* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle: Rise of the Tomb Raider $12

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#28891 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1387 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:49 PM

Is it worth paying the extra $4 and change for Alien: Isolation, or am I better off buying the complete bundle the next time it's $10 or less?

Currently Playing:  Games

#28892 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:52 PM

Is it worth paying the extra $4 and change for Alien: Isolation, or am I better off buying the complete bundle the next time it's $10 or less?

I want layers of fear, I’ll give you $2 for it if you want.

#28893 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

$10 for DBD isn't great at this point after it's been given away on alienware

Y u know git me free kopy?

Community is still very active.

U just want to kill me in de game!!!!

#28894 spoderman  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:00 PM

Y u know git me free kopy?

U just want to kill me in de game!!!!

I'm too lazy to level up on alienware so I miss 99% of the shit they giveaway, and I don't play killer in DBD but if I did I would want to kill you

GUtUP1U.jpg

#28895 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:05 PM

I don't play killer in DBD but if I did I would want to kill you

giphy.gif

#28896 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7496 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

Tempted for DBD, but don't know how much I'd play it. Have Alien and Layers of Fear on XB1 (shudder) and not much interest in the Five Nights at Freddy franchise. So it's either go $10 and sell off the BTA tier or dollar in. Hmm...

752200.png
76561198023514531.png

#28897 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6102 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

Tempted for DBD, but don't know how much I'd play it. Have Alien and Layers of Fear on XB1 (shudder) and not much interest in the Five Nights at Freddy franchise. So it's either go $10 and sell off the BTA tier or dollar in. Hmm...

I bought the bundle at the BTA of $5.09 because I have no interest in Dead By Daylight. So if you, or anybody else just wants DBD, I can get it for you/them at the cost of upgrading to the highest tier ($4.91).

#28898 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22884 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:46 PM

Humble Spooky Horror Bundle

$1:

• Dead Age
  • Dreadout (Includes Manga + OST DLC)
  • DreadOut: Keepers of The Dark
  • Lakeview Cabin Collection

BTA:

• Layers of Fear: Masterpiece Edition (Game + DLC)
  • Alien: Isolation™
  • Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location

$10 or more:

• Dead by Daylight

Edit: Dangit, I got Layers of Fear last month. Solid $1 tier, though.

Crap. Already have had Dead Age...and still been in the damn backlog....and now it's in TIER 1 of a Bundle. Meh.

Don't have other games in 1st Tier, though. Looks like at least that Tier's a lock.

I want Alien: Isolation - but not sure if I want this version b/c I need to see if I want the Season Pass; if that Pass got worthwhile content it; and how often the Pass has been on sale for decent pricing. 

I don't have Layers of Fear and don't have 5 Nights: Sister Location.

Don't have Dead by Daylight, but maybe I should go $10 to get that? 

According to ITAD - https://isthereanyde...deadbydaylight 

- DbD has been $10 on Steam before; and has been in a $14 bundle before.

Decisions, decisions...

EDIT:

I'll just $1 in, for now...until I truly decide on BTA or Top Tier.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#28899 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   3972 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

It seems Alien's DLC is not needed at all (according to some friends). The game itself is really long

#28900 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22884 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:49 PM

Is there actually any worthwhile DLC's here in the Alien Isolation Season Pass?

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#28901 spoderman  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

Is there any content-DLC?

GUtUP1U.jpg

#28902 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22884 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Basically, yeah - I'm not not looking for meaningless cosmetic items DLC's.

Not really looking for overpowered weapons, items, etc etc either.

I want more story & campaign style of content.

Challenge maps - eh, maybe. [shrug]

#28903 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19857 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:34 PM

According to some friends of a friend, the dlc is not needed at all.

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#28904 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:41 PM

It's a great game + game DLCs + content + content DLCs + DLCs + DLC content + DLC game.+ VRAMS + 200gb HD space.

#28905 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22884 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

It's a great game + game DLCs + content + content DLCs + DLCs + DLC content + DLC game.+ VRAMS + 200gb HD space.

uhynapfs6m1ggkedvpp0.gif

#28906 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8016 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:29 AM

Man, if you don't own Alien Isolation this is a no-brainer to buy the 10 dollar tier, to me. Unfortunately for me the only game i don't own that I have any interest in is DBD. I'll wait though.

