* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#32911 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4805 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2019 - 03:42 PM

Crashlands is basically Don't Starve, but way more humor-oriented, and self-referential (breaking the 4th wall type of stuff). I don't have a ton of hours in it but if liked Don't Starve, you'll definitely like this. 

If Crashlands had been in a lower tier I would have been tempted.

#32912 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6467 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:31 AM

Crashlands is basically Don't Starve, but way more humor-oriented, and self-referential (breaking the 4th wall type of stuff). I don't have a ton of hours in it but if liked Don't Starve, you'll definitely like this. 

Crashlands is a Don't Starve that doesn't piss you off.  I've played a lot of it on mobile.  I don't really get why people like Don't Starve, but they're probably the same people who enjoy stuff like Dark Souls.

#32913 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

So is Google Authenticator the only form of 2FA that Humble offers? I have to download an app to my phone, or any way to just link a phone number and get texts? 

#32914 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4805 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 08:38 PM

So is Google Authenticator the only form of 2FA that Humble offers? I have to download an app to my phone, or any way to just link a phone number and get texts? 

Getting texts isn't quite as secure as an app tied to a physical item. Getting texts is a form of "what you know" while the app and device is "what you have."

#32915 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2019 - 10:01 PM

Trust me, you don't want the stupid "check your email for a link that brings you to a page to enter your phone number so you can get a code that doesn't send out right away and expires within 5 minutes and you can only receive 3 texted codes per day" verification they had before.

#32916 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2976 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:02 PM

Fanatical: "We're going to have Bundle Fest this week. It's the bundle event of the year."

Hamble: "Here are some art assets for fantasy game devs."

https://www.humblebu...game-dev-bundle

Spoiler

kpmuzkN.jpg

#32917 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 February 2019 - 07:34 PM

Fanatical: "We're going to have Bundle Fest this week. It's the bundle event of the year."

Fanatical: "Here's a 'mystery bundle'."

https://www.fanatica...-mystery-bundle

kpmuzkN.jpg

#32918 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Nearing puberty. CAGiversary!   1489 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:19 AM

Spoiler

kpmuzkN.jpg

Do you like weather?

#32919 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6467 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:28 AM

I just grabbed the $15 tier of the Spawn Humble Comics Bundle.  Paper comics are so damned expensive these days that it seemed like a good deal.  It's over 100 issues of the series, and I'm looking forward to the issues with Greg Capullo on the pencils.  I was always a fan of his work on Quasar and X-Force.

In comparison, the Start Here Comics Bundle reminds me of a chick who gives you a quick flash of underboob and then covers up quickly.

#32920 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4805 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:12 AM

Spoiler

Great bundle for all the CAGs making a game with the tools they've gotten from bundles over the years.

(Only half joking. This is sort of tempting.)

#32921 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4276 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:13 AM

In comparison, the Start Here Comics Bundle reminds me of a chick who gives you a quick flash of underboob and then covers up quickly.

It may legitimately be the worst comics bundle Humble has ever offered.

Also, does that happen to you often?

#32922 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6467 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:04 AM

It may legitimately be the worst comics bundle Humble has ever offered.

Also, does that happen to you often?

Not as often as I'd like.  Even less since I became a PC gamer.

#32923 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11214 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:21 AM

I just grabbed the $15 tier of the Spawn Humble Comics Bundle.  Paper comics are so damned expensive these days that it seemed like a good deal.  It's over 100 issues of the series, and I'm looking forward to the issues with Greg Capullo on the pencils.  I was always a fan of his work on Quasar and X-Force.

"Spawn got people to read comics. And then encouraged them to read better comics than Spawn."

I'm passing on this as it's really only half the issues, and it's a lot easier to just continue to ignore the book if you don't already own half the run. This basically ends at Spawn 122, leaving you at least 181 issues shy of what the run will be at a minimum.  

Right now Todd McFarlane is just chomping at the bit to get to 301 so as to present a giant middle finger to Dave Sim when Spawn passes Cerebus to become the longest running American indie comic. 

Related to that, this collection doesn't include Spawn issue 10, which was written by Dave Sim. 

#32924 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6467 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:36 AM

"Spawn got people to read comics. And then encouraged them to read better comics than Spawn."

I'm passing on this as it's really only half the issues, and it's a lot easier to just continue to ignore the book if you don't already own half the run. This basically ends at Spawn 122, leaving you at least 181 issues shy of what the run will be at a minimum.  

Right now Todd McFarlane is just chomping at the bit to get to 301 so as to present a giant middle finger to Dave Sim when Spawn passes Cerebus to become the longest running American indie comic. 

Related to that, this collection doesn't include Spawn issue 10, which was written by Dave Sim. 

