* * * * - 37 votes

The Steam Deals Thread v10

steam steam deals cards steam cards gaben pc steambox

#691 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7556 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:15 PM

DAMMIT I FELL ASLEEP AND FORGOT ABOUT THE WOLF AMONG US GIVEAWAY

#692 Neuro5i5   pʎslǝxıɔ CAGiversary!   10349 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:16 PM

That pretty much defeats the purpose of using any "official" BD player software. You should be able to use any player.

If all you're looking at is a single .m2ts, then I guess so, but you can do that without it.  If you want to play the container or in my case the .iso, then no, a proper player (or really proper codecs) is still required. 

When I tried to update it I was told I was free to upgrade it for something ridiculous like $120. I passed. It may just be software preloaded on certain computers, I'm not sure.

Now that I think about it, it may have been that they stopped supporting new BDs instead of it just not working. Either way, it made it useless.

Ah, that makes sense then.  Yeah, my 7.3 is most definitely EOL.  

#693 inm8num2   The result is quite fresh and quality. CAGiversary!   2802 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Maybe I was just luckier then. Still a hell of a lot easier to win than the GOG freebies lol

I might have F5'ed just a bit later than others, although by 28 min after the hour hit I was F5'ing nonstop. LOL.

#694 detectiveconan16   Delicious! CAGiversary!   7085 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

detectiveconan16

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Dang, I have to wait until the big Steam sale for the AVGN game, since I didn't buy a card.

#695 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:02 PM

The trick was to copy/paste your email address and type 1 letter for your name. You have a lower chance of winning if you type everything manually.

When I got mine, I pasted the email and then typed out the full name. I made a typo but I left it. Perfect timing I guess.

#696 vince_carter   what's a panini CAGiversary!   1462 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

vince_carter

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

hope they do this for walking dead s2

not interested in this one

#697 madjoki   Hey, y no wen free!? CAGiversary!   5253 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I wasn't interested until I heard of free giveaway and now I can't wait for second episode :(

#698 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:31 PM

I think I'm gonna wait til all of the episodes are released before I play any of it.

FYI if you're waiting to pre-load Assassin's Creed 4, you can load 260.1 MB of it now.

#699 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:12 AM

This is for antonio banderas  snakeybro: http://kotaku.com/an...us-g-1465148653

#700 kingtopher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:36 AM

There's almost no way I'll be able to wait past release day to buy Walking Dead S2... a deal would be nice but I think I want to play it too badly.

#701 indef  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:49 AM

There's almost no way I'll be able to wait past release day to buy Walking Dead S2... a deal would be nice but I think I want to play it too badly.

Check out the GMG thread.  You can get it for $16.87.

#702 FoxAssGamer   Better Than You CAGiversary!   20288 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Good deal.  I'll wait for all the episodes to come before getting too cuckoo about getting it though.  Love love love the game, but would be agonizing to wait for each episode again unless I get it free or get a super deal. 

#703 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Good deal.  I'll wait for all the episodes to come before getting too cuckoo about getting it though.  Love love love the game, but would be agonizing to wait for each episode again unless I get it free or get a super deal. 

Exactly why I'm not buying The Wolf Among Us unless I get a crazy good deal on it, until the rest of the episodes are out. By then, there will be some good deals, and I won't have to wait and wait for each episode.

#704 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

Iris sounding cornea butt you can suck my rods and cones if you don't nose E.Y.E. now has cards.

Empty boasting/posterity: 5 drops and my first 2 went for 25 cents each.

#705 kingtopher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

I'd rather have it on Steam. I may grab it from someone like JakeNome if he has a decent deal. It's supposed to be out this month, right?

#706 spoderman  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

That's weird.. I didn't know GMG sold Telltale redemption codes.

#707 Carlmundo   Worthy Adversary CAGiversary!   1043 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

So I've been messing around with Train Simulator 2014 lately...

Here's some HOT physics gameplay:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=195290201

#708 MIND LINK   FREE DRUGS CAGiversary!   3108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

ASRock releases motherboards designed to mine Bitcoins, generate internet moolah

#709 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

So I've been messing around with Train Simulator 2014 lately...

Here's some HOT physics gameplay:

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=195290201

I've always been one to not see the appeal in these things. You may have just changed that.

#710 sasquatc4   CAG in Limbo CAGiversary!   1608 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thats not worth it at all.  Its just extra slots for 'mining graphics cards' and using gfx these days gets you no where.  The return of power consumption on a gpu to output doesnt work out anymore now that all the miners are using ASICS

i.e. an avalon asic that does 66.3 gigahashes/sec at 620watts and a cost 1300$ has a break even point on just the hardware at 54 days

If you take the best possible gpu card at 770megahashes*6 cards @ 2250 watts for all 6 cards, and say 2500$ for all the cards plus psu

You will never break even after 2 years, you in fact have a net loss of 7500$ just in energy costs+hardware

They are about 2 years too late and just hoping to cash in on the bitcoin name at this point, pretty shady.  Though there are some miner cards coming out that fit in pci slots, but you can still get way more efficiency out of a 500$ little usb box sitting in the corner

#711 waabulo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   931 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:29 AM

several games on Steam now have cards i.e. EYE, Postal 2, and Sequence.  Besides being in a bundle back in Summer 2012, has Sequence been in any other bundle? (Yes, I checked indie game bundle wiki first)

regarding Postal 2; When Postal 2 became available on Steam, a Steam key was added to the Desura copy.  

#712 MetalMegaGio   MetalMegaCAG CAGiversary!   3179 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

MetalMegaGio

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:30 AM

several games on Steam now have cards i.e. EYE, Postal 2, and Sequence.  Besides being in a bundle back in Summer 2012, has Sequence been in any other bundle? (Yes, I checked indie game bundle wiki first)

regarding Postal 2; When Postal 2 became available on Steam, a Steam key was added to the Desura copy.  

Postal 2 has had cards for a while now.

#713 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:01 AM

Just noticed Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced is on Steam....blarggggghhh I want it. Full price...25 dollars....must resist 

#714 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:11 AM

Just noticed Baldur's Gate 2 Enhanced is on Steam....blarggggghhh I want it. Full price...25 dollars....must resist 

Keep resisting!

BG2: Complete - The Not-Enhanced Edition has been quite cheap before on GG and GOG.

It was $2 during this insane GOG insomnia sale.

I'd say - for now, just mod the hell out of that, if you actually have it!

Should you really drop $25 on an old game that's basically been revamped a bit for modern OS's w/ some new pieces of content that sound more like DLC?

Is this so called Enhanced Edition going to be really mod-friendly like the old versions were?

I'd say wait it out til them EE versions get much cheaper - especially if you own the older-editions.

#715 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:16 AM

Keep resisting!

BG2: Complete - The Not-Enhanced Edition has been quite cheap before on GG and GOG.

It was $2 during this insane GOG insomnia sale.

I'd say - for now, just mod the hell out of that, if you actually have it!

Should you really drop $25 on an old game that's basically been revamped a bit for modern OS's w/ some new pieces of content that sound more like DLC?

Is this so called Enhanced Edition going to be really mod-friendly like the old versions were?

I'd say wait it out til them EE versions get much cheaper - especially if you own the older-editions.

Fo sho. I needed to see that. I have the old version, there's no real logical reason for me to get this, especially now for 25 bucks...I just want it because I'm an American game hoarding douche who wants moar stufz. Plus those screenshots look nice

Edit:Plust Baldur's Gate 1 EE was a freaking mess when it dropped.

#716 Naked Snake Eyes   What would Snake do? CAGiversary!   6462 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Naked Snake Eyes

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:37 AM

I'd rather have it on Steam. I may grab it from someone like JakeNome if he has a decent deal. It's supposed to be out this month, right?

I saw it in the trade thread today for $14.

#717 MysterD   37 Year Old Birthday Toaster (Oct. 25th) CAGiversary!   23659 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:38 AM

Fo sho. I needed to see that. I have the old version, there's no real logical reason for me to get this, especially now for 25 bucks...I just want it because I'm an American game hoarding douche who wants moar stufz. Plus those screenshots look nice

Edit:Plust Baldur's Gate 1 EE was a freaking mess when it dropped.

I understand wanting a new and improved version to a classic - but at $25?

C'mon - they better revamping the hell out of it for modern-OS's and also be adding crap-tons worth of new content, for that kind of money.

I understand the whole "Well, it's going to be much easier to just have many mods already installed for me" mentality those BG1/2 EE's have going on. But w/ EE changing enough stuff to that old-engine, old-mods probably won't work probably (which some complained about on BG1:EE) or actually would need to be converted properly. That's two reasons I've held off on the EE versions.

Plus, here's the other thing - I don't know when the hell I really will want to make time to ever want to replay BG1 + 2, no matter what-version it is! Those games are just massive time-sinks!

Same goes for FF7 Re-release, as well - especially since I've played through FF7 PSX-version few times already on my old PSX.

If those two BG1/2 EE's even got in a HB or Groupees Bundle for mad cheap, especially in the $1 tier - I'd be all over it for backlogging purposes.

#718 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

I understand wanting a new and improved version to a classic - but at $25?

C'mon - they better revamping the hell out of it for modern-OS's and also be adding crap-tons worth of new content, for that kind of money.

I understand the whole "Well, it's going to be much easier to just have many mods already installed for me" mentality those BG1/2 EE's have going on. But w/ EE changing enough stuff to that old-engine, old-mods probably won't work probably (which some complained about on BG1:EE) or actually would need to be converted properly. That's two reasons I've held off on the EE versions.

Plus, here's the other thing - I don't know when the hell I really will want to make time to ever want to replay BG1 + 2, no matter what-version it is! Those games are just massive time-sinks!

Same goes for FF7 Re-release, as well - especially since I've played through FF7 PSX-version few times already on my old PSX.

If those two BG1/2 EE's even got in a HB or Groupees Bundle for mad cheap, especially in the $1 tier - I'd be all over it for backlogging purposes.

Apparently they added over 350,000 words to bg2 ee..That sounds crazzzzzzyyy. And yeah, they are huggggge timesinks. My BG EE playthrough was like, 85 hrs according to steam

#719 Dreamweaver7   Valar Morghulis CAGiversary!   348 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Dreamweaver7

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:58 AM

Tower of Guns is the current IGS game. Usual $1 for keys. It's already been Greenlit so it's essentially an early access Steam key. Pub has already committed Steam keys to early access purchasers.

#720 pasports31   New Year's Resolution = Make a Dent in my Backlog CAGiversary!   8333 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

Tower of Guns is the current IGS game. Usual $1 for keys. It's already been Greenlit so it's essentially an early access Steam key. Pub has already committed Steam keys to early access purchasers.

I just read something where apparently the creator says it's "the binding of isaac meets quake"

In in in in inininininininininininininininininininin.