* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#18871 Syntax Error   Art School Dropout CAGiversary!   10669 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Syntax Error

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:44 PM

Pay $12, get four games I already own.  Sounds like a capital idea.

#18872 agentghost   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5095 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

so no weekly HB today? #$@R@#@ you HB.. where's my fix?

#18873 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4311 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

so no weekly HB today? #$@R@#@ you HB.. where's my fix?

It's now HB Monthly...12 dolla...U bai nao!

#18874 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5318 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what game that background artwork is from? I'm assuming this is a slightly more sophisticated version of the Jonny drawings that Groupees is now notorious for.

#18875 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2862 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:39 PM

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know what game that background artwork is from? I'm assuming this is a slightly more sophisticated version of the Jonny drawings that Groupees is now notorious for.

I think it's just custom art by/for Humble (the character is holding a red knapsack, just like the Humble logo).

#18876 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29325 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:50 PM

So the big announcement is Humble Monthly Bundle which is $12/month subscription for games...

https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly

12 per month for lame pc games or  12 per month  for  2 at a time gamefly game.... gamefly anyday

#18877 ianharwood   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   183 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

ianharwood

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

Is it too late to get the monthly bundle tomorrow If I subscribe?

Ah nvm, it appears the first bundle isn't until November.

#18878 Blade   Imminently Punchable CAGiversary!   14124 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:16 PM

12 per month for lame pc games or  12 per month  for  2 at a time gamefly game.... gamefly anyday

what                                                                                                                  are

#18879 elessar123  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:26 PM

I think it's just custom art by/for Humble (the character is holding a red knapsack, just like the Humble logo).

Probably not a hint of an actual game, but it does remind me of Flame in the Flood.

#18880 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, Grimlock 2 is a nice incentive. I've been meaning to get that, and will probably get at least one month from this anyway. But I think I'll still hold out to see if any information leaks.

Sure just wait for them to put up an archaic chat room where no lives who spend all day in there because they're on disability so what the hell else are they going to do run some DoIOwn? command 800 times a day one by one through the process of elimination ruling out each of their 5,000 games.

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:27 PM

I just got this email, I thought it was a fucking joke.  They really can't be serious with this..... I mean I know Humble Bundle has largely been going downhill, but I think they've really lost their minds now.

Sadly this will probably still sell, more and more idiots are willing to throw money and subscriptions at stuff without the first inkling of what they are actually going to get.

12 keys of solitaire.  Every month.  Maybe that's why Windows 10 charges for it now.

#18882 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

Me, Grimlock 2 isn't much of an incentive.  Should be around $6 or less during the upcoming sales.  And you know they're going to tease you with the better game meaning the others could, quite possibly, be Greenlight fodder.

Anyway, RIP Humble.

#18883 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4205 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

Anyway, RIP Humble.

On the contrary; I hear the Humble coin is on the rise.

#18884 rcsample   You're entering a world of pain! CAGiversary!   4311 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:14 PM

On the contrary; I hear the Humble coin is on the rise.

Nah, eCoins is so yesterday...Humble is going with ePaperMoney.  Here is what you get for buying the first Monthly Bundle (in addition to sum really sooper games...yuk yuk!)

wBRUVfx.png

#18885 Red_Lizard2  

Red_Lizard2

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:47 PM

To all the weirdos upset about soundtracks and wallpapers

WTF is wrong with you people

Seriously.

Probably needed something new to collect after spending life savings on getting 5000 Steam games to never play =p

#18886 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:51 PM

Apparently I bought two of this bundle. Enjoy!

FV576-ZYIIT-P3JP9

Shogun: Total War Collection
Medieval II: Total War Collection
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Total War: ARENA Beta Access Key

#18887 HBX   Let That Boy Cook CAGiversary!   1000 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:56 PM

Apparently I bought two of this bundle. Enjoy!

FV576-ZYIIT-P3JP9

Shogun: Total War Collection
Medieval II: Total War Collection
Viking: Battle for Asgard
Total War: ARENA Beta Access Key

Already yoinked, but thanks nevertheless

#18888 Larry Davis   It's All Smooth Sailing From Here On Out CAGiversary!   2733 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Larry Davis

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:12 AM

that monthly thing is fucking hilarious, did I Rip Van Winkle my way to April 1st or some shit?

loot crate but with games I probably already have, a winning combination of two shitty things that are even worse together

#18889 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:29 AM

that monthly thing is fucking hilarious, did I Rip Van Winkle my way to April 1st or some shit?

loot crate but with games I probably already have, a winning combination of two shitty things that are even worse together

Except lootcrate at least gives you some physical chotchkies and crap. The most you can hope for with this is mp3s. woofuckinghoo 

#18890 HyperG   GamersVlog.com CAGiversary!   2892 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking "whatawaste". It be useful for having things to giveaway on my website but not really investing in it at the moment.

