* * * * * 21 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#35011 eulogywerd21   Jesus wept CAGiversary!   3728 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

eulogywerd21

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:50 PM

Focus Home Interactive is the equivalent of the  “Coming soon to a home theater near you” VHS releases of the 80s and 90s ... yeah, it’s playable but you’re never going to see their stuff getting the red carpet treatment.

I dunno...

https://store.steamp...Tale_Innocence/

Certainly no slouch of a release and if they keeping making games like this, they'll be nearly top tiered.

#35012 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2848 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

pretty cool collection of games given away for free in the past. now when's the actual Choice coming

#35013 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 06:59 PM

I dunno...

Certainly no slouch of a release and if they keeping making games like this, they'll be nearly top tiered.

Played that in PC Game Pass.

Yeah, Plague's Tale is really good.

EDIT:

Also, back in the day from Focus, this game was also certainly not a slouch:

https://store.steamp...Developers_Cut/

It was really good and then some, actually.

#35014 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:00 PM

Mediocre at best.  Headlining with Focus Home Interactive titles is not impressive.  Yeah Wargroove is neat but that will inevitably be bundled again.  As will the rest of this stuff.  Hell, American Fugitive is currently in a $4 Fanatical bundle.

not mind blowing but in terms of whether im happy to spend 12 bucks on it or not the answer is yeah i am which is really all i worry about with these

#35015 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:01 PM

yeah thats when i got it. i thought it would probably be bundled relatively soon so made an effort to play it, finished it a few weeks ago

Good call on finishing it up. I still need to work on the final area and all.

How was the final chapter and end-stuff? How was your ending/outcome?

#35016 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5131 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:05 PM

Best Humble Monthly ever. If you disagree you will be banned.

I disagree on the grounds that it's not even a Humble Monthly, it's a Humble Choice.

#35017 Tibor   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   279 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:32 PM

Bah, this is what I get for checking here first. Bummed out. If I'd checked humble first I'd have just been happy. Genesis Alpha One... 1.5 years wait and its in a humble monthly choice.. deal..of the month.

Epic exclusive failure. Oh, and Vampyr looks nice I guess. Nothing uber great but whatever.

Vikings Wolves of Midgard was the extra special bonus game for July btw.

#35018 elessar123  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:42 PM

Automachef is pretty fun too. You automate fast food restaurants. Later on, you can actually do some programming...which I stopped at because it started feeling like work.

#35019 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11056 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:52 PM

Focus Home Interactive is the equivalent of the  “Coming soon to a home theater near you” VHS releases of the 80s and 90s ... yeah, it’s playable but you’re never going to see their stuff getting the red carpet treatment.

Was going to reply and say something like this but you hit the nail on the head.  In relation to what people consider "AAA" titles, FHI pumps out B-list titles.  And while I'm not saying AAA games are always superior, one would have thought a 'benefit' to IGN taking over Humble was more AAA titles headlining monthlies.  Instead we get stuff that you would expect from Fanatical, just at a markup because Humble still styles itself as the 'better' bundle.

#35020 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11056 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:02 PM

not mind blowing but in terms of whether im happy to spend 12 bucks on it or not the answer is yeah i am which is really all i worry about with these

I've sort of been 'forcing' myself to play games that have sat on my Steam list for years to derive value/justify my purchase of them (albeit most of these fall in the category of bundle fodder and probably were not more than $1 each, if that).  A couple I've enjoyed, but most I have shrugged off after an hour or so of play not meriting any further other than the sake of saying I completed it -- and I simply don't bother.  The games in this bundle look 'okay,' but aren't stuff that I would play immediately and would most likely fall by the wayside as time goes by.  The value of game bundles is unmistakable.  But that value isn't realized if you never install and finish (or put a decent amount of playtime) into the games.

In theory, I'd get a good deal.  In practice, I would have just wasted $12.

#35021 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

I've sort of been 'forcing' myself to play games that have sat on my Steam list for years to derive value/justify my purchase of them (albeit most of these fall in the category of bundle fodder and probably were not more than $1 each, if that).  A couple I've enjoyed, but most I have shrugged off after an hour or so of play not meriting any further other than the sake of saying I completed it -- and I simply don't bother.  The games in this bundle look 'okay,' but aren't stuff that I would play immediately and would most likely fall by the wayside as time goes by.  The value of game bundles is unmistakable.  But that value isn't realized if you never install and finish (or put a decent amount of playtime) into the games.

In theory, I'd get a good deal.  In practice, I would have just wasted $12.

Oh for sure this makes sense. When i buy the bundles i tend to only actually keep like 1-3 of the games and sell the rest, which usually means i spend like 2-3 bucks a bundle and wind up playing at least half the games i get so it works for me pretty great. But yeah if you're spending 12 bucks and playing just a handful of the games you buy not so much for sure, but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway

#35022 Ex~   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   757 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:25 PM

Humble is giving away F1 2018.

Comparing it to my copy of F1 2015, there appear to be two extra playable characters.

They seem to have worked fixing the issue with F1 2015 where the cars are tilted too far to the right, but overcompensated a little as they appear slightly tilted to the left . Also, it is no longer available on Steam, just on Windows.

Also, it no longer comes with a free comb.

Spoiler

#35023 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:26 PM

Oh for sure this makes sense. When i buy the bundles i tend to only actually keep like 1-3 of the games and sell the rest, which usually means i spend like 2-3 bucks a bundle and wind up playing at least half the games i get so it works for me pretty great. But yeah if you're spending 12 bucks and playing just a handful of the games you buy not so much for sure, but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway

Well, I think the other thing for many is - well, the price of buying the game you really want by itself (and/or version from the service you prefer, such as Steam for many) can be a little less, close to or equal, or a littler higher in the Bundle.

