* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#34801 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 28 June 2020 - 08:43 PM

I used to just remove my payment method from my Humble account since that would automatically cancel the sub and skip having to go through a half dozen screens and prompts. Not really an option now since that would kick me out of the Classic plan. But honestly, they send you an e-mail whenever you pause. If you don't see an e-mail, you aren't paused.

#34802 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10930 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:59 PM

Yeah that locked-in credit card sucks because I wanted to switch to a card with a higher cash back percentage.  Although... not like an extra 1.5% cash back on a $12 bundle is going to make or break the value considering I end up buying maybe three or four of these per year.

#34803 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1783 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:05 AM

Yeah that locked-in credit card sucks because I wanted to switch to a card with a higher cash back percentage.  Although... not like an extra 1.5% cash back on a $12 bundle is going to make or break the value considering I end up buying maybe three or four of these per year.

Can you switch it to paypal?  Then you could pick your card on the fly

#34804 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:12 AM

If you go to your Humble Choice sub page and click "Manage Your Subscription", you'll have the option of adding a PP account or another CC, or you can just change your CC to a different one.

Just be sure to set the new payment method as the default one before removing the old payment method. I've read about people getting screwed over because they didn't do things in the right order. Crap like that fuels my paranoia and makes me never event want to touch that info.

#34805 hostyl1   Rejoice commoners! CAGiversary!   3080 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:12 AM

If you go to your Humble Choice sub page and click "Manage Your Subscription", you'll have the option of adding a PP account or another CC, or you can just change your CC to a different one.

Just be sure to set the new payment method as the default one before removing the old payment method. I've read about people getting screwed over because they didn't do things in the right order. Crap like that fuels my paranoia and makes me never event want to touch that info.

See, that make me want to go and try it immediately. If I screwed up the order and got kicked out of classic permanently, I'd never worry about Humble Bundle Choice again. I kinda of want to be done with it, nevertheless, I persist....

#34806 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9047 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

Summer Sale ruined the Playism bundle on Steam. Instead of being 90% off across the board, individual games being discounted made them lower the bundle discount to 70% which makes Silver Case and Break Arts II $4.65 as opposed to $3.50 because the individual discounts are so crappy (only a few are 70% which is the minimum needed to bring prices to around what they were when the bundle was 90% off).

#34807 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7798 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 11:29 AM

Summer Sale ruined the Playism bundle on Steam. Instead of being 90% off across the board, individual games being discounted made them lower the bundle discount to 70% which makes Silver Case and Break Arts II $4.65 as opposed to $3.50 because the individual discounts are so crappy (only a few are 70% which is the minimum needed to bring prices to around what they were when the bundle was 90% off).

I went with the $1 tier of the Humble Playism Bundle because the only game in the highest tier that appealed to me was The Silver Case.  But I don't think that I'll miss playing it that much.

#34808 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:03 PM

A lot of highly acclaimed comics in this bundle. I might go for the top tier: https://www.humblebu...-showcase-books

#34809 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7798 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:11 AM

A lot of highly acclaimed comics in this bundle. I might go for the top tier: https://www.humblebu...-showcase-books

I wish that DC or Marvel would do a DRM-free bundle just once.  

#34810 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:20 AM

I've read some of Monstress, Ice Cream Man and all of the Snot Girl on offer. I think Ice Cream Man was interesting for sure though maybe not amazing. I only read volume 1. Monstress was gorgeous and pretty slow for what I read, but seemed good. Only read volume 1 as well. Snotgirl I kind of found annoying. It's a little shallow and just OK, but maybe maybe that's what it wants to be. Too bad it doesn't include my favorite likely of the Image comics I've read some of but need to catch up, which is Paper Girls. That one is interesting and pretty cool. Read two volumes. Image Comics always have interesting themes and stories usually aimed at the more mature crowd, so I do recommend the bundle as well.

