* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#30511 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23124 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

So, is Rockstar going to debut PC versions of both The Warriors and Rockstar Presents Table Tennis in the Rockstar Humble Bundle?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#30512 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23124 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:13 AM

I cannot get excited about a Rockstar bundle, sorry.  For instance, Bully is reported not playable on Windows 10. 

Not sure how much this might help, but it could be worth a shot for Bully on W10:
http://steamcommunit...599015891687183

Most of us have Max Payne, the older GTAs and LA Noire.  I heard some people like LA Noire VR, but that is niche and I doubt would be in a bundle.  GTA 5 for single player, not bad, but multiplayer is full of criticism about cash grab and cheating/broken.  Yes, extra layer of DRM with having to go through Rockstar Social Club.  RDR coming to PC, I am happy that MysterD is excited, while I will wait to read reviews on how good the port is.

I would be happy to put Bully, Max Payne series and LA Noire on Steam. Own all of those elsewhere - i.e. Max Payne 1 & 2 from Retail; Bully PC from retail; Max Payne 3 & LA Noire Complete from Amazon DVG (thanks, Amazon Tony!!!).

I already have GTA5 Non-Steam.

I have GTA3, VC, SA from Retail and Steam; and GTA4 & EFLC on Steam.

I really would love to see RDR hitting PC.

Motoki: If you were MysterD you would wait for a 75% off sale. And tell everyone about it. Repeatedly. 

MysterD: We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. No wonder we have no time to play games! All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#30513 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:28 AM

$12 Tier is actually $10 in game cash

You're right I'm mistaken...it's $10 GTAV cash and a $2 Groupees Coin.

#30514 luxoflux  

luxoflux

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:43 AM

Don't forget the %50 off coupon for the Max Payne 3 rockstar pass.

#30515 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5015 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:50 AM

I would be surprised if that's in the bundle. It's a top seller in every seasonal sale, I think. They'd make far more money discounting it more on Steam than putting it in a Humble.

it is for CHARITY, dumbass.. :cold:  :-

#30516 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1554 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

https://www.humblebu...dox-bundle-2018

paradox bundle, its crap

#30517 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Red Dead debut bundle is live.

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#30518 spoderman  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:04 PM

Nice trolling Humble. You can bring out the real bundle now.

GUtUP1U.jpg

#30519 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

https://www.humblebu...dox-bundle-2018

paradox bundle, its crap

132.gif

#30520 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:05 PM

Humble Paradox again

$1

Cities In Motion 2

Magicka 2

Majesty 2

BTA

Crusader Kings II + The Old Gods

Pillars of Eternity

Hearts of Iron III Collection

EU III Complete

$12

Stellaris

So. . . ugh. They could have at least tossed in EUIV. Great deal if you don't already have PoE; otherwise, easy easy pass. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#30521 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4154 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:06 PM

Nice trolling Humble. You can bring out the real bundle now.

Hamble:

Steams: Wagglesworth       PSN: Taylort210   

#30522 Pengy99  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:07 PM

I love that Europa III Complete isn't complete. You have to buy the collection to actually get all the DLC.

#30523 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5314 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:09 PM

What definition of "Complete" are they using? Neither of those is complete, they both have other DLC which isn't included.

#30524 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

I love that Europa III Complete isn't complete. You have to buy the collection to actually get all the DLC.

It's because Paradox doesn't know when to stop making DLC. They finally quit making expansions for EUIII when EUIV came out. A new game in the series is pretty much the only thing that puts a damper on the DLC machine that is Paradox; I can imagine someone walking out of a devs' meeting in Stockholm and going to another room to tell three guys, "Hey, quit making that Gulf of Tonkin expansion of EUIV! We're about to announce EUV!"

What definition of "Complete" are they using? Neither of those is complete, they both have other DLC which isn't included.

It's a trick. To get all EUIII DLC, you have to own EUIII Chronicles AND EUIII Complete. But didn't you guys get a copy of EUIII Chronicles at Big Lots for $3 seven years ago?

Edited by warreni, 23 January 2018 - 07:13 PM.

1819.png

#30525 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

"Complete"

596.gif

#30526 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   483 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:12 PM

Crusader Kings II with one piece of DLC:

588Xi6axHiw7_IFDpLkBl5s5bB0=.gif

#30527 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3752 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:14 PM

Great deal if you don't already have PoE

For the base edition by itself? Not even close to a good deal.

You couldn't help noting with every breath that thousands of other people were very close to you and nearly all of them had armpits.

