FS/BB: Free PS3/360 CoD: Ghosts, BF4, Assassin's Creed IV?

Wow. That's crazy if it's true. Just taking any old crap? Even if you don't have any on hand, you can always find crap at EB for $5. Hell, if you don't want to make the extra stop you can probably find something at FS/BB for ~$10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regretting not picking up that copy of Bulletstorm for $2 now. I'm sure I can find something to trade though. Might get ACIV and then do the cheap upgrade to the PS4 version.

Someone over on RFD just posted this. Hopefully some more reliable information comes out on this deal. I don't want to look like an idiot tomorrow morning! lol

I just got a call from Futureshop from a girl who seemed to know what she was talking about. She said that Futureshop really dropped the ball on the information for the promotion. She contacted head office and they told her it has to be a game that they arr currently selling for $59.99, seems pretty stupid to me but take it for what it is. I also told her that there would be alot of negative fallout for Future Shop from this and she said she wouldn't be surprised if that happened. Just posting what I was told, and as I said she seemed to know what she was talking about and was aware of the promo.

Even if its for a game selling for $59.99 (has that been confirmed?)  Go pick up Splinter cell at shoppers for $19.99 and swap it for one of the three that you want.

...Shoppers Drug Mart?
Yes.

BUT it looks to me that it is ANY current gen. game and that employee has no idea what she was talking about.

FS has posted the details. So if you don't have any games, go to EB and pick up something for under then go to your local FS and BB and get two games for cheap.

I'll be taking my gf so I can actually get all three.

Yes.

BUT it looks to me that it is ANY current gen. game and that employee has no idea what she was talking about.

FS has posted the details. So if you don't have any games, go to EB and pick up something for under then go to your local FS and BB and get two games for cheap.

I'll be taking my gf so I can actually get all three.
well, other people on FS forums are saying they "heard" its a 60$ game to trade-in as well. I'm hoping confirmation is coming out soon. Injustice sells for 60$ at FS so I'm taking that with me.

Does future shop accept all games? I know EB games stops accepting old sports games at a certain point so maybe that is the same with Future Shop?

Did people really expected to get a new $59.99 game in exchange for an old game?
That's what the article stated. Even Futureshop themselves stated this on their forum.

Hi everyone,

Yes, ANY current generation game will apply. There are no lists or restrictions on price or current availability on our website. It only has to work and with its original jewel case.

What I have been informed is that Manitoba is not participating due to local legislation (sorry, I do not have any further info on this).

Please note that I have ammended the original post and added some FAQs.

Thanks!

Jorge

It's confirmed. I called two Futureshops, and they both told me the same thing. ANY Ps3/Xbox360/Wii U game for these 3.

I don't even really want these games but worse case I trade / sell them and get what I do want.

I don't even really want these games but worse case I trade / sell them and get what I do want.
Same. Who honestly wants to play BF4 on current-gen? Sure, $10 for the upgrade to next-gen, but also that really large download, and the fact that you'll have to live with having the PS3/360 disc and case the entire time you're playing the next-gen version. I've always thought Assassin's Creed was garbage. Call of Duty, well...

This deal is, though, as you said a great way to earn credit towards something you actually want.

Also fuck all the lazy ass (albeit clever) people that are just reserving the games. I hope your Future Shop fucks you over, and throws those copies you've reserved into the pit of hell that'll be tomorrow morning's aisle scrum.

Do they open at 9am ?  I better check the time, I don't want to miss this out.

Now my biggest debate is trading in something I have (NHL I'm looking at you!!)  OR buying something cheap at EB.. maybe they still have a steel diver or two.

Also fuck all the lazy ass (albeit clever) people that are just reserving the games. I hope your Future Shop fucks you over, and throws those copies you've reserved into the pit of hell that'll be tomorrow morning's aisle scrum.
I only reserved because I have to work early tomorrow morning :(

Really tempted to just get two games and turn around and trade them for that $60 dollar gift card offer they have going on now too.   But then again Ebay would net you at least $50 a game I would think.

Just wanted to say, I'm not much of a re-seller I just would prefer to get something else outta this.  Maybe I'm being greedy.

If I reserve a copy online, will I still get the deal?

We will honour any confirmed online reservations.
Well, so much for that...

Still a few locations in Calgary that I can reserve at, but I'm not really willing to go out of my way. Maybe if this were last year, or the year before, when my gaming wishlist was over two dozen titles strong. I have maybe under 10 at the moment. Provided this deal lasts the three days, I'll potentially have enough trade-in credit to clear off most of them. Not in a rush, though.

Good luck to everyone else.

n

Well, so much for that...

Still a few locations in Calgary that I can reserve at, but I'm not really willing to go out of my way. Maybe if this were last year, or the year before, when my gaming wishlist was over two dozen titles strong. I have maybe under 10 at the moment. Provided this deal lasts the three days, I'll potentially have enough trade-in credit to clear off most of them. Not in a rush, though.

Good luck to everyone else.
I live in a city without either store. So I'm debating on reserving now myself...don't think Ill make the 60km drive three days.. or even two.

I reserved BF 4 at one location and Ghosts at another, but haven't received my confirmation e-mails. I did reserve BF 4 at the same store as Ghosts as a back-up (since I all I really want is BF 4) and I did get that 1 e-mail. 

When I try reserve them again, I'm getting errors. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

It looks like both websites are having issues with reservations now.
Ghosts and BF 4 are labeled as "cannot reserve" now. Don't know if that's cause the functionality is broken or if they're restricting it for those games due to the sale.

EDIT: Arkham Origins has the option to Reserve. Looks like it's just the 3 games involved in the deal. Hope they honor my reservation.

Ghosts and BF 4 are labeled as "cannot reserve" now. Don't know if that's cause the functionality is broken or if they're restricting it for those games due to the sale.

EDIT: Arkham Origins has the option to Reserve. Looks like it's just the 3 games involved in the deal. Hope they honor my reservation.
Vetra posted that they are honoring reserved copies.

well now i went from excited to pissed off.  I wish it was fare game and it was in store only getting . now if i go first thing in the morning all stock may just be set aside for those who reserved  IMO  that's not fair. if i can go for 9 in the morning i should get what i want. now i'm thinking to my self why even bother ? it's most likely to be all snatched up and put a side :(

bread's done
Back