#34811 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5436 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:08 AM

You can definitely change cards without losing the classic plan. Source: I did so myself, back in February.

#34812 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7798 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 11:15 AM

I already bought the $1 tier of the Playism bundle, but I'm considering the top tier.  Is there any way that it will let me add $9 since I already purchase the first tier?  If not, I'll just skip it.  Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer this for me.  The bundle ends in 6 hours.

#34813 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9047 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted Yesterday, 11:41 AM

Yes. Go to your existing order and click the "Like what we're doing?" thing at the top.

#34814 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7798 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 12:44 PM

Yes. Go to your existing order and click the "Like what we're doing?" thing at the top.

Thanks, buddy.  I was considering completing the Playism bundle on Steam, but there wasn't any price difference, so Humble it is!

#34815 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1738 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

I've read a fair amount of the Image comics in the bundle and the best things in there are Copra and Criminal.  I also really like Nailbiter - it's a fun comedic horror comic.

A lot of people really, really like God Country but I didn't see what all the fuss was about on that one.

Nowhere Men and They're Not Like Us are both good but they're hard to recommend because they're never going to finish up their stories.

#34816 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   580 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:44 PM

The main thing that interested me in the Image bundle was Stray Bullets. I own most of the original run, but it's been like 15+ years since I read any of it. I always meant to get back to it since I loved it back in the day.

I also have a friend who almost never reads comics who liked Monstress, so I was interested in that.

#34817 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7798 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:11 PM

Hoping for a decent monthly Humble Choice like... :pray:

#34818 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25627 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:18 PM

Hoping for a decent monthly Humble Choice like... :pray:

Ditto. I'm hoping some stuff I want that hasn't been cheap or is in the Steam Sale at higher prices is in here.

That way, I can start ordering-up $30+ worth of Steam stuff to get some $5 off over there.

#34819 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9955 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:19 PM

I'm predicting 2 old AAA games with one being bundled before but maybe like 2 years ago. Some rogue lite game....a shooter I'm guessing. Some old game that hasn't been bundled before like Capitalism was before, like 1 or 2 co-op/multiplayer only games, 1 few month old indie game that's no longer selling well, a few indie games from about 2 years+ ago and likely puzzle games, and the rest are games very few know about including 1 VN that only I know about.

#34820 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14870 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:39 PM

Hoping for a decent monthly Humble Choice like... 

tenor.gif

ftfy

(it's gonna suck)

#34821 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted Today, 04:38 PM

I'm excited. Not because I think the selection will be good, but because I'll finally be able to buy the games in my Steam cart without fear of them getting bundled.

#34822 BasilZero   Retribution CAGiversary!   161 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

BasilZero

Posted Today, 05:00 PM

I'm excited. Not because I think the selection will be good, but because I'll finally be able to buy the games in my Steam cart without fear of them getting bundled.

Lmao same here - been waiting for this moment before buying games on Steam.

#34823 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   717 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:05 PM

Another pause for me. Much, much worse than June.

On the other hand, if this is how it's going into the future, maybe those of us with months remaining should start thinking about cutting our losses, stop pausing and just cash out now, as the potential value in our remaining months only keeps going down month after month. 

What was the bonus game for June? Can't even tell.

#34824 Insomniac_34   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1130 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Insomniac_34

Posted Today, 05:06 PM

Another pause for me.

What was the bonus game for June? Can't even tell.

I'm reading that it was Boundless

Third skip in a row. New personal record.

#34825 shrinerr   Are you software people ready to fucking party? CAGiversary!   1355 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:06 PM

BH 2 was one of the games on my wishlist, so there's that

#34826 BMXJouster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1427 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 05:11 PM

giphy.gif

#34827 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   11093 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted Today, 05:21 PM

BH 2 was one of the games on my wishlist, so there's that

I bought it earlier this week and played over four hours on it so no refund but also no regrets.  It's a fun game and I've enjoyed playing it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free