* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle: Rise of the Tomb Raider $12

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#28831 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

$20 for Xcom 2 is pretty great IMO. The rest of the stuff is just throw ins that might make the bill or little better even if you only play one of them.

Been in the monthly bundle for 12 and 5 other games...  Even on console I would hardly call that better than pretty good.

#28832 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4812 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Yes it did. They changed a lot of stuff to make it faster and "more accessible". It completely threw off the balance. Stage 2 on PC did get some new characters, but they're just variations on the characters that were already in there, and some maps were tweaked, often for the worse. They also massively downgraded the graphics, for some reason. I guess so it would run on as many machines as possible.

And no, sorry, it wasn't terrible on PC. If you're not into the type of game it was, that's fine, because they were very bad at communicating that it was essentially a FPS MOBA and it seems like that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. But it was a well-made game that suffered from (IMO) hysterical overreaction to DLC and a disproportionate amount of "esports" hype.

well I am on the other camp.  I got my Founder's reward, played extensively pre and post F2P.  

Pre-F2P, I found the community to be toxic/elitist.  They would curse at you and trashed you down for being new. It took very long time to set up a match.  The game remained botched and broken with poor netcode and matchmaking.  Monsters were imbalanced.  Ppl who cheesed were the vocal one who scream "bloody murder" when their broken game got upgraded.

Post-F2P, the AI bot seems improved to take over missing/AFK player, maps are better balanced with less cheese, monsters got rebalanced with bug fixes, new monsters added with new twist, new character added with new ability and the community was quite fun to play with.  Co-op mode got added and what a fun ride that was.  Yes, I take the post-F2P version any day.  Hell, even the tutorial section got re-done and was more accessible for new players.  I believe that they still keep the old version pre-F2P up somewhere (maybe in beta branch) but can't confirm this since I didn't want to go back to pre-F2P version.

For what it worth, the post-F2P version was 2 step FORWARD and maybe 1 step backward for the cheesers.  I don't miss them.  I don't miss the toxic and elitist community which was plagued with hacking pre-F2P.

#28833 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   745 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:25 PM

new comic bundle with GI Joe and Transformers. solid $1 tier, but fans can easily justify $25 tier

#28834 legendarydogs   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1201 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

legendarydogs

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:27 PM

not even borderlands on ps4. this bundle is pretty terrible. wouldn't surprise me if battleborn goes f2p in a bit.

DarkLordOmega.png

#28835 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2276 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

well I am on the other camp.  I got my Founder's reward, played extensively pre and post F2P.  

Pre-F2P, I found the community to be toxic/elitist.  They would curse at you and trashed you down for being new. It took very long time to set up a match.  The game remained botched and broken with poor netcode and matchmaking.  Monsters were imbalanced.  Ppl who cheesed were the vocal one who scream "bloody murder" when their broken game got upgraded.

Post-F2P, the AI bot seems improved to take over missing/AFK player, maps are better balanced with less cheese, monsters got rebalanced with bug fixes, new monsters added with new twist, new character added with new ability and the community was quite fun to play with.  Co-op mode got added and what a fun ride that was.  Yes, I take the post-F2P version any day.  Hell, even the tutorial section got re-done and was more accessible for new players.  I believe that they still keep the old version pre-F2P up somewhere (maybe in beta branch) but can't confirm this since I didn't want to go back to pre-F2P version.

For what it worth, the post-F2P version was 2 step FORWARD and maybe 1 step backward for the cheesers.  I don't miss them.  I don't miss the toxic and elitist community which was plagued with hacking pre-F2P.

I agree that the community got pretty bad at a certain point, but I can't say that I ever noticed much hacking. Here and there, but it wasn't really a rampant issue for me personally.

My biggest issue with Stage 2 was how they completely negated the teamwork aspect, especially when it comes to the Trapper. When every member can dome the monster, by just holding F when you see it, it makes them a lot less essential than they used to be. Trapper was my preferred class, and I loved trying to cut the monster off and dome it so everyone could unload. With Stage 2, they're just a class that does less damage than Assault but has some slowing weapons.

I also felt like the new maps they added were just garbage, and mostly focused on incongruous glowing power-ups. They didn't even try to insert them into the world, by having them inside albino wildlife as in the original maps, they were just Quake-style floating icons. Pretty sure they actually removed some maps as well, but maybe they got re-added later. I didn't stick with Stage 2 too long, because I disliked pretty much every change they made. Never played co-op mode because that holds no appeal for me.

#28836 Diad   Only a flesh wound... CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

i would totally be on this but i already own 90% of the games involved... 

I <3 Humble so may do the $1 just because!

childsplay_logo_sm.png

Thanks for donating!

#28837 zekana  

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:03 PM

as ive yet to upgrade to the ps4, im happy to see good deals for ps3 games.  ive been interested in the xcom series and ive heard good things about the story of spec ops so im happy with this bundle.

#28838 jimbofluffy   Dr. Ugly Pants CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

jimbofluffy

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

That's what you all thought last week too I bet.

I have already been quoted as saying so...

:beer:

5490.png

#28839 gunstar808   Capitalism, Ho! CAGiversary!   944 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:12 AM

new comic bundle with GI Joe and Transformers. solid $1 tier, but fans can easily justify $25 tier

Yup, think I am in for $25. Though there is a bit of overlap from an old humble bundle. 

#28840 Miker525  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:02 PM

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle? I get that the two higher tiers are pretty trash but the $1 tier is great. The 2 Vita games alone makes it so much more than worth it.

I write posts and make content and sometimes even podcast on this website I created: It's called Gamerations. Check it out if you think I'm a good internet guy. 

