* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#10981 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

It's rad and it has dinosaurs
steam_sig.png
go find another forum to clog up with your chunky stink
-jle7385

#10982 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:54 AM

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10983 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4576 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

You can say that again

CAG and chill to my favourite track ... The Strangest Dream  9timh3.jpg

#10984 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:55 AM

it looks like shit, with dinosaurs

#10985 cyrus386  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:00 AM

Sigh...I hate my data provider.

#10986 sunasun   "The Burger King" CAGiversary!   4628 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:05 AM

MD didn't say what you supposedly "quoted."

Don't put words in his mouth.

you mean like this?

toast_messenger3.jpg

What kind?

051094001-03-BLT-burger_xlg.jpg

of course

only if they're busty otherwise no sale

08201301_possible_idea_by_neme303-d6j02m

spoderman And tebow like this

midnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#10987 spoderman  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:11 AM

its spnaky spakny tiem with dinasours ehehehe

GUtUP1U.jpg

#10988 The End   America's Sweetheart CAGiversary!   6142 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:13 AM

I nearly had a heart attack laughing at that dinosaur pic.

#10989 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

Sunsasun that is some freaky ass shit that I would expect to see from Foxhack instead of you. Or in Gender Bender DNA twister or whatever the hell it's called.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10990 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8691 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

Sunsasun that is some freaky ass shit that I would expect to see from Foxhack instead of you. Or in Gender Bender DNA twister or whatever the hell it's called.

Excuse you, I like humans. =;

#10991 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:06 AM

Excuse you, I like humans. =;

Humans in plushy suits?

#10992 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:07 AM

Exactly.

He knows WAY too much about furry shit.

Excuse you, I like humans.  =;

photo-53414.png

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10993 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8691 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:09 AM

Exactly.

He knows WAY too much about furry shit.

photo-53414.png

And it's precisely because I know way too much about furry shit THAT I PREFER REAL PEOPLE.

#10994 Drabelincoln   Do Not + Will Not CAGiversary!   6725 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Drabelincoln

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:14 AM

And it's precisely because I know way too much about furry shit THAT I PREFER REAL PEOPLE.

donkey shows would have probably ruined me too

#10995 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:15 AM

And it's precisely because I know way too much about furry shit 

From experience no doubt.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#10996 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

He must be learning.

Anyway I wouldn't even pay a penny for DRM crap. Ain't Nobody Got Time Fo Dat.

I need all the games I'll never play collected to the same account (which ain't Humble) that I can access from anywhere thx.

And of course I mostly agree with you except for the odd item that just isn't available elsewhere.  In this case, having Armageddon Empires on my Humble account seems better than having it on some developer's site that I'll never remember.

#10997 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1350 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

And of course I mostly agree with you except for the odd item that just isn't available elsewhere.  In this case, having Armageddon Empires on my Humble account seems better than having it on some developer's site that I'll never remember.

Man the one time I was going to pass on a Humblebundle and you have to display some logical argument to get it? 

#10998 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

So has anyone actually asked the AE dev if he would ever consider putting it on Steam and if so if he would give Steam keys to Humble buyers?

I don't want to be annoyed later when Spoder gets keys for another DRM Free game I passed on.

Directly, probably not, but he did post this about three years ago, long before the advent of the epic phenomenon that is Greenlight. I haven't seen anything suggesting that he's changed his mind about this. It's a shame because these look like some well-crafted games, at least as good as the Dominions series, and, even if they weren't, you can pretty much drop a deuce and get it on Steam these days, so why not put something worthwhile on there? This guy's one of the last indie holdouts who's been making games for quite a few years but hasn't felt the need to try to get them on Steam. It's not as though he couldn't continue to sell his games on his own website for $20 a pop (I'm pretty sure Jeff Vogel still does), but this would be an alternative revenue-stream. 

1819.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#10999 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

Man the one time I was going to pass on a Humblebundle and you have to display some logical argument to get it?

That's Gilby, blinding everyone with his damned logic. I prefer to be irrational.

Directly, probably not, but he did post this about three years ago, long before the advent of the epic phenomenon that is Greenlight. I haven't seen anything suggesting that he's changed his mind about this. It's a shame because these look like some well-crafted games, at least as good as the Dominions series, and, even if they weren't, you can pretty much drop a deuce and get it on Steam these days, so why not put something worthwhile on there? This guy's one of the last indie holdouts who's been making games for quite a few years but hasn't felt the need to try to get them on Steam. It's not as though he couldn't continue to sell his games on his own website for $20 a pop (I'm pretty sure Jeff Vogel still does), but this would be an alternative revenue-stream. 

