Check your email. All Killer Instinct characters unlocked for free. XBOX ONE

vwbeetlvr

CAGiversary!
You're a fan of us and we're a fan of you.
We want to show you our appreciation, so we're giving you:

KILLER INSTINCT

We've unlocked all characters so you can hit the ground running.

Watch your inbox on November 22 for instructions on how to claim your free gift.

Don't worry, we'll remind you.

We wouldn't be here without you,
and we know you'll do amazing
things on Xbox One.
Thank you from Xbox Live.
Jump ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got one too. I was going to buy all the characters anyways, so this is great for me. I just hope you don't need to have an X1 on that date to redeem it.

I haven't gotten one yet, but I was planning on buying the $40 version of it anyway. I've been a member of Xbox Live since it was only 1.5 years old, so I should get one. And I've had a 360 since launch and I have a One reserved as well.

I don't think it's a "scam" considering the e-mail is from .

Also, I'm almost 6 years Xbox Live tenure and have 106k gamerscore.

8+ years gold over 160k Gamerscore..guess I'm not "loyal" enough..Grats to all u guys who are getting KI for free and even the xbox one! :)

I've waited for KI to come out for X360 all these years, I want an X1 just for KI, and yet not code (all I got was the stupid Forza 5 DLC car).   But I'm sure MS knew about my KI fascination through their spying activities so it's no surprise, really...

I got one.  8+ years and 101,159 Gamerscore.  I am very pleased with Microsoft on this one.  I was going to buy Killer Instinct on day one but now I don't have to.

I got the email for a Free Xbox One. Their support is saying its fake or they aren't aware of it. I have tried showing them the Twitter posts. GIVE ME MY FREE XBOX ONE

I tried calling the number, but it just goes to the generic Microsoft Store phone tree. Where do I go from there to talk to a PERSON

Got the email for the Killer Instinct characters. I would be pretty pumped about it if I was planning to get a next-gen console anytime soon. :lol: Hopefully it's something that can be redeemed now even if you're not planning to play the game for a long while.

Gold since 2009 and 88K gamerscore if it matters.

Got my free xbox one email.  Support twitter says legit.  Called number and agents acted clueless. Xbox Support twitter said to try again later.

Not sure why people won't believe this is legit.  It comes from a valid Xbox email address.  This makes perfect sense.  Target the hardcore gamers that may be interested in jumping to PS4.

I got the email for the free Killer Instinct Characters. I been on Xbox Live for 9 years since Halo 2 and Rainbow Six Black Arrow. GS 173725.

I also got the email code for the Free download of the Audi in Forza 5.

Pretty happy because I was planning on buying Killer Instinct.

I got one for Forza but the Xbox website will not take the code. Is it not valid till it launches?

Got the KI email, gamerscore is 91000, so threshold is lower than 100k if that's the criteria

Oh wow, they're actually giving you all of the characters? Like they did for Killer Instinct on SNES and Gold on N64? Damn, what's next, a game that's complete when you buy it and doesn't even have DLC?

:roll:

Xbox owners across various regions have received the gift via e-mail. Microsoft has confirmed the promotion is legitimate and said that it targets users with a variety of criteria including Gamerscore and Xbox Live tenure

I don't really care for the game but I'll take the free unlock pack for a free to play game.

Free KI for me too. Xbox Live member since day one on the original xbox. Plus 93k gamerscore. Friend of mine has 356k. He's getting a One with 3 games. Crazy.

Oh wow, they're actually giving you all of the characters? Like they did for Killer Instinct on SNES and Gold on N64? Damn, what's next, a game that's complete when you buy it and doesn't even have DLC?

:roll:
Those games cost a whole lot more than $20 or $40 dollars at release.

This is a MICROSOFT STORE promotion.  I got the email as well called they said it was legit.  The phone number in the email and on microsoftstore.com match.  Someone I know in the UK got it as well and the numbers also match.  They said they would contact me about the free one tomorrow to verify shipment info.

Gold since it launched on the original Xbox. 79k GS. No email.

If anyone DID get it and doesn't want it, let me know!

I have had XBL for 10+ years and my gamer score is about 60k but no email here. Maybe it sepends in gamescore or where you preordered xbox one or if you are an automatic renewal customer for xbl. Beats me.

bread's done
Back