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES. | YEARLY COMPLETED GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#28841 IAmTheCheapestFox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19629 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestFox

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:06 PM

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle? I get that the two higher tiers are pretty trash but the $1 tier is great. The 2 Vita games alone makes it so much more than worth it.

photo-thumb-488702.jpg?_r=1404531565

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#28842 Blade3D   Grandmaster Swag CAGiversary!   4173 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:31 PM

Either of those Vita games work on the PSTV?

Check Out My Podcast

Rival Bits

Video Games, Movies, and TV

https://itunes.apple...d884775591?mt=2

871100.png

#28843 spoderman  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:16 PM

Er.. I love Vita and those are basically 2 games I would never play. Both XCOM/Civ are mobile ports, with XCOM having a far superior PC version.

I'll still buy it because it's rare to see two vita games for a dollar, but I don't think there's much appeal to those games

GUtUP1U.jpg

#28844 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   9650 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:17 PM

I'm seriously confused. Why are people so upset with the 2k bundle?

I think "upset" is overselling it.  It's just not a very good bundle.

Of course, most posters in this thread are PC people since that's HB's bread and butter crowd.  To them, XCOM is an old game that's been cheap before and everyone has, The Bureau got poor ratings and console Civilization games are a shadow of the real things.  To console people, I guess it may be in part because the games are spread between three devices.

#28845 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7807 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:50 PM

X-Com Vita was on a list of the worst playing Vita games I watched yesterday. Supposedly even the mobile Iphone version was a bit buggy, but this one plays worse, but it's playable because of the turn based nature of the game.

#28846 elessar123  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:11 PM

Civ Rev is great for $1 by itself, honestly. It's not a full-scale PC Civ, obviously, but it's like a slightly simplified board game version. And it's still fairly good.

Spoiler

#28847 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   66 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 17 August 2017 - 06:29 PM

Civ Rev is great for $1 by itself, honestly. It's not a full-scale PC Civ, obviously, but it's like a slightly simplified board game version. And it's still fairly good.

Yeah I ended up spending a lot of last night just playing Civ Rev 2 from the bundle and it's great. Calling it 2 feels a bit weird because honestly I can barely tell any differences between it and Civ Rev 1 (granted it's been 5+ years since I played Civ Rev 1 so my memory is dull), but, having it on the vita is great for me. 

As for being simplified, that is certainly the case but I like that it tries to be different from the main series. I actually like some aspects of it more, namely I always found culture a lot more fun in Rev compared to like Civ 5 (which is the only mainline game I've played.)

ZenaxPure.png ZenaxPure.png

#28848 Miker525  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

I guess that makes sense. The last civ game I played was civ v which I'm a big fan of. I don't expect anything like that on console though. Didn't know XCom was rated so poorly but still. For me 2 Vita games is more than worth the dollar. I can see this being totally worthless for primarily PC players. I was pretty disappointed with the microjumbo bundle

I write posts and make content and sometimes even podcast on this website I created: It's called Gamerations. Check it out if you think I'm a good internet guy. 

THESE ARE ALL THE (PHYSICAL) GAMES I OWN. | YEARLY SPENDING ON GAMES. | YEARLY COMPLETED GAMES.

Steam: Miker525 | XBL: Miker525 | PSN: MikeRosenberg

- If you add me give me a heads up so I know to not auto decline it -

#28849 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   9629 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:47 PM

Vita games

Wp4pg.gif

#28850 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3660 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 17 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

For me 2 Vita games is more than worth the dollar.

giphy.gif

#28851 shadowassailantx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   22 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

shadowassailantx

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

There's no indication of it, but is Mafia II the greatest hits version that included all the DLC?

All the DLC has been delisted on PSN so otherwise it's an incomplete game.

#28852 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4747 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

There's no indication of it, but is Mafia II the greatest hits version that included all the DLC?

I doubt it...  The 360 version of the Greatest Hits had all the DLC on disc so I'm sure the PS3 version is the same way.  (Might want to check Gamestop for a cheap used copy.)

#28853 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4812 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 07:33 PM

Yes

https://www.giantbom...-dlc/1100-3014/

#28854 HappySnappy  

HappySnappy

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

does the humble monthly provide games for ps4 or are they pc?

#28855 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   3999 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 18 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

does the humble monthly provide games for ps4 or are they pc?

PC 

#28856 mitch079   Fun hurts my lungs. CAGiversary!   12484 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:22 PM

Yes
https://www.giantbom...-dlc/1100-3014/

That seems indicative of the greatest hits disc version that was released with the dlc, not the digital.

Under Construction

spoiler.JPG

#28857 Treybot   What a save! CAGiversary!   971 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:32 PM

In for the Battleborn trial.

#28858 CrossCompiled  

CrossCompiled

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:06 AM

So. HB Monthly subscribers now have access to Humble Trove?

"Humble Originals and DRM-free games are added monthly for active Humble Monthly subscribers to enjoy."

'Life itself is only a vision, a dream. Nothing exists; all is a dream. God, man, the world, the sun, the moon, the wilderness of stars - a dream, all a dream; they have no existence. Nothing exists save empty space and you! And you are but a thought.' - The Mysterious Stranger (Mark Twain)

76561198099211558.png

#28859 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4337 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

So. HB Monthly subscribers now have access to Humble Trove?

"Humble Originals and DRM-free games are added monthly for active Humble Monthly subscribers to enjoy."

For a few months now, yes.  It appears you have access to all of them while subscribed and still have access to the ones that were part of your purchased individual bundles when not subscribed.

#28860 flix1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1534 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:04 AM

Bought the second tier for $6.18. I have most of the games already, but some of the PS3 games I'll now have digital. They only item I didn't have was the dlc for The Bureau.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free