* * * * - 14 votes

Buy 2, Get 1 Free PS4 Games at Amazon - TODAY 9AM-1PM PST - All Customers Eligible - B1G1 if you pre-ordered a PS4 Game

ps4 amazon

#631 EeK85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:42 AM

Yeah almost everything that's not awful shaky cam of a store demo station is from E3/Gamescom.  I understand it's because everyone that has this stuff already is under crazy town embargo but creating a total media blackout doesn't help sell games.

Even for actual game reviews, we only get snippets talking about the next-gen versions. Embargoes sure do suck.

#632 EeK85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:44 AM

They probably mean the CE or something. 

Ah, that would make a lot more sense. I couldn't care less for the Hardened and Prestige editions this time around. Way too expensive for my pockets. 

#633 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:48 AM

Even for actual game reviews, we only get snippets talking about the next-gen versions. Embargoes sure do suck.

I get it because they know that anything that slips out about the console is going to take on a negative spin and be used as fuel in the flame war.  Look at the resolution thing with Ghosts for example.  It's one of these things where they seem to think that will kill all excitement for the launch or something but they know that they can just make sure nothing gets out for months and people will still buy it.

Think I've got it narrowed down to NBA 2K14, Killzone and Rivals.  FIFA 14 looks like a nice upgrade from current gen but not nearly as much as NBA 2K14 might be and think I'll try to get Knack from this Gamefly trial since they like to ship out new releases to trial members more than actual paying customers.

3ds120.gif Tales of the Abyss   :pc: WoW  :wiiu: TBD :vita: MotoGP 14

:xb1: Smite  :ps4: TBD  :360: TBD   :ps3: TBD

Finished Games 2015: 26 - Recently Completed: :pc: Gone Home :hot:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#634 bobo2k4   OooSplendiforous CAGiversary!   3182 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

Nice! Got a BOGO code!

Ordered BF and Killzone.  Not bad to get a free game.

Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#635 EeK85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:54 AM

I get it because they know that anything that slips out about the console is going to take on a negative spin and be used as fuel in the flame war.  Look at the resolution thing with Ghosts for example.  It's one of these things where they seem to think that will kill all excitement for the launch or something but they know that they can just make sure nothing gets out for months and people will still buy it.

I agree, but the lack of information is aggravating especially for new IPs, such as Knack and the aforementioned Ryse. You pretty muck know what to expect from the nth game in an established franchise or the annual sports game, but the few others are wildcards. I bet a little more info would only help promote them, since they're not getting the spotlight.

#636 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10851 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:27 AM

well gamestops have a full knack demo (which was fun imo) up if you wanna try it
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#637 EeK85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:28 AM

well gamestops have a full knack demo (which was fun imo) up if you wanna try it

I definitely would, if the nearest Gamestop wasn't a few thousand miles away from me (I'm in Brazil). :P

#638 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:51 AM

I definitely would, if the nearest Gamestop wasn't a few thousand miles away from me (I'm in Brazil). :P

I'm not that far away from a Gamestop but there isn't one near me that has the PS4 demo.  I do see that the BBY near me is supposed to have it now so maybe I'll go out there tomorrow.

Trade List

#639 Cokelogic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Cokelogic

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:10 AM

I chatted with Amazon customer service and they said if you PS4 game pre-order was not in earlier than 11/9 then you will not receive an email for the Buy 1 Get 1 Free. So all that leaves is the Tuesday GR8TNESS coupon code for the buy 2 get 1 free on Amazon.Com (same as Target instore and online). 

Dang! That's what I was afraid of.

Anyone test this method to see otherwise?

#640 Cokelogic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Cokelogic

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:12 AM

Nice! Got a BOGO code!

Ordered BF and Killzone.  Not bad to get a free game.

So did you preorder BF4. Get an email and then go back?

I guess you can't add 2 games to the cart and then get a retroactive applying email. Right?

#641 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   4218 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:16 AM

If you really think about it the BOGO code is basically the same thing as B2GO since you have to preordered a game before to get the BOGO code. So you're still technically going to pay for two games even with the BOGO code.

#642 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   927 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

I got the code for the free game(injustice), placed another order for killzone and NFS and the bogo applied. $60 total for 3 games not bad at all

#643 Cokelogic   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Cokelogic

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

If you really think about it the BOGO code is basically the same thing as B2GO since you have to preordered a game before to get the BOGO code. So you're still technically going to pay for two games even with the BOGO code.

Oh! So this is the same deal being applied two different ways. I'll wait until Tuesday, just in case.

