YMMV - Target Is Going To Be Handing Out Coupons For 20% off An Entire In-Store Purchase (Valid 12/1-12/7)

ChunLiBarbie

CAGiversary!
Thanks "thoseguys" on SD!

"Target will be handing out 20% off storewide purchase coupons at checkout to be used from 12/1-12/7.

If you are planning on doing a bunch of Christmas shopping at Target, swing by and pick up one of these coupons and then wait to make your big purchase when this coupon is Valid.

It does limit a few things like Gift cards, Apple, Bose, Video Game Stuff but other than that it appears to be open season. Stack this with RedCard and cartwheel and their should be some awesome savings.

UPDATE:
I am now near certain that these will be handed out at every target on black Friday with every purchase at checkout until they run out of the coupon. Word is that stock of these should be plentiful!"

"Added YMMV to title because it's always possible they change this before black friday and/or not all stores will have stock of the coupon."

Excludes:

Gift Cards, iTunes, Apple, Bose, ALL VIDEO GAMES, PLAYSTATION 4 CONSOLES, XBOX ONE CONSOLES, Target Mobile

Last edited by a moderator:
Other consoles and console accessories are not a part of the exclusions. 

Feels like I've been waiting forever for a Wii U! If I don't see a $240-$250 deal this BF, I am waiting for this coupon!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, something I can't get online on black friday. I guess I will have to leave my house for the first black friday ever. ;)

Thanks Chunlibarbie
Adventure awaits! Lmao. I don't remember if I've ever been to Target on BF. Definitely going for this coupon, whether I find a Wii U deal or not.

Well you might could argue that if they have to specifically call out PS4 and Xone.  It will be great regardless for me. I also was unaware of cartwheel till now, huh...  

Thanks ChunLiBarbie!

Actually this could be great for TV's, entertainment systems and sound systems. 

I might go by Target as soon as it opens, go to checkout with just a piece of candy or something and get my coupon. Hopefully they don't limit you or exclude you for not buying a bunch of stuff.

Best time to grab this will be 3 or 4 am ... after the midnight horde but before the 7 am BF amateurs ... there's always a lul around that time from personal experience.

Best time to grab this will be 3 or 4 am ... after the midnight horde but before the 7 am BF amateurs ... there's always a lul around that time from personal experience.
The best time to get these is right when the store opens. Just grab something cheap and buy it. You'll know you'll get the coupon before everyone else and more importantly before the swarms of people go to checkout.

The best time to get these is right when the store opens. Just grab something cheap and buy it. You'll know you'll get the coupon before everyone else and more importantly before the swarms of people go to checkout.
Only if you have a real reason to be there at opening, because you'll be dealing with the craziest time on BF ... I would venture a guess that because these coupons are designed to have customers come back and spend more money the week after BF, they should be in generous supply throughout the day .. unless this is some sort of 'first 200 customers' type deal.

Only if you have a real reason to be there at opening, because you'll be dealing with the craziest time on BF ... I would venture a guess that because these coupons are designed to have customers come back and spend more money the week after BF, they should be in generous supply throughout the day .. unless this is some sort of 'first 200 customers' type deal.
There is a Target down the street from my Walmart / BestBuy that I'll be shopping at for Black Friday.

Both still check the time the store will open and rush over there. I'm sure there will be swarms of people but those people are not trying to pay as soon as the stores open.

They always say they will have enough... than they only have 10 - 50. I'm going to go as soon as my local Target opens than go home. I don't need the coupon but you never know. Also they know most people will get the most expensive item they can find for these coupons. Doubt they'll give out 200 knowing how much money they will still lose. I have a feeling its going to be what other stores normally do on BF. Advertise great deals and only have 10 at each store.

Hey either way, you'll get it if you believe your strategy is good.

Last year I went at about 11pm or so (they opened at 10) and really wasn't that bad. The mad rush was gone. Maybe a bit of a line to buy something,b ut the aisles weren't bad. Seen busier on Sundays.

If I had known about this coupon before digging into my $200 iPad trade in GC, I might have saved it. This coupon and signing up for Red Card would make the Wii U Deluxe $225 before taxes.

Man, seems like the BF ad leaks are slow this year. I need the big ones to leak so I can get my game plan together ... at least I can cross TRU off. Definitely dropping by Target and maybe Best Buy. I hope Old Navy isn't offering any cool free stuff ... it's too tempting to grab a free Wii u game or something ... maybe it'll be a camera again and I won't have to worry about it.

If I had known about this coupon before digging into my $200 iPad trade in GC, I might have saved it. This coupon and signing up for Red Card would make the Wii U Deluxe $225 before taxes.
Maybe so but I just got it for $250 before tax and got back $60 in store credit at Kmart last week so I'm keeping that. Looks like that will be the best deal for me unless WalMart sells the Mario/Luigi bundle for $199.

Maybe so but I just got it for $250 before tax and got back $60 in store credit at Kmart last week so I'm keeping that. Looks like that will be the best deal for me unless WalMart sells the Mario/Luigi bundle for $199.
Yeah. I saw it was mentioned for the Mario bundle.

I want the Zelda bundle since it'll hold it's value and I'd sell off Wind Waker. Kinda kicking my self hoping that the Kmart deal wasn't for the WW bundle, too. I have credit at a few different places and that has been stuck in my head.

So it's December 1st, someone should soon confirm whether or not the coupon works on wii u's.

I just picked up a Wii U Mario/Luigi bundle.  It DID work.  Also works on Disney Infinity accessories, Minecraft PC Game/gift card.

Bah, so I assume these coupons are no longer being printed? Was it $75 that had to be spent for it to print?
They weren't printed at the Target I was at. They were just sitting on the register. They were printed on a glossy paper, so I assume they were shipped in a box to the store.

There was 2 ways of getting it on Friday.

If you were IN store after 1:00AM EST until all day Friday.  Once you spent $75 or more they give you the coupon that was from a stack they had at the registers.

If you ordered ONLINE, they email you the coupon day after on 11/30.  All coupons have unique bar codes.

It will work on 3DS bundles, the Luigi new bundle has street date of tomorrow so the registers won't even let you scan it.  Also Target will not PM Walmart's price on the Luigi bundle.

Excludes gift cards, iTunes cards, apple, bose, all video games, ps4 console, xb1,target mobile, prescriptions, optical, clinic, and alcohol. Can't be combined with any other coupon.

I can confirm the 20% coupon DID work on a Wii U Mario bundle in Minneapolis, MN. I stacked a RedCard on top too for a 25% total discount.

I know its a LONG shot, but if anyone winds up not using their coupon, I would love to use it on a new 3ds. I went to about 5 stores trying to get on on the zelda deal yesterday and came up empty handed.

bread's done
Back