Looking for a Gaming PC ($500-$600)

ant618

CAGiversary!
I'm looking for a new gaming Desktop computer for around $500-$600. But I want the desktop to run GTA IV and GTA SA smoothly without a problem. I did find one desktop on the best buy website but I'm not sure if it can handle both games. If anyone can recommend few desktops. Thanks. 

Here's the link to the desktop I found: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/gamer-ultra-desktop-8gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive/9177174.p?id=1218994550644&skuId=9177174&st=pcmcat287600050002_categoryid$abcat0501000&cp=1&lp=4#tab=reviews

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wanted to build a desktop never had the time. But are there any computers you would recommend.

Sorry but that PC is crap. A HD 7750 is very bad for the price you would pay for this PC. And the rerub desktop Dell pc linked on top is pretty bad too because even though it seems like a good deal at first because it has a i7 and 12gb of ram, it has a hd 7570 which is complete crap for gaming at the price you're paying. A graphics card is the most important part of a gaming pc. You can have a great cpu like a i7 but if you have a meh graphics card like a hd 7750 you're not going to be playing at the settings you want. 

I recommend building one too. If you can find time to be playing games you can find time to build a gaming pc. It only takes about 2-4 hours if everything goes smoothly(which it should most of the time). 

Use this site as a good guide to get started.

http://www.logicalincrements.com

But try to replace the graphics card with a hd 7870.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025

Its 10x better than any of the graphics cards in the other PCs listed!

Check out this reddit for deals on individual parts.  There's also one where people can guide you through the process of building one.  However, if you're like me and have zero technical aptitude you could just buy some parts and bring them in to a local shop and have them actually build it/put everything together.  But as others have said building one yourself or, at least, compiling most of the key parts is your best bet.  Big retailers tend to use crappy parts and overcharge.

I do always recommend people to build their own machines for they are usually much cheaper if you find deals online. 

Definitely check out Newegg or NCIX for deals. 

Hey, looking for the same thing as the OP - if anyone can recommend places/sites/etc. to watch for Black Friday/Cyber Monday, that'd be great.

Build it, with that amount of money you can get quality parts and a better video card. It's not difficult to build a computer, it'll take about a day of your time but it'll be worth it. I got most of my PC parts from Amazon since there's no better option to ship it to Hawaii. If there's a Microcenter near you, you can get better deals on CPU/Mobo combo.

I'm not sure I would recommend AMD for CPUs since none of them can't compete with Intel for gaming. However, AMDs are good for budget builds and will save you enough money to spend on a better video card.

The parts that will cost you the most is video card and cpu/motherboard.

I don't think you should build a computer just to play GTA:IV, that game is dated.

bread's done
Back