PS4 & XBOX 1 Bundles @ BestBuy - Available on Launch

ashtonreeves

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
THE EXPENSIVE & GARBAGE BUNDLE!!
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-zzkyozm6VPHnqMu7JiRrDw

following comment posted by a bestbuy employee. posted on: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello guys, Bestbuy employee here. I just got out of our last meeting before the PS4 release. Plenty of information was given to us that I will gladly pass on over to you guys.
1. We will have enough PS4's to fulfill all of our pre-orders.

2. We will have 100+ PS4's to sell on release date (midnight). Our district (16 stores) will be getting 1300 in total. So our store is getting 100+ as it is one of the bigger ones.

3. We already have the PS4's in our warehouse.

4. We will form two lines. One for pre-orders, one for those who didn't pre-order and wish to purchase.

5. If you're in the line to purchase the PS4 on release day without a pre-order, and are interested in the 'Unlocked Epic Gaming Package' bundle, you jump straight to the front of the line. That bundle is shown here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010 [EDIT by Io - we have conflicting info from another Best Buy employee that you do NOT, in fact, get to jump the line if buying the Epic Gaming Package - so please do not count on that!]

6. We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you.

7. We won't be price matching target's B2G1. Rather, bestbuy made their own promotion. Not nearly as nice though. When you buy 3 games, you get $25 back in reward zone certificates.

8. If you're unruly, we have every right to kick you out.

Note: You shouldn't have a problem with employees taking up the stock either. If we don't have a preorder, we are almost out of luck. We're not able to purchase it win 48 hours of release date. The only thing we can do is line up with someone else and have it them purchase it for you, which is what i'll be doing. They're being extremely strict about this as a company, not just my store. However, you will have those shady stores who will find a way around that.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010&ref=199&loc=AKGBlS8SPlM&siteID=AKGBlS8SPlM-zzkyozm6VPHnqMu7JiRrDw

following comment posted by a bestbuy employee. posted on: http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Hello guys, Bestbuy employee here. I just got out of our last meeting before the PS4 release. Plenty of information was given to us that I will gladly pass on over to you guys.

2. We will have 100+ PS4's to sell on release date (midnight). Our district (16 stores) will be getting 1300 in total. So our store is getting 100+ as it is one of the bigger ones.

4. We will form two lines. One for pre-orders, one for those who didn't pre-order and wish to purchase.

5. If you're in the line to purchase the PS4 on release day without a pre-order, and are interested in the 'Unlocked Epic Gaming Package' bundle, you jump straight to the front of the line. That bundle is shown here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010

6. We will open up our doors at 9:30PM. You walk in, pick out your accessories, you PAY for your accessories and console. You will then be able to walk out with your accessories and will be given a ticket. You will get back in another line and at 12, you walk back into the store and pickup your console with the ticket we gave you.

7. We won't be price matching target's B2G1. Rather, bestbuy made their own promotion. Not nearly as nice though. When you buy 3 games, you get $25 back in reward zone certificates.

Note: You shouldn't have a problem with employees taking up the stock either. If we don't have a preorder, we are almost out of luck. We're not able to purchase it win 48 hours of release date. The only thing we can do is line up with someone else and have it them purchase it for you, which is what i'll be doing. They're being extremely strict about this as a company, not just my store. However, you will have those shady stores who will find a way around that.

So another benefit of the Epic Gaming Bundle is being almost guaranteed a system if you didn't pre-order. Not sure if it's worth.

I guess for those who did not preordered the ps4/xbone, bestbuy might their best chance in getting one.

well i'm at work until at least 8pm the night of the launch so I think I have no chance of scoring a ps4. maybe i'll swing by and see what the line is like. bestbuy is the only place I have enough credit to completely cover the console or bundle excluding the expensive epic gaming package  

question though: is the guy who posted the info on nowinstock really a bestbuy employee?  could be all made up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/games-promotions/epic-gaming-package/pcmcat316900050010.c?id=pcmcat316900050010

Best Buys b2g1 is better than Target with gcu. Again though, buying 3 games at system launch is a bad cag move. Given lazy ports and black friday.

well i'm at work until at least 8pm the night of the launch so I think I have no chance of scoring a ps4. maybe i'll swing by and see what the line is like. bestbuy is the only place I have enough credit to completely cover the console or bundle excluding the expensive epic gaming package
if the information provided is 100% legit/true , you should have no problem scoring a ps4 during the night of the launch

Wow at that 800$ bundle...lol. If they drop that geek squad coverage and retain the discount it would pretty good sorta.

if the information provided is 100% legit/true , you should have no problem scoring a ps4 during the night of the launch
I was at a gamestop and employee told me they have a four page wait list for ps4 (at that store). didn't know they even kept one but seems bb will sell those 100 ps4 easily. but I'm still gonna try.

hard to know what to believe.  BB employee yesterday told me I wouldn't be able to get ps4 at launch but would not have problem getting an xbox one.  at Microsoft store employee told me I couldn't get a xbox one from their store night of launch but should be able to the next day. I asked why because it's only a few hours later and he said only day one edition will be available night of launch and those are sold out.  anyone hear this from other stores like bestbuy?