#18891 zenii   cynical sam CAGiversary!   1268 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:56 AM

Humble just made a rather large Poopees in it's pants.

#18892 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   945 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:04 AM

Ok. I admit I at first glance of the email from humble bundle thought something different.

I was thinking/hoping that I could be lazy and simply prepay every month $12 for at least each of the second tier weekly bundles (third / top tier would even be better).

I typically buy the main and weekly bundles at least dollar to second tier.  If I really want the top tier game, I will sometimes justify paying $10 or whatever for that bundle.  Thus, I thought $12  for 4 weekly bundles and I only have to pay once would not be bad. (Yes, I am that lazy)

I am hesitant about this monthly.  While I would not mind buying Grimlock 2 at a substantial 75 or more off, I am wanting more info before I commit $12.  I also worry that humble is outpacing itself.  Humble has been the site to beat with regards to quality.  For instance, groupees aka poopees is okay if you just want greenlight or fodder plus ones.  Maybe I am wrong, but I do not think that adding yet another bundle every month is going to keep quality games coming.  I would prefer that humble ask developers and publishers to come with better offers i.e. better enticements for a BTA or upper tier.

Regarding OST, I consider music to be gravy with these bundles.  I like OST to be included, but will not loose sleep if not.

Please do not ask.  The answer is yes I am a silly person that will buy the first month bundle more for FOMO instead of rational thought.

#18893 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20393 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:48 AM

While I doubt this is going to be the worst deal in the world and Humble is probably the best to do something like this, we're clearly not the target audience.  This is for the bros who always BTA and do the higher tier and buy all the physical items and just love to support indie devs and give 5% to charity. Thankfully, I have such specific likes in my games that I know even a monthly bundle of top indie hits wouldn't be of use to me so I can pass with ease. 

#18894 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23908 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 01:51 AM

I'd like to thank Humble this week for coming up w/ nothing for the Weekly and saving me a bit of money from either $1 or BTA tier.

Looks like this week, my Humble Weekly Bundle $ went to Groupees for BAB9 pre-order instead.

Oh, about about the $12 subscription for a Humble Monthly Bundle - meh, no thanks.

#18895 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:16 AM

Pay $12, get four games I already own, give them to Mooby.  Sounds like a capital idea.

#18896 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:19 AM

Re: 'The monthly.' That they'll probably only reveal/tease one game a month is the worst part.  I guess they want to emulate those shitty 'What's in the box' websites that sell crap for a monthly sub?  There's a good chance the four games included for $12 will be a good deal... but I'm not buying anything blind.  Certainly not when the quality of games in their other bundles has been going down the crapper.

#18897 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23908 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

Re: 'The monthly.' That they'll probably only reveal/tease one game a month is the worst part.  I guess they want to emulate those shitty 'What's in the box' websites that sell crap for a monthly sub?  There's a good chance the four games included for $12 will be a good deal... but I'm not buying anything blind.  Certainly not when the quality of games in their other bundles has been going down the crapper.

Plus, who knows what kind of repeats we could possibly wind-up with.

#18898 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:35 AM

Seems like most of the reaction is fairly negative from the Twitter/YouTube comments.  My personal favorite:

Wow, a glory hole distribution service, where every game is a surprise? this really tarnished my respect for Humble. I don't know if I'm going to get dupes, DRM Free titles or useless Origin/Uplay keys for my money. Good luck trying to give this a positive spin. Maybe pocket a few YTbers and have them fake excitement over Monthly humbles like they do with Loot Crates?

#18899 8bit_arcade  

8bit_arcade

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:46 AM

I subscribed just because I don't have many indie games and am trying to get back into them. I figure I'll give it a couple months and see what goes out. Maybe it will turn out to be a ripoff, but honestly this entire holiday seems like a ripoff with the way console prices and games are going.

I thought the incentive of a well reviewed game would be nice to try, but honestly, I have no idea what the hell people see in this Legend of Grimrock game. Maybe it's a lot of nostalgia for old school PC gamers who played Myst or whatever else I guess, but I wasn't one of those people. After about a half hour though I didn't see much fun in stepping on tiles, picking up random items, and clunky grid based combat where you're getting bullrushed by an enemy and you basically click a mouse on a weapon to throw or swing at them while using some first person based tank controls that makes Resident Evil look like Mario 64 in freedom. I watched a little bit of a Let's Play on YouTube to see if it gets any better. It doesn't.

Maybe I should have researched a little more what the game was about, oh well. Some games just aren't for everyone.

#18900 Mooby   Herp Derp CAGiversary!   10253 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2015 - 02:51 AM

It's people like you who are to blame!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Humble Bundle, Humble, bundle, steam, indie bundle, pc, mac, linux, drm-free