444806.png

76561198067824944.png

#28907 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1387 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

New Battlestar Galactica comics bundle.  I like some of the authors listed (Remender, Pak, Abnett and Lanning), but have zero interest in Battlestar Galactica comics.

Little bit weird that the list the authors on some books but not others, though.

Currently Playing:  Games

#28908 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:02 PM

New Battlestar Galactica comics bundle.  I like some of the authors listed (Remender, Pak, Abnett and Lanning), but have zero interest in Battlestar Galactica comics.

Little bit weird that the list the authors on some books but not others, though.

Not so weird.  Toasters that write books don't actually count as authors.

#28909 iPayMSRP  

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:40 PM

Remember. Don't give money to the EFF. They care less about internet freedom than you all do about paying MSRP or not loading your backlogs

#28910 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4949 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:16 AM

just 2 very short walking sim missions and a bunch of extra crap.

IMO, you are good with the base game.

#28911 indef  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Humble is participating in the Annual Everybody Have a Quakecon Sale event.

Slightly better deals on some stuff if you have the monthly subscription discount.

#28912 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   19857 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

You know who isn't having a Quakecon sale?  Gamersgate.  Gamersgate don't care about no Quakecon. 

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#28913 elessar123  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:24 PM

Maybe Bethesda is still screwing with them.

Spoiler

#28914 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4391 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

Maybe Bethesda is still screwing with them.

I'll take things only 10s CAGs will remember for $100, Alex.

#28915 iPayMSRP  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:39 PM

It's all extra challenge modes. Since I couldn't finish the main game it was wasted money for me. You really ought to beat the main game and wait for the next sale on the season pass stuff to see if you really want more snacks of AI.

That said a Alien 1 mini challenge level sounds cool as hell BUT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE AI GAME AS IS ISN'T IT?

#28916 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   3897 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

It's all extra challenge modes. Since I couldn't finish the main game it was wasted money for me. You really ought to beat the main game and wait for the next sale on the season pass stuff to see if you really want more snacks of AI.

That said a Alien 1 mini challenge level sounds cool as hell BUT THAT'S PRETTY MUCH THE WHOLE AI GAME AS IS ISN'T IT?

I think you're bitter because you paid MSRP.....you shoulda waited for this Humble Bundle...

#28917 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

The AI Season Pass is largely lackluster. Even the original Alien add-ons (Last Survivor and Crew Expendable) aren't that interesting. They're really well made and keep to the film well, but they're short and should not be the impetus to purchasing. The base game alone is ridiculously good, like best of generation/genre level. Each SP piece is survival mode stuff, which some really enjoy. I personally have never played them. You dont need the season pass to enjoy the base game as the survival mode stuff is with different characters from Amanda Ripley.

Im not sure if Survivor and Expendable even come with the season pass as they were the pre-order bonuses. They may have added them since, but I dunno. You may want to aim for complete or pick those up on sale singularly. They're only worth it if you really love the 79 film.

Its one of my fave games of the last 5 years. I got it pre-order digital deluxe for keys (it was before the region locking) and the thing paid for itself since I was able to sell the TF2 crap that came with it at a profit.

#28918 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4949 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:27 PM

what TF2 crap came with the Digital Deluxe?

#28919 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   22884 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:47 PM

Thanks everyone.

I just upgraded to the Top Tier to get Alien Isolation & Dead by Daylight.

#28920 archibishopofBAH   Insidious and insipid. CAGiversary!   4243 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

archibishopofBAH

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:48 AM

what TF2 crap came with the Digital Deluxe?

It was an Alien head for the scout, a tail for the scout and one other thing that I believe was for the pyro. I was one of the first to put them up for sale when they became marketable and made $10-$15 on each. I paid below $30 for the game in TF2 keys since it was before the region locking nonsense.

I think this was them, all Genuines

The Alien Cranium
The Biomech Backpack
The Xeno Suit

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free