Best Buys b2g1 is better than Target with gcu. Again though, buying 3 games at system launch is a bad cag move. Given lazy ports and black friday.
Actually Target's offer is still better. 5% off with Target Card and many people received a $10 off $75 purchase coupon in a holiday magazine recently from Target that stacks with the B2G1.

Actually Target's offer is still better. 5% off with Target Card and many people received a $10 off $75 purchase coupon in a holiday magazine recently from Target that stacks with the B2G1.
not to mention if you can get the point of sale coupon for 30% gaming which will stack with the b3g1

Bundle doesn't seem so bad to me. I don't want either of the games, but I know people who do. The only negative I see is being force to buy that $119.99 Gamer's Club. 

If the dropped Geek Squad, it would be a pretty good deal. I know a lot of people are complaining about the $130 Gamer's Club but if you're buying a next gen system, chances are you're going to buy games full price so whatever games come out you're going to buy and hopefully over two years you make your money back. Still, for those that haven't pre-ordered yet still have a shot at this even if it is a little meh.

What about game pre-orders?  I have 3 games on order from them and was hoping to get them ahead of time before standing in line @ GS getting my PS4 from them...

I hope everyone in line isn't going to buy the protection plan. Please be a bunch of scalpers so I can keep my place lol.

lmao-seriously.jpg

But seriously, I was considering trying to get a PS4 at Best Buy on Thursday night. But if they want to give front of the line privilege to those willing to literally double the price of the console, I might reconsider and go with my initial plan of going to Kmart when doors open on Friday morning.

For what it's worth, my store received only 60 units. Not sure how many preorders we have (not authorized to view it, and the video game manager was not there at the time). I can't see us having very many PS4s for those without preorders.

Does anyone have an idea of how stores are handling the xbox launch and black friday together? like to the guy who said he was going to kmart, are they releasing the xbox at a certain time with a separate line? 

WOAH WOAH WOAH! I pre-ordered Killzone, COD Ghosts & AC:BF and there already paid for and ready to be picked up, do I still get the $25.00 rewards? Don't tell me I have to waste time returning them now :/

Do you get 20% off all new game prices, in addition to any promos or discounts? $5/mo might not be that bad for gcu if you hoard games.

Are the xbox consoles being sold at launch, that are not preorders, day one editions? Or were day ones only preorders?

Every time I get the next gen itch I go look at my spreadsheet of games I own but have not played.  Counting PS+ I am hovering around 200.  That snaps me back to reality. No money and time to get one of these. 

I know Frys will open in the midnight.

Is there any Target or Gamestop store that will open in the midnight?
Target doesn't typically do midnight launches. Ad specifically says at 8am. (Last one I remember them doing was for BLOPS II and that was a 1 time thing.)

Gamestop, depending on their area, will be open up and thru midnight Thur-Friday. Most likely no extra units.

Wal*Mart would be a good chance as they may have extras.

KMart is your best shot, afaik, they didn't take pre-orders. (At least in store.) Although, they don't do Midnight launches.

Sears see KMart

Best Buy has a slight opprotunity to have extra units, ala this thread.

I don't have a Fry's near me / ever shopped at one to give you a general outlook.

Many thanks for sharing these information.

It seems like Sears is a good choice for me.

Target doesn't typically do midnight launches. Ad specifically says at 8am. (Last one I remember them doing was for BLOPS II and that was a 1 time thing.)

Gamestop, depending on their area, will be open up and thru midnight Thur-Friday. Most likely no extra units.

Wal*Mart would be a good chance as they may have extras.

KMart is your best shot, afaik, they didn't take pre-orders. (At least in store.) Although, they don't do Midnight launches.

Sears see KMart

Best Buy has a slight opprotunity to have extra units, ala this thread.

I don't have a Fry's near me / ever shopped at one to give you a general outlook.

I can confirm that Best Buy is receiving huge amounts of ps4s in the next few weeks. Was working the early morning shift and we had a total of 77 pre orders and we received a total of 150 ps4s with another 100 coming again early next week. I feel bad for people trying to abuse these systems values because it seems like Sony is trying to not get people to profit off the system this time around.

Letting people jump to the front of the line for buying that package is a horrendous violation of SOP. Wonder who's getting fired for that idea.

I can confirm that Best Buy is receiving huge amounts of ps4s in the next few weeks. Was working the early morning shift and we had a total of 77 pre orders and we received a total of 150 ps4s with another 100 coming again early next week. I feel bad for people trying to abuse these systems values because it seems like Sony is trying to not get people to profit off the system this time around.
LOL, if it is really true, it will be like the wii-u for the scalpers.

Really? How did you hear this? I am in the Chicago region and the central hub for receiving has already been notified not to expect any additional shipments until the 2nd or 3rd week of December due to the European launch. I think Sony has always made it tough to find around Christmas time and they do not want to go the route of the WiiU that was everywhere last Christmas and we all know that system is not doing well at all despite being the first to launch with a one year lead on Sony and Microsoft

bread's done
Back