* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#33961 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Nice to see Yakuza Kiwami in a Monthly. I'm guessing that Kiwami 2 shows up some time next year.

#33962 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7201 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:27 AM

Nice to see Yakuza Kiwami in a Monthly. I'm guessing that Kiwami 2 shows up some time next year.

Maybe I'll play Yakuza Zero and Kiwami by then.  I actually beat Yakuza and Yakuza 2 on the PlayStation 2 way back when.  Good times.

#33963 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1292 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:05 PM

Choice launches December 6

edit, copypasta

A few common questions for the switch to Choice

How will I know if I’m getting the Classic plan?
Keep your subscription active before December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time and you will get the Classic plan. We’ll email you before December 6 to confirm you are still eligible for the Classic plan.

How will I get my December Monthly content?
On December 6 at 10:00 am Pacific time, you will receive an email with a link to all of your December Monthly games. You will also receive a link to check out games for Humble Choice’s first month. All games for Choice are revealed upfront!

Are there any changes to billing?
Just like with Humble Monthly, you will be billed on the last Friday of the month. You can also pay early to unlock your games immediately.

Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time.

#33964 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3534 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 08 November 2019 - 06:51 PM

anyone else get an email with the subject:

Give a friend a one-month free trial of Humble Monthly!

Seems kinda... maybe 'exploitable' is too strong a word and I didn't read the fine print, but I digress. Perhaps this is the new re-sub discount coupon going forward.

#33965 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4708 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:34 AM

Received an email for $3 off if I re-subscribed to the Monthly. Way too busy not watching the witch hunt coverage to play games though. It's a disgrace! No cat president has EVER been treated so badly as I have!

#33966 tpatricio   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 09:28 PM

How can i cancel/pause the subscription?

When i click on "MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION " on https://www.humblebu...bscription/home nothing happens.

Tested with Opera/Chrome/Firefox.

Edit: Direct link to cancel: https://www.humblebu...el-subscription

#33967 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10779 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2019 - 11:21 PM

Not a good idea to cancel now.

#33968 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4708 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2019 - 04:26 AM

Not a good idea to cancel now.

giphy.gif

#33969 zer0sfx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 21 November 2019 - 09:05 PM

Humble's giving away Serial Cleaner for free right now. Turns out I already had it. Enjoy

39AIZ-B930A-BJA36

#33970 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 09:59 PM

Man, Humble’s really pushing to get people subscribed before the shift, I just got a $3 coupon and I haven’t even ever bought a monthly.

#33971 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   2043 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2019 - 10:29 PM

Man, Humble’s really pushing to get people subscribed before the shift, I just got a $3 coupon and I haven’t even ever bought a monthly.

Same.  Thanks for posting, found it in my junk folder.

So after buying in for one month can I pause until I actually want the featured games again?  Forgive me for the basic question - I just haven't followed the changes and all that.

#33972 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:18 PM

First Humble Choice bundle potentially leaked already:

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Blasphemous

Void Bastards

Phantom Doctrine

Dead in Vinland

Horizon Chase Turbo

Dark Future: Blood Red States

Desert Child

Aegis Defenders

X-Morph: Defense

Half the stuff in there looks like Groupees/IndieGala/Fanatical-level stuff, but the other half looks fairly strong.

#33973 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

I literally haven’t even heard of more than half of those.

#33974 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25101 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:23 PM

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Blasphemous

Void Bastards

Phantom Doctrine

Dead in Vinland

Horizon Chase Turbo

Dark Future: Blood Red States

Desert Child

Aegis Defenders

X-Morph: Defense

Half the stuff in there looks like Groupees/IndieGala/Fanatical-level stuff, but the other half looks fairly strong.

Is Shadow of the TR the Regular Edition or Croft Edition? or Definitive Edition?

#33975 DonaldBlank   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

DonaldBlank

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

at Classic pricing, this doesn't seem that much better than what we usually get, and new subs would end up paying way more

#33976 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:37 PM

Is Shadow of the TR the Regular Edition or Croft Edition? or Definitive Edition?

I would assume the base game and no DLC, although I don't think you can even buy the base game by itself anymore? Seems like the only version sold anywhere is the Definitive version.

#33977 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25101 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

I would assume the base game and no DLC, although I don't think you can even buy the base game by itself anymore? Seems like the only version sold anywhere is the Definitive version.

Nope, Steam doesn't sell the SotTR base-game alone anymore.

Only Definitive Edition (with everything) now.

#33978 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:34 AM

I literally haven’t even heard of more than half of those.

I've heard about the top 4 and Horizon Chase Turbo simply because it was part of ps+ in July.

#33979 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:14 AM

They may go the Just Cause 3 route and throw in the DLC, plus a definitive edition is the only one available now. Don't believe a definitive edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider was out when the base game was a headliner a while back.