I've seen a few devs make comments like that and I get it but someone should give them the memo that Greenlight is crazy easy to get into these days (although Valve seems to be shifting to doing smaller unannounced batches of late, ignoring games that try to work the system and just generally getting more involved, it seems).

And yes Jeff Vogel is still selling his games on his site for more money. It's controversial but I'm sure there's some Germans or something that would rather pay more to not get it through their hated enemy Steam that has destroyed their lives.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#11000 Malkan   No, ALL! CAGiversary!   1068 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

Directly, probably not, but he did post this about three years ago, long before the advent of the epic phenomenon that is Greenlight. 

I do find this quote ironic now that his game is available for 1 cent in a bundle.

The only thing Steam has ever given me so far is that empty feeling in the gut as I have watched them deflate indie software prices almost single handed.

#11001 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

Srsly.

As far as I'm concerned, Humble has done way more to devalue indie games than Steam. In most cases you'll get 75% off tops for a game by itself on Steam. With Humble, you get Steam versions of multiple games for a dollar and if you don't care about that then multiple games for as low as a penny. Plus unlike Groupees and Gala etc that are mostly just known by a niche of extreme deal hunters, Humble is super mainstream and sells a bajillion copies.

steam_sig.png
-jle7385

#11002 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

I do find this quote ironic now that his game is available for 1 cent in a bundle.

Srsly.

As far as I'm concerned, Humble has done way more to devalue indie games than Steam. In most cases you'll get 75% off tops for a game by itself on Steam. With Humble, you get Steam versions of multiple games for a dollar and if you don't care about that then multiple games for as low as a penny. Plus unlike Groupees and Gala etc that are mostly just known by a niche of extreme deal hunters, Humble is super mainstream and sells a bajillion copies.

No argument here. Yes, pretty much every indie dev (just look at the hated Puppygames post) has a secret or not-so-secret longing for the good old days when people sort-of expected to pay $10-25 for a game made by a small team of 1-5 people and sold only through the mail or a single website. The digital marketplace has changed, and while you can argue about whether that's a positive thing or not, it is reality. I'm not saying I agree with Cryptic Comet's decision not to post its games on Steam, I'm just reporting what the dev has posted publicly about the matter. IMO, you're crazy not to take advantage of as many revenue streams as you can get your hands on in 'Murica. 

I would assume the fact that he agreed to go into Humble was a signal that he wanted to get the exposure for his games that comes with it. Yes, he'd probably get a lot more bites if he were in Greenlight or already on Steam with Armageddon Empires, but he does have three other DRM-free games he's currently selling on his site, and this may give him a nice boost in sales for those. 

1819.png

#11003 dfg   Impecunious Ass Gamer CAGiversary!   3132 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:47 PM

and, even if they weren't, you can pretty much drop a deuce and get it on Steam these days, so why not put something worthwhile on there? 

Keys added for Toilet Tycoon? Sweet.

¡Viva los CAGs!
Posted Image

#11004 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5203 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

Keys added for Toilet Tycoon? Sweet.

I wish!

1819.png

#11005 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   874 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

Damn, I really wish I liked digital comics as there have been some great bundles over the last few months. Not to mention, it looks like these kinds of bundles are going to become more and more common. Unfortunately, I just don't enjoy the digital side of the comic industry. Something just gets lost in the conversion. 

76561198036254291.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#11006 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4466 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:28 PM

Damn, I really wish I liked digital comics as there have been some great bundles over the last few months. Not to mention, it looks like these kinds of bundles are going to become more and more common. Unfortunately, I just don't enjoy the digital side of the comic industry. Something just gets lost in the conversion. 

Right.  It's just not the same when you don't need to find massive amounts of storage space.

#11007 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8691 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Right.  It's just not the same when you don't need to find massive amounts of storage space.

Or have to deal with ink staining your fingers, or if you miss the smell of old comics.

#11008 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   13641 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

Or have to deal with ink staining your fingers

How sweaty can your hands possibly be?!

#11009 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:05 PM

New Humble Store Promo - Surprise Attack Weekend:

Other Humble Store sales:

Posted Image

#11010 cyrus386  

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Ha, that's a good one.  Love the suggested price.  I wonder how many of these they actually sell?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free