#644 strait edge follower   Cult of personality CAGiversary!   10851 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

strait edge follower

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:26 AM

im thinking about just canceling my ass creed pre order as i doubt i will be getting the coupon. i would have pre ordered something over a week ago if I knew this coupon was happening
Currently playing
:ps4: fez, strider, blacklight retribution, the transistor

games recently beaten: :ps4: assassins creed black flag, wolfenstein new order, lego marvel, contrast, infamous first light

690739.png

#645 V4Oldboy   Vengeance 4 Oldboy CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

im thinking about just canceling my ass creed pre order as i doubt i will be getting the coupon. i would have pre ordered something over a week ago if I knew this coupon was happening

Amazon should have done this a bit better by sending the B1G1 coupon once one preorder shipped and told people that was the case. Since wasn't this meant to be for people who preordered a game, but would have missed out on the B2G1 since they already bought a game. At least they did the promo, but the lack of communication was a bit annoying. Instead they just sent them out.

Did people who had two+ preorders get the free game and people with one preorder get the B1G1?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#646 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   4218 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Did people who had two+ preorders get the free game and people with one preorder get the B1G1?

Yes and yes. As long as they are launch day games.

#647 NeoMonk   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

People who had 1 game pre-ordered got a "Buy another game & get a free game" code

While people like me who had 2 games pre-ordered got a "heres your free game" code

I'm seeing some people claim they got x3 games for $60... Yet somehow forget they purchased 1 before (which was paid for)

So either they're awful at math, lying or something else...

ezgifcom-ra02c.gif

newsquid03fd.gif

#648 SOLGarion   The devil is in the details. CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

SOLGarion

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

I used the free game coupon, have two bundles with games pre-ordered, to get skylanders for PS4. Worked for the full $74.96 value. Plus it says this: "Pre-order Skylanders SWAP Force and get the never before released Lightcore Hex"

#649 EldritchOnRye  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

I used the free game coupon, have two bundles with games pre-ordered, to get skylanders for PS4. Worked for the full $74.96 value. Plus it says this: "Pre-order Skylanders SWAP Force and get the never before released Lightcore Hex"

Very nice.  Too bad it didn't consider my Driveclub pre-order as launch window any longer.

Trade List

#650 guerox4   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   70 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Anyone with an assassin Creed 4 limited edition qualify? Customer service said it was a no go but they seemed questionable

#651 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3543 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

What if someone cancels just so they can buy again to get the BOGO?

C5CU5yg.gif?1efPcwsX.gifj5IniQc.gif

Spoiler

#652 jrr6415sun   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2598 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

jrr6415sun

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

but you were already planning to buy the game full price, it's a past purchase, sunk cost, it doesn't really count.

Also you can easily cancel the preordered game

#653 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:15 AM

Sweet, they added NFS Rivals to the list. Now I just gotta decide between that and Knack.

#654 NeoMonk   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Sweet, they added NFS Rivals to the list. Now I just gotta decide between that and Knack.

It's sold out tho' I'm still waiting for mine to give me an estimate on shipping & someone else mentioned theirs says december 27th or some crazy date like that :?

ezgifcom-ra02c.gif

newsquid03fd.gif

#655 panasonic   Joanna Dark CAGiversary!   3848 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:20 AM

if anyone wants to sell their code ill pay good enough

#656 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

if anyone wants to sell their code ill pay good enough

Didn't someone say earlier that the code is tied to the original email account and cant be used by someone else?

#657 blueweltall   Kill the Batman CAGiversary!   4218 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:22 AM

but you were already planning to buy the game full price, it's a past purchase, sunk cost, it doesn't really count.

Also you can easily cancel the preordered game

If it doesn't count than why didn't everybody get a BOGO or free game code? Code is just for giving previous customer a chance to get in on the B2G1 sale. With that I am done discussing the purpose of the code.

#658 JamesKelly09  

JamesKelly09

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Anyone with an assassin Creed 4 limited edition qualify? Customer service said it was a no go but they seemed questionable

I had that pre-order and the watch dog limited edition and didn't get a code either. Maybe the limited editions didn't quantify for the codes :/

#659 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3158 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:25 AM

It's sold out tho' I'm still waiting for mine to give me an estimate on shipping & someone else mentioned theirs says december 27th or some crazy date like that :?

Crap, I was leaning toward NFS but I definitely don't want to wait that long to get it. Guess I'll go with Knack then.

#660 NeoMonk   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   299 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:27 AM

Crap, I was leaning toward NFS but I definitely don't want to wait that long to get it. Guess I'll go with Knack then.

Yeah... if by tomorrow I don't get any word on it I'll just talk to CS & get it changed to BF4 hopefully that's not also out of stock & flip dat 'ish

ezgifcom-ra02c.gif

newsquid03fd.gif