* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#31861 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10757 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:02 AM

Sniper Elite 4 is good but animu is bad. Any takers for Berseria for $5 Amazon GC?

#31862 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8690 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:09 AM

Thought the narrative was really good.  Puzzles mediocre.  One of the best walking sims I've ever played. 

It's not a bad game but I think if you're excited to play the follow up to Amnesia and are expecting something similar you could be disappointed. Same type of gameplay but not nearly as tense or scary imo

Now that you mention it, from what I remember it really was closer to a walking simulator than anything else Frictional has made. 

#31863 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5146 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 01:17 AM

What a Killer Bundle!  Can't wait for next Month also.  This makes up for the shitty weekly

#31864 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:01 AM

September Headliners are quite strong, and great to see Tales of Berseria in a bundle, given it has not dropped this low before. Good surprise unlocks for August too, although Pathologic HD was 90 percent off on Steam a couple of weeks ago. With Surge being in it, it seems like Focus Home Interactive have been very involved in the Humble Monthly Bundles lately. Shiness, another game they published, was in the July one. Styx Shards of Darkness was in the June one. This makes it quite likely another title they published will be in the September one.

#31865 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 02:04 AM

Well, I think this is the first one I've skipped and regretted. Could've knocked 3 or 4 off my wishlist had I not backed out at the last minute.

Don't worry, you can pick those games up in the next Steam sale...

Spoiler

#31866 BossKey_Fox   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20980 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:06 AM

September Headliners are quite strong, and great to see Tales of Berseria in a bundle, given it has not dropped this low before. Good surprise unlocks for August too, although Pathologic HD was 90 percent off on Steam a couple of weeks ago. With Surge being in it, it seems like Focus Home Interactive have been very involved in the Humble Monthly Bundles lately. Shiness, another game they published, was in the July one. Styx Shards of Darkness was in the June one. This makes it quite likely another title they published will be in the September one.

I wonder how long before Vampyr and the upcoming Call of Cthulhu get bundled.

#31867 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6722 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:15 AM

Staxel is not going to be my kind of game at all. If any of you want it I'll sell it for $3 or trade for something.

#31868 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10757 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 03:51 AM

VEG-TUR-BRUH gardenz?!?

#31869 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 04:55 AM

Anybody who's redeemed The Surge: Is it the complete edition?

#31870 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1737 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:02 AM

Anybody who's redeemed The Surge: Is it the complete edition?

no, no paid dlc

#31871 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10995 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:29 AM

I haven't bought a Monthly in ages and have yet to really regret it.  The only unlock I might have been half interested in was The Surge and I already own it.  The only thing from next month I'd have any interest in is SE4 and I own it.  I guess I could just stop buying stuff I'm interested in and wait a year for them to be bundled but SE4 I played a long while ago so it's not as though it's been backlogged all this time.

#31872 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14538 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:48 AM

Uh...

S7eovIo.png

Looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is also in the September bundle.

#31873 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8690 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:17 AM

I haven't bought a Monthly in ages and have yet to really regret it.  The only unlock I might have been half interested in was The Surge and I already own it.  The only thing from next month I'd have any interest in is SE4 and I own it.  I guess I could just stop buying stuff I'm interested in and wait a year for them to be bundled but SE4 I played a long while ago so it's not as though it's been backlogged all this time.

If I hadn't bought the June bundle I would've regretted it. Didn't want Destiny 2 but sold it for 7.50, have already played Yooka Laylee which I enjoyed, and the first Styx game was really good so wanted the 2nd. Last month sucked. This month I would've regretted not buying as well, wanted Hat in Time, and although none of the reveals thrilled me I'll take Kona and The Surge. 

The key to Humble Monthlys is to be fine with going through the effort to sell off titles you don't want, I probably spend like 2 dollars a month or so on average after selling off the excess titles. This month I'll probably wind up making money even though I'm keeping Hat in Time/Surge/Kona. 

Uh...

S7eovIo.png

Looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is also in the September bundle.

The way it's written on the humble monthly page makes it seem like it's an either or proposition...take the early unlocks as is or take rise of the tomb raider.

Guess we'll see in a month.

#31874 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1116 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:51 AM

In regards to selling, depends on the region, as fees in some regions makes it very difficult to sell stuff via Paypal on the cesspool. Rise of the Tomb Raider is not the anniversary edition, which really makes the former option of the three games better than the latter. For those who are able to sell, survival games like Conan really punch above their weight in terms of resale value, while games like Deus Ex Mankind Divided, in part because of being quite cheap on Steam anyways, have dipped considerably in value. Some non early unlocks are worth quite a bit too, based on my experiences on Barter.

Was thinking of trading the copy of Tales I traded for, but not owning any of the prior titles of the series and the fact it had been on my wishlist before has lead me to redeeming it. Barter weirdness was a factor too.