#30528 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

Why is ~$5 not a good deal for Pillars of Eternity? Base game still retails for $30, so it's easily more than 75% off. Yes, it would be nicer to have the entire expansion pass in the bundle, but White March sales have been very stingy to date. The cheapest the pass has been is $15.

The bigger concern should be that IGN has started running these terrible bundles for two weeks at a time with no second-week unlocks.

1819.png

#30529 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20001 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:18 PM

It's because it's so easy to make DLC for their games.  Paint bucket a new color on a uniform, call them a different country name, boom, DLC!  

Interested in multiplayer and co-op events on Steam?  Then join Spoderbro and Foxbro's Multiplayer and Bro-Op Steam group!  Add me on Steam for an invite:  http://steamcommunit...d/cheaplikeafox

#30530 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:20 PM

It's because it's so easy to make DLC for their games.  Paint bucket a new color on a uniform, call them a different country name, boom, DLC!

Eh, that's a little unfair. They do make a crap-ton of what are essentially cosmetic DLCs like different nationalities and music scores, but the expansions are usually more significant than that.

1819.png

#30531 Magnetic Cag   Meh CAGiversary!   249 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Magnetic Cag

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

I cannot get excited about a Rockstar bundle, sorry.  For instance, Bully is reported not playable on Windows 10.  Most of us have Max Payne, the older GTAs and LA Noire.  I heard some people like LA Noire VR, but that is niche and I doubt would be in a bundle.  GTA 5 for single player, not bad, but multiplayer is full of criticism about cash grab and cheating/broken.  Yes, extra layer of DRM with having to go through Rockstar Social Club.  RDR coming to PC, I am happy that MysterD is excited, while I will wait to read reviews on how good the port is.

The Bully situation is an easy fix. Wine HQ says the steam version is gold.  Just install the Windows Linux Subsystem, install wine in that, then steam in wine, and finally install Bully.  Easy.  :)

#30532 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5081 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:48 PM

This is why I woke up today?

#30533 Master Miguel   Tired CAGiversary!   1100 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Master Miguel

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

$5.70 for a good game that will last ~50-60hrs to complete plus 6 other games you may or may not be interested in is a great deal if you are looking to pick up pillars of eternity.

If you are a fan of lengthy well made isometric rpgs I don't understand how $5 for 'only' the base game of PoE can be 'not even close to a good deal', that's like 0.10/hr.

#30534 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4017 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:05 PM

I don't understand how $5 for 'only' the base game of PoE can be 'not even close to a good deal', that's like 0.10/hr.

Yur mum is free for an hour...that's a better deal.....

#30535 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10224 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Eh, that's a little unfair.

You know what else is unfair?  This terrible bundle.  So I endorse all snarking on it!

#30536 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5159 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:27 PM

You know what else is unfair?  This terrible bundle.  So I endorse all snarking on it!

Game on, sir!

1819.png

#30537 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6135 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:42 PM

Honestly, the bundle could have been a hell of a lot worse. It could have been filled with games that I just bought during the Winter sale instead of games that I've owned for 3-5 years.

#30538 Adrian.  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:52 PM

Wouldn't mind if that R* bundle had Bully and the GTA Collection. 

Because at this point, I don't even have a backlog anymore. It's just challenging myself to make my library as obnoxiously long as I can.

#30539 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4439 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:27 PM

I'm pretty sure Complete wasn't complete back when I started following bundles more than five years ago.

#30540 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23124 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Humble Paradox again

$1

Cities In Motion 2

Magicka 2

Majesty 2

BTA

Crusader Kings II + The Old Gods

Pillars of Eternity

Hearts of Iron III Collection

EU III Complete

$12

Stellaris

So. . . ugh. They could have at least tossed in EUIV. Great deal if you don't already have PoE; otherwise, easy easy pass. 

Already own PoE (base-game), so....pass.

Heck of a deal for those missing PoE base, though.

EDIT:

$5.70 for a good game that will last ~50-60hrs to complete plus 6 other games you may or may not be interested in is a great deal if you are looking to pick up pillars of eternity.

If you are a fan of lengthy well made isometric rpgs I don't understand how $5 for 'only' the base game of PoE can be 'not even close to a good deal', that's like 0.10/hr.

They should've put the Expansion Pass in the BTA or 1st tier...just so I can complete this PoE game. :P

EDIT 2:

Wouldn't mind if that R* bundle had Bully and the GTA Collection. 

Because at this point, I don't even have a backlog anymore. It's just challenging myself to make my library as obnoxiously long as I can.

Already own those from retail - but I'd love to put Bully on Steam.

Same goes for Max Payne 1, 2 & 3 - except for MP3, which I already own from Amazon DVG as the RSSC Version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free