Yeah, I saw something on Reddit about how issue 10 is missing.  Is it required reading or something?  I'm not that big of a Spawn fan, so 122 issues is probably enough for me.  Other than playing Capcom's Spawn game on the Dreamcast and watching the HBO series, I don't know much about the character, so I figured that buying the whole bundle will give me enough stories to get my feet wet.  That said, I haven't spent much time reading the other comics that I've gotten from other bundles, so I have a lot to get caught up on before I start reading these.

It would be great if there was a DC or Marvel Humble Comics Bundle, but hell will freeze over before they do that.

#32925 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:16 AM

Not as often as I'd like.  Even less since I became a PC gamer.

It's mostly men doing that on PC.

#32926 Yu Narukami  

Yu Narukami

Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Fanatical: "Here's a 'mystery bundle'."

https://www.fanatica...-mystery-bundle

Did anybody get this? Is it random or does everyone get the same stuff?

#32927 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   636 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 20 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

Did anybody get this? Is it random or does everyone get the same stuff?

It's random. So much so that it IS possible to get the same game multiple times, although if that happens, Fanatical will apparently swap out keys for non-duplicate keys.

#32928 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   463 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 03:04 PM

Is this really a thing? Archie hit #700 last year; if Image counts as indie, then I feel like Archie would too.

Dave Sim self-published and wrote and drew every issue of Cerebus, which is true indie.

#32929 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 20 February 2019 - 08:10 PM

Is this really a thing? Archie hit #700 last year; if Image counts as indie, then I feel like Archie would too.

Dave Sim self-published and wrote and drew every issue of Cerebus, which is true indie.

I agree with this. Seriously, the only way to get more mainstream than Image comics is Marvel and DC. Image lost its “indie cred” before the 90’s were done.

#32930 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10425 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

Stupid short month...

#32931 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14386 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:32 PM

Spawn was made into a movie with John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen. Todd McFarlane makes more selling figures of Spawn characters than he does with the comics. They had video games in the 90's.

There's no way Spawn should be considered indie.

#32932 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10904 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:33 PM

John Leguizamo, Martin Sheen and CGI rendered on a Gamecube.

AKzGuNo.gif

#32933 elessar123  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 05:54 PM

Spawn was made into a movie with John Leguizamo and Martin Sheen. Todd McFarlane makes more selling figures of Spawn characters than he does with the comics. They had video games in the 90's.

There's no way Spawn should be considered indie.

There was also a TV series on HBO.

#32934 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5478 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:16 PM

Todd McFarlane makes more selling figures of Spawn characters than he does with the comics.

Eh, maybe now as having money makes it easier to make money but when he started Image Comics with the other artists he made his first fortune. While it's hard to consider Imagine or any of its offshoots indie now days I think it's a little disingenuous to blowoff what he's accomplished.

The man, while an unbelievable dick in person, is a true visionary in the comics industry.

#32935 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:27 PM

I don’t think people are blowing off his accomplishments. Image was a huge risk and accomplishment for those who began it. And now it is as mainstream as the big 2. One can recognize and respect the past accomplishments while acknowledging the present as well.

Otherwise we might be having the same conversation about McDonald’s. “Well, they weren’t always a worldwide corporate conglomerate. They started as just one store, so I think it should be considered an indie style burger.”

#32936 TheLongshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2448 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

TheLongshot

Posted 22 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

I'd argue that while Image is a large company, they are still very much an indie comic book company. I'd also argue that content-wise, they are more independent from comic book tropes than they were when they started. In the beginning it was just comic book artists apeing what they did with Marvel, but in recent years have published a lot of interesting books. They are also independent of corporate conglomerates, unlike DC and Marvel.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

#32937 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:07 PM

They are also independent of corporate conglomerates, unlike DC and Marvel.

I might point out, that much like Marvel and DC, prior to their acquisition by larger companies, that the company itself is the corporate conglomerate. I think one of the best arguements for they’ve maintained an independent status is how they structured image, such as how McFarlane is a separate entity which is published by Image, but their makeup is just as convoluted as any other big company.

Outside of that, they publish huge and well known properties. Spawn is a huge mainstream IP, then even just tossing Walking Dead into the mix, I can’t even imagine considering it an indie publisher any longer.

It’s like a band. They may be amazing still, but they lose their street cred and start being “sell outs” once they’re successful.

#32938 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5478 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:19 PM

It’s like a band. They may be amazing still, but they lose their street cred and start being “sell outs” once they’re successful.

Going to just have to disagree as I find this comparison disrespectful also.

#32939 Maskim   RIP Lemmy CAGiversary!   900 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:51 PM

Going to just have to disagree as I find this comparison disrespectful also.

It may just be. That doesn’t make it any less apt, though.

#32940 IkedaTeramusa   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3150 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

IkedaTeramusa

Posted 23 February 2019 - 12:07 AM

Personally I preferred Chaos Comics over Image... Lady Death was hot (and then Purgatory).  Course.. that was just after Disco became old...