Given the new pricing structure, I'm hoping Final Fantasy XV is a headliner at some point. Plus that game and a bunch of other Final Fantasy titles will be on Game Pass, so perhaps that's indicative of some change in the pricing of Square Enix's JRPG titles.

#33980 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1960 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:21 AM

If the leak is true, I'm definitely in for Phantom Doctrine, Void Bastards and Blasphemous.

#33981 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10779 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:51 AM

Not thrilled with the one AAA splash game and the rest being Groupies-tier fodder.  What made Humble bundles great in the (distant) past was that they'd contain a number of higher tier indie-games.

#33982 JSweeney   ... CAGiversary!   11280 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

JSweeney

Posted 25 November 2019 - 03:24 AM

This is such a weird choice for them- they could have very easily used a chunk of this lineup for last month, and then been able to lead off Humble Choice with Crash, Spyro, Call of Duty and Shenmue 1 and 2. 

While Blasphemous, Void Bastards and Phantom Doctrine are nice includes, none of them really feel like headliners. 
I'm thinking if I saw Tomb Raider and one of them listed as the early unlocks if this was a normal Monthly, I'd probably have paused, and not feel too terrible about it after the reveal. 

What's really scary is how much more chaff level stuff is included... the whole package looks less impressive with all the Indiegala level stuff tacked on. 

#33983 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:28 AM

This is such a weird choice for them- they could have very easily used a chunk of this lineup for last month, and then been able to lead off Humble Choice with Crash, Spyro, Call of Duty and Shenmue 1 and 2.

While Blasphemous, Void Bastards and Phantom Doctrine are nice includes, none of them really feel like headliners.
I'm thinking if I saw Tomb Raider and one of them listed as the early unlocks if this was a normal Monthly, I'd probably have paused, and not feel too terrible about it after the reveal.

What's really scary is how much more chaff level stuff is included... the whole package looks less impressive with all the Indiegala level stuff tacked on.

Keep in mind it wasn’t meant to be revealed yet. I think they’re really pushing for a lot of people to subscribe before the changeover so that afterwards they’ll feel obligated to stay on to keep the grandfathered price, which is why they’ve had so many high profile games the last few months. As a side effect of that, they probably weren’t able to secure a standout first bundle for the change, though since they’ll probably have secured a lot of new subscriptions for the time being, they aren’t too fussed about it.

#33984 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1046 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:40 AM

My hopes for good unlocks on this bundle are not looking good.  Agree about next bundle that Tomb Raider, Phantom Doctrine, Void Bastards and a couple of others - nice but not stellar.  Void Bastards is actually published by Humble.  The bundle is worth $12 but not a good way to kick off the new sub.

#33985 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4708 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:14 PM

What are you guys talking about? There are 10 Positive to Very Positive Steam games here, there haven't been 10 Steam games in a monthly before as far as I can see that didn't count a DLC or a Humble Original. You guys are the LAMESTREAM FAKE NEWS!

#33986 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4617 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

I choose to remain unsubscribed...

#33987 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 06:49 PM

Not thrilled with the one AAA splash game and the rest being Groupies-tier fodder.  What made Humble bundles great in the (distant) past was that they'd contain a number of higher tier indie-games.

Man, I'd like to find this Groupies you're talking about. Unfortunately all we have in this reality is Groupees which has served up straight trash for years now.

There's a lot of good looking stuff in this bundle, but given that I've heard mostly mildly negative stuff about SoTR and Phantom Doctrine and I already played Void Bastards through game pass and Horizon Chase through PS+ means I'd probably skip this one

#33988 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4685 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:23 PM

So just hypothetically, let's say I subscribe to Humble Monthly this month. When would I need to pause so that I get this month but not next month? And can I stay paused indefinitely?

#33989 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   980 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 25 November 2019 - 10:03 PM

So just hypothetically, let's say I subscribe to Humble Monthly this month. When would I need to pause so that I get this month but not next month? And can I stay paused indefinitely?

Pause on or before December 26th (They'd bill you on the 27th, last Friday of the month).

And you can pause as often as you want. Just remember to pause manually each time prior to the billing date.

#33990 hal   Game Hoarder CAGiversary!   5715 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:30 AM

I see four games on there that I'd play... a couple are even on my wishlist. The TR game is the real deal here, of course, but I've been eyeing X-Morph Defense to satisfy my TD cravings. Phantom Doctrine looks like a really cool turn-based tactics game. Void Bastards is a well-regarded roguelike FPS, which should be good for a few hours of fun. Blasphemous, I guess, is the other one... Metroidvania, cool, but I've got a dozen of those on backlog.

I don't know about the other five. Still, I don't think I'd paint them with the Gala/Groupees brush. Questionable? Yes. Garbage. Maybe not.