* * * * * 20 votes

Humble Bundle Thread

Humble Bundle Humble bundle steam indie bundle pc mac linux drm-free

#20011 juanjava   El ojo en el cielo CAGiversary!   4057 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

So... no HB... 

#20012 nny   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

No main bundle this week?

#20013 Detruire   Would have finished the dark skin first CAGiversary!   5337 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

#20014 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10351 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

No main bundle this week?

Edit: Detruire'd

#20015 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:08 PM

Translation:

We'll be too busy trying to figure out why so many of our Humble Monthly subscribers have canceled their subscriptions to deal with making bundles or anything like that for the next fortnight.

#20016 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2363 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

Oh man it's 2PM on Tuesday wonder what the new bundle -- 

4644.jpg

#20017 Motiv  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:14 PM

...will be on paws... 

:rofl:

That pun is surprisingly more satisfying than their blind Monthly subscription shenanigans.

Yes, I partook in November, but never again!

#20018 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:21 PM

Translation:

We'll be too busy trying to figure out why so many of our Humble Monthly subscribers have canceled their subscriptions to deal with making bundles or anything like that for the next fortnight.

Sadly that seems pretty much spot on. I wonder what happens in the next couple months...if the monthly bundles aren't as successful, does HB abandon them? Does the focus on getting better games for monthly bundles mean fewer main bundles?

#20019 smackattack   Seriously? CAGiversary!   1223 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

smackattack

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

im surprised they are not whining about all the hate they have to be getting from the monthy bundle. I give it 3 months before it is quietly retired.

#20020 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4535 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:16 PM

Sadly that seems pretty much spot on. I wonder what happens in the next couple months...if the monthly bundles aren't as successful, does HB abandon them? Does the focus on getting better games for monthly bundles mean fewer main bundles?

They've already had fewer main bundles this year.  A good amount of publisher bundles and Jumbos, but the main Humble Indie Bundles have been scarce.  I suspect that may be due to a lack of decent games that are willing to be in the main bundles.  Lots of keys at whatever portion of a $6 average may not be all that compelling for the publishers of the better indie games.  A larger share of a larger amount per key (with less keys) may be more compelling for publishers.

im surprised they are not whining about all the hate they have to be getting from the monthy bundle. I give it 3 months before it is quietly retired.

Again, a lower total amount with a much lower number of keys issued may be more palatable for publishers.  The monthly also doesn't have the same DRM-free multi-OS requirement of the main Indie Bundles, giving it a larger pool of games to pull from.  Unless publishers jump ship I don't see the monthly going anywhere.

#20021 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3922 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:21 PM

They've already had fewer main bundles this year.  A good amount of publisher bundles and Jumbos, but the main Humble Indie Bundles have been scarce.

They've been later than usual, but so far we're still on track to get the typical number of HIBs in a year: 3.

Unless publishers jump ship I don't see the monthly going anywhere.

Wait, is this like your prediction about how the first Monthly was going to be good?

#20022 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4535 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:31 PM

They've been later than usual, but so far we're still on track to get the typical number of HIBs in a year: 3.

I'm not sure we'll see a third one this year.  There were four in 2014, two in 2013, and three in 2012.  So, really, two or three wouldn't actually be unusual and we are on track.  Basically.  So maybe we'd see more like one in 2016 if they do cut back.

Wait, is this like your prediction about how the first Monthly was going to be good?

Maybe.  I have no special knowledge.  I just observe that some higher-profile indie games seem to be staying out of bundles these days.

#20023 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

Oh shut up and stop being an anti-Mooby and let us ride our hate train about the god damned monthly mystery box. :-P

#20024 Waggles   What the funk n waggle you talkin' bout? CAGiversary!   4195 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:19 PM

Maybe.  I have no special knowledge.  I just observe that some higher-profile indie games seem to be staying out of bundles these days.

Double Fine Monthly confirmed.

No refunds give-backsies confirmed.

#20025 spoderman  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:45 PM

When Gilby says a humble monthly bundle will suck, I'll start subscribing.

#20026 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

FWIW, someone on Reddit claimed he requested a refund for the Humble monthly (he hadn't revealed the keys yet) and they gave it to him. Kind of defeats the purpose of a mystery box but good to know I suppose.

#20027 gilby   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   4535 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 01:21 AM

Oh shut up and stop being an anti-Mooby and let us ride our hate train about the god damned monthly mystery box. :-P

I'm not saying it's anything we're going to want to buy.  Just that publishers might be happier.

I could almost see that happening, given the photographs that Schafer seems to have.

When Gilby says a humble monthly bundle will suck, I'll start subscribing.

I'm out for the next one.  And probably the rest, too.  Is that enough for you to moran?

#20028 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2804 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

I wonder when the hints start dropping?

#20029 georgebot84   Steamboy CAGiversary!   868 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

georgebot84

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:19 AM

Abyss Odyssey

MXHQV-IMB39-8M28Z

Thanks for Abyss

Here is 

Jazzpunk:

LJTAP-X0LN5-H0248

and 

Sanctuary RPG:

GDZE8-MMN4K-WCNMR

#20030 Rhynometheus  

Rhynometheus

Posted 11 November 2015 - 04:21 AM

Sanctuary RPG:

Thanks for Sanctuary!

#20031 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

New Humble Books Bundle - DIY:

• Make: Inventing a Better Mousetrap
  • Make: Planes Gliders and Paper Rockets
  • Make: Like the Pioneers
  • Make: Volume 29, DIY Superhuman/Mod Your Bod
  • Make: Volume 17, Lost Knowledge
  • Make: Easy 1+2+3 Projects
  • Make: Volume 34, Explore the Deep

Beat the Average for the above and:

• Make: Bicycle Projects
  • Vintage Tomorrows
  • Illustrated Guide to Home Forensic Science Experiments
  • Illustrated Guide to Astronomical Wonders
  • Make: Volume 28, Toys and Games
  • MAkes: Volume 13, Magic
  • 21st Century Robot

Pay $15 or more for all of the above and:

• Make: Tinkering, 2nd Edition
  • Make: The Annotated Build-It-Yourself Science Laboratory

New Humble Peanuts Comics Bundle BTA Unlocks:

• A Valentine for Charlie Brown
  • Peanuts: It's Tokyo, Charlie Brown!

#20032 spoderman  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:53 AM

New Humble today is probably this.

• Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Phantoms by Ubisoft
  • Ravenmark: Scourge Of Estellion by Witching Hour Studios
  • Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! by Daylight Studios
  • Rocketbirds: Harboiled Chicken by Ratloop Asia
  • Cubetractor by Ludochip
  • Devil's Dare by Secret Base
  • Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition by PD Design Studio
  • Autumn Dynasty by Touch Dimensions and
  • Mooncake Shop by Afzainizam Zahari

Credit goes to Tomasety for providing info on the leak

#20033 TrumpCat   knows more about being a cat than anyone, believe me CAGiversary!   4588 Posts   Joined 4.5 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:01 PM

y they put free game in bundle?

#20034 DD83   'nives 'n 'nades CAGiversary!   8289 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

They trying to be poopees.

#20035 spoderman  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:08 PM

y they put free game in bundle?

DLC, like they did with the E3 bundle

#20036 Foxhack   Bad Hombre CAGiversary!   8721 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:20 PM

• Ravenmark: Scourge Of Estellion by Witching Hour Studios
  • Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! by Daylight Studios
  • Rocketbirds: Harboiled Chicken by Ratloop Asia
  • Cubetractor by Ludochip
  • Devil's Dare by Secret Base
  • Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition by PD Design Studio
  • Autumn Dynasty by Touch Dimensions and
  • Mooncake Shop by Afzainizam Zahari

Credit goes to Tomasety for providing info on the leak

So.

F2P crap,

A turn based wargame,

A Recettear-inspired sim game,

A fun (but frustrating at times) shooting action platformer,

A puzzle action game,

A beat'em up with permadeath,

A Dust ripoff,

ANOTHER Strategy game (mobile only, the sequel got Greenlit),

And a Popcap Android-only ripoff.

I really hope all the strategy crap is bundled on the high tiers. But knowing Humble, Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare will be in the $15 tier. Bleh.

#20037 spoderman  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:25 PM

So.

F2P crap,

A turn based wargame,

A Recettear-inspired sim game,

A fun (but frustrating at times) shooting action platformer,

A puzzle action game,

A beat'em up with permadeath,

A Dust ripoff,

ANOTHER Strategy game (mobile only, the sequel got Greenlit),

And a Popcap Android-only ripoff.

I really hope all the strategy crap is bundled on the high tiers. But knowing Humble, Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare will be in the $15 tier. Bleh.

My guess is they'll put the non-repeats (Holy Potatoes and Ravenmark) in a high tier and the repeats in the $1 tier. Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare have been in cheap bundles before..

#20038 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16774 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

Is this some THINK OF THE CHILDREN thing?

#20039 warreni   Eminently punchable CAGiversary!   5253 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

My guess is they'll put the non-repeats (Holy Potatoes and Ravenmark) in a high tier and the repeats in the $1 tier. Dusty Revenge and Devil's Dare have been in cheap bundles before..

That sounds about right, which sucks for me, because Ravenmark is the only thing out of that batch that looks interesting.

#20040 spoderman  

Posted 12 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

That sounds about right, which sucks for me, because Ravenmark is the only thing out of that batch that looks interesting.

Slitherine has put games in $1 bundles before so there's a chance Ravenmark won't be in a high tier. Holy Potatoes might as well be guaranteed to be in a high tier though.