 11. Also, how breathing could be killing you.

#3133 rockstarnati   PlayStation 4 Day One Owners Club CAGiversary!   684 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

rockstarnati

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

So Walmart stops them from checking out? I can see the headlines now: Walmart discriminates against lower income customers. Walmart refuses to let ebt users purchase items because there is no way in hell poor ass people like that could be buying shopping carts worth of items.

Dude, shelves were cleared out. Empty. Of course they should have stopped them from checking out. "Sorry, EBT isn't working right now. Come back later." Simple.

#3134 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

Dude, shelves were cleared out. Empty. Of course they should have stopped them from checking out. "Sorry, EBT isn't working right now. Come back later." Simple.

Yeah I totally get that. It's logical. But Walmart isn't logical, they weigh everything against pr and future profits.

I mean Fuck em. I'm not defending them. I just understand why they would do it.

#3135 miget33   texas forever CAGiversary!   65 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Half my order is cancelled, and half is still processing. Just checked Paypal, havent been refunded

#3136 BobTheFlub   Sepulchritude CAGiversary!   219 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

BobTheFlub

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

Wow, my 27" ASUS monitors actually shipped, they're supposed to be arriving tonight. Nvidia 680 got cancelled, Razer Deathadder and the other 45" TV were "delayed", and haven't heard anything about the other games I ordered. Still, I'm happy with just the monitors going through, and definitely with the stuff I picked up instore.

#3137 mewman13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

So I also got the cancellation email from Walmart last night.  As of last night, I had two separate orders.  One was for the Art of Final Fantasy  artbook and another was for the Vizio Soundbar 5.1 Surround system.  As of this morning, the Final Fantasy artbook (which I got for $15 - MSRP at $60) changed from "processing" to "shipped," with a tracking number and everything.  So that was nice.  

However, the Vizio soundbar order (which I was able to grab for $80 - MSRP at $300) still says "processing."  My guess is that this item will be cancelled, but since the order still seems to be alive, I'm still crossing my fingers!

Lucky for you.  I had the artbook, the hyrule historia, and the soundbar all in one order.  They canceled the soundbar last night and the 2 artbooks this morning.

#3138 commandercody83   SAMURAI!!! CAGiversary!   1150 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

commandercody83

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:18 PM

My stepmom ordered 4 of the John Deere power wheel type vehicles that were listed at $29.97 (retail $269-$299) for her and coworkers.

Her other coworkers stumbled onto this earlier during the overnight shift. She said her department ordered about 20 of these total. Within 5 minutes of her order being placed the site went down.

She doesn't expect them to ship but thought it was worth a try.

#3139 Link2999   Demon Lord CAGiversary!   2038 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

Acoustic Electric Guitar order was canceled.

#3140 TuckinPhypo   音楽人 CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

TuckinPhypo

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I would have loved to get a TV.  They went out of stock too fast for me to get to them...

I did get (and picked up last night after I got off work) Saints Row 4, Battlefield 4, and Diablo 3.  I'm good with that.

But I really would have loved to get a TV.  Like a 75 inch one... one so big I would have struggled to find the wall space for it...  :)

#3141 The Dead Texan   Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle CAGiversary!   3718 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

The Dead Texan

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

They canceled my banjo. ;_;

My monitors, headphones, and TV are in limbo, but I think they're about to join Blockbuster in that great big bargain bin in the sky. 

#3142 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14171 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I got in on the action a little later than I wanted to but I did manage to score a $18.03 Battlefield 4 for 360 with in store pick up. No hassle.

I had the day off and I am enjoying the game. I plan to trade up for next gen. Twas a good day.

FYI your only trade up options are AZ & BB as you didn't buy the 360 BF 4 from GS.

#3143 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14171 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Can't complain got Pokemon Y, SR IV, & Diablo 3 (that one is a Christmas present) for $54 plus tax & the Pokemon strat guide for $3 plus tax shipping. Had Injustice CE & Splinter Cell canceled but Luigi's Mansion was still in limbo as of last night.

#3144 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

My "cancelled" monitors just got shipped....  Lets see what happens on Wednesday when I got pick them up in store.

#3145 Tdog987   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Battlefield 4 - picked it up the next morning
Splinter cell - war cancelled by the evening
Pokemon Y - cancelled by the end of the morning
2 monitors - still processing as of 5 min ago

#3146 Tdog987   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   367 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

I work at Walmart and I was talking to my supervisor yesterday when I was picking up BF4...I told her about the glitch. And she said a glitch happened the night before (so Monday night) with laptops being $100, and there were about 20 site to store orders of laptops there Tuesday morning

#3147 ProfessorMicro   Dark Lord of the Sith CAGiversary!   729 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

ProfessorMicro

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

My games, which were previously confirmed for store pickup, have now been cancelled :headache:

#3148 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16273 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Everything being cancelled. All hope is gone!! :whee:

#3149 Zalaki   Worker by night, Gamer by day CAGiversary!   2629 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Got my SMTIV shipped :)

Other stuff still processing :/

#3150 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1992 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

What is smtiv