In which, if there's other stuff you want and do actual play in the HBC (or any other bundle, for that matter) - yeah, it'll be more worth your while to buy the bundle.

Only other time you might really do good is: say you activate a game you don't care about...but then it gets pulled from Steam (and any other service). I dunno 'bout you, but...it's always cool owning stuff that you can no longer buy and is no longer for sale anymore anywhere; especially stuff w/ licensed-stuff (licensed music, licensed cars, licensed characters, licensed IP's, etc etc).

I've been looking at Call of Chtulu (Cyanide) and Coma 2 - so, for those two alone, probably worth just grabbing the bundle, no matter what I do w/ any of the other keys (activate them, giveaway, or whatever).

Pretty much, for those two alone (Call of Chtulu which I can never spell right and Coma 2), it's tipping me to BUY. 

#35024 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11056 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:29 PM

...but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway

Right.  I'm 'guilty' of that but to a lesser degree.  Trying to avoid it going forward.  Being picky and cheap go hand-in-hand!

#35025 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:31 PM

Humble is giving away F1 2018.

Comparing it to my copy of F1 2015, there appear to be two extra playable characters.

They seem to have worked fixing the issue with F1 2015 where the cars are tilted too far to the right, but overcompensated a little as they appear slightly tilted to the left . Also, it is no longer available on Steam, just on Windows.

Also, it no longer comes with a free comb.

Spoiler

I somehow own both of these, already. Probably unplayed, I'd guess.

Maybe...they were bundled?

#35026 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5440 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

Ah, now that's more like it. A monthly where I actually wanted a couple of the games, find a couple more interesting, AND don't have to make any choices! :D

The $4 off coupon from skipping last month doesn't hurt, either.

#35027 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:41 PM

When I tried to pause last month - well, I didn't get a $4 offer.

If I got a $4 offer last month, I probably would've (barely) jumped on that bundle. I wasn't super thrilled w/ last month's bundle and also wasn't thrilled w/ the news on them offering bans on giveaways/trades and whatnot.

This month - oh, I'm definitely in though, $4 coupon offered or not.

#35028 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5451 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:42 PM

I dunno...

Played it, didn’t really hold my attention. It’s a good game, but not AAA imo. They’ve gotten better but their games always have a fair bit of jank that keeps them from being top tier. Granted I would say that things like Senua’s Sacrifice, Braid, and Journey were all overrated and boring as well, so maybe it’s just personal tastes.

#35029 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8826 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

Right.  I'm 'guilty' of that but to a lesser degree.  Trying to avoid it going forward.  Being picky and cheap go hand-in-hand!

the increased crappiness of the steam sales (in addition to just having bought a lot of the stuff that's always cheap anyway) has definitely reduced my spending habits. now i just tend to get the monthly choice bundles and each sale buy llke 1-2 games i'll want to play soon

#35030 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Vikings does look more interesting than last month's extra game, Boundless. Already noticing it starting to flood Barter. 

#35031 BreadNiblets   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1295 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

BreadNiblets

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:01 AM

Looked at this month's list of games and though to myself that it's not half bad. And then I thought about what that really means and I went ahead and finally ended my subscription for good.

#35032 MysterD   39 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   25882 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:04 AM

It didn't offer me $4 this month when I tried to pause, so...bought it.

#35033 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:14 AM

Got $2 off myself...good enough.

#35034 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   14967 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 03:47 AM

but then again most people in this forum tend to have hundreds of games they dont play anyway

https://steamdb.info...07403855/?cc=us

Real stats are probably like "373 played, 5000 idled"

#35035 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   5899 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 08 August 2020 - 05:40 AM

I know I'm too easy to please... but this seems like a winner to me.

#35036 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4795 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2020 - 10:19 PM

I know I'm too easy to please... but this seems like a winner to me.

giphy.gif

#35037 Agadama   CAG CAGiversary!   1838 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

HUMBLE KILLING FLOOR BUNDLE

https://www.humblebu...s/killing-floor

$1

Killing Floor

DLC:

Mrs Foster Pack

Robot Premium DLC Character

Ash Harding Character Pack

The Chickenator Pack

Killing Floor - Reggie the Rocker Character Pack

BTA

Killing Floor 2

DLC:

Foster Classic Bundle

Commando Chicken Bundle
Clot Backpack Bundle
Compound Bow
Community Weapon Pack 2
Community Weapon Pack 3 - Us Vs Them Total Conflict Pack
Community Weapons Pack
Nightfall Character Pack
Camo Weapon Pack

$15 or more
Killing Floor Incursion (VR Only)
DLC:
Wasteland Bundle
Briar's Bobby Bundle
Tanaka's Biker Bundle
Hazmat Suit Bundle
DAR Assault Armor Bundle
Pajama Bundle
Cardboard Knight Bundle
Witch Hunter Outfit Bundle
Santa's Helper Outfit Bundle
Foster's Favorites Weapon Skin Pack
Mrs. Foster
Badass Santa Bundle
Headshot FX Pack 1
Headshot FX Pack 2
Grim Treatments Weapon Bundle
Yuletide Horror Weapon Skin Bundle
Killing Floor 2 Digital Deluxe Upgrade
Neon Character Pack
Neon Weapon Pack
Golden Weapons Pack
Outbreak Character Pack
Golden Weapon Pack 2

#35038 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   11056 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:19 PM

KF2 has taken a nosedive since their integration with Epic.  Community is also kind of hit and miss.  Some people have actually gone back to KF1.

• hal likes this

#35039 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10544 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:51 PM

I prefer KFC

#35040 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1173 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:50 PM

Rising Storm 2 is likely a future Epic freebie, based on Killing Floor 2 being given away.