#31875 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5146 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

I, too, have "syntax errored" a few AAA games.. yet ragret nuthing

#31876 mokmoof   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:09 PM

no, no paid dlc

Good to know. Thanks.

#31877 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10995 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:34 PM

The key to Humble Monthlys is to be fine with going through the effort to sell off titles you don't want, I probably spend like 2 dollars a month or so on average after selling off the excess titles

Yeah, I just have no interest in doing that.  I don't blame anyone else for it or think it's dumb, I just don't want to go through the bother especially when the unlocks make me yawn.  I'd rather just keep my $12 and spend it on a game I'm actually enthusiastic about owning rather than saying "After selling these games for $8, I only paid $4 for these other games that are... fine, I guess".  It doesn't help that I'm not really into platformers (2D or 3D) so the stuff people have been jazzed up about the last couple months doesn't ping with me at all.

#31878 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14538 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, I just have no interest in doing that.  I don't blame anyone else for it or think it's dumb, I just don't want to go through the bother especially when the unlocks make me yawn.  I'd rather just keep my $12 and spend it on a game I'm actually enthusiastic about owning rather than saying "After selling these games for $8, I only paid $4 for these other games that are... fine, I guess".  It doesn't help that I'm not really into platformers (2D or 3D) so the stuff people have been jazzed up about the last couple months doesn't ping with me at all.

You could always buy this one and choose Rise of the Tomb Raider instead of 3 other games that are of much more value. That'll show 'em.

#31879 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8690 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:36 PM

Yeah, i get it. For me every month I get usually at least one game I'm at least fairly excited about and then 1-3 other titles that I'm either excited about or think are worth a try, which adds up to a steal for 2-4 bucks a month for me.

But yeah if you'd rather not deal with reselling stuff then it's rarely worth buying a monthly imo. 

#31880 RubMySweatyThighsPls  

RubMySweatyThighsPls

Posted 04 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

I was about to buy it on a Steam Sale and at this price it's a no brainer since its never been this cheap plus you get other games 

#31881 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   3101 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2018 - 06:16 PM

No bundle. No bundle. No bundle. No bundle. No bundle.

O61eekY.gif

#31882 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1671 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

Humble Comics Bundle: Valiant Universe

Pretty good!  There's going to be a lot of story overlap in the $15 tier with older Valiant bundles, but the $1 and $8 tiers are almost entirely new to bundling, I think? 

Three #1 only issues in the $1 tier, two volume 1 only books, but some stand alone graphic novels there, too.  Pretty easy tier to suggest, at the very least.  $8 tier is okay (I'll probably get it).  $15 tier is worth it for Divinity alone IMHO, but if you got older Valiant bundles, 4001 AD is the only other thing that I don't recall appearing before in some form.

#31883 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2784 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:13 PM

man I just completely lost track of Valiant when they started doing the constant crossovers and events

Archer and Armstrong was great, though, so was Quantum and Woody

#31884 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14538 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:35 PM

Why do they think we want so many books all the time? Whatever happened to games?

#31885 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4595 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2018 - 06:38 PM

Why do they think we want so many books all the time? Whatever happened to games?

Stop whining... Books are games with 100% less of that crap that makes games, games AMIRITE?!?!?

#31886 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14538 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:12 AM

Stop whining... Books are games with 100% less of that crap that makes games, games AMIRITE?!?!?

Books are games you have to imagine, and if I have to imagine something I'd imagine big ol' tiddies instead.

#31887 Bizzquik   TheBizz CAGiversary!   2175 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:05 PM

That's a really good point.  With books, I get to use my imagination rather being forced to deal with pesky middling "gameplay" that makes these worlds so tiresome.

And too many developers don't include fun activities in their gameplay loops that I of course would.  For instance, when watching so many people gather 'round the campfire in those Red Dead Redemption 2 scenes, that's a perfect spot for them to play Duck Duck Goose.  But you bet your bottom dollar Rockstar doesn't have the imagination to pull that great mini-game off.  But while reading a book, my brain absolutely interjects that necessary levity into those moments to provide extra group-bonding context.

#31888 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4593 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:57 PM

They've been doing weekly book bundles on Wednesday for like two or three years now, how are you only just noticing?

#31889 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 07:04 PM

My favorite part in Relic is when Agent Penderghast stops investigating the strange murders for 4 hours and goes off to find the remaining 43 hidden coins scattered around he museum.

I feel like there’s a quality gameplay mechanic in there somewhere.

#31890 JCAll   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1989 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 August 2018 - 11:06 PM

Books are games you have to imagine, and if I have to imagine something I'd imagine big ol' tiddies instead.

The Pounded in the Butt bundle must have